Bring Back Leaderboards

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Yeah I said it. Bring them back!

The league is nothing but a grind-fest for the legendary wings. Deep down, I think all players realize this, even if they don’t want to admit it. I tried, TRIED to give leagues a chance, hoping that it could be made better, but…nope. The bad matchmaking mixed in with pip progression, the attitudes, bad progression system that doesn’t allow you to lose divisions, even from Amber, has jaded me. THREE seasons and THREE chances I gave, no more.

After season 4, or the end of Year of Ascension, or however it’s done I advocate for the leagues to be removed and for leaderboards to be brought back in! Leaderboards for the most part were fine. Though it was also a grind-fest, it was a grind-fest for a different reason: the ranking and win/loss calculation. The games during the leaderboard era were MUCH better in quality. Blowouts were mostly rare since you had the 50/50 matchmaking back then.

Bring them back!

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Once time ago….the old top100 soloqueue

Dream:

Legendary = old top100 soloqueue

(edited by Phil.8901)

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

nah /15 char too long ok

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

One time I was #2 on the leaderboards. You know who was #1? Some random guy who was 10-1. H8 the old leaderboards.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

I had the most fun in pvp during the soloq leaderboard. It’s straight downhill from then and we’re at the bottom now.

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

A simple leaderboard showing who has the most matches won and what league they are in would be nice. Yeah, it might be a grind fest to get to the top but it would at least show experience. I’d take anything at this point.

I’d even take a league leaderboard… Just show all players and their league.

OR add up total divisions crossed since S1…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

A simple leaderboard showing who has the most matches won and what league they are in would be nice. Yeah, it might be a grind fest to get to the top but it would at least show experience. I’d take anything at this point.

I’d even take a league leaderboard… Just show all players and their league.

OR add up total divisions crossed since S1…

Same here. Anything, even leaderboard with grinding, is better than leagues. It is crystal clear pvp has gone down the drain.

But hey, at least unranked is still fun.

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

If they make a system that works I’d be all for it. No idea how to make it work.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

I had the most fun in pvp during the soloq leaderboard. It’s straight downhill from then and we’re at the bottom now.

Ha! Got that right! That’s what LEAGUES should really be about, climbing a TABLE. None of this pip nonsense.

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/history The old team and solo queue leaderboards can be seen here: if you watch the old team queue leaderboard: it consists of the same people that are good now (likewise to the old soloq [somewhat]).

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

One time I was #2 on the leaderboards. You know who was #1? Some random guy who was 10-1. H8 the old leaderboards.

Old leaderboards had problems with people who played very little, but that could be fixed, for example require 100 matches to show up in leaderboards.

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Old leaderboards had problems with people who played very little, but that could be fixed, for example require 100 matches to show up in leaderboards.

That was entirely contained in soloq, but not in teams.

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Yeah I said it. Bring them back!

Though it was also a grind-fest, it was a grind-fest for a different reason: the ranking and win/loss calculation.

Bring them back!

In 2015 the Test season 1 and 2, was grinding board fest. It was not great.

Before, in 2013 and 2014… we had a skill based leaderboard. Meaning that your rank was calculate in function of “who you win” and “who you lose”.

A little like season 1 pips… got more pips if you win versus a better team, lose more if you lost versus a worse team (compare to yours).

Nobody here want to GRIND games to show on a leaderboard.

Everybody want to get better and so win versus better people, to get a raise on the BOARD.

So with 2014 MM and board system, put on it your league divisions if you want to… but it would be way better to simply show your RANK on the board, in game.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: BeLZedaR.4790

BeLZedaR.4790

I think having a leaderboard inside legendary instead of meaningless prestige levels would be good. I mean, legendary means kitten for a good player and its hard enough for a bad player so it’d be a good entrance bar to a more competitive scene.

Make condi rev great again.
Top 25 solo condi rev S7

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Why not just have a leaderboard showing total pips earned per season? Kinda simple, right?

I’ll even include some example SQL pseudo code:

select
player_name,
pip_count,
matches_won,
matches_lost,
“Legacy of Foefire” as favorite_map
from SOME.Super_Secret_Table
where player_type != ‘noob’
order by pip_count desc;

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I had more fun in PvP when the lederbuadeszsz where on.
Now I rarely even play.

P.S Make Yolo Q great again.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

leaderboard were never gone.

it is now known as the legendary prestige leaderboard.

Bring Back Leaderboards

in PvP

JTGuevara.9018

leaderboard were never gone.

it is now known as the legendary prestige leaderboard.

Technically…you’re right!

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)