Bring back 5 man queue

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: masterfan.8375

masterfan.8375

Lets all agree that 2 man queue is the worst decision ever. Its pure gamble, and your skill doesn’t mean ANYTHING if you get complete randoms in the team who only got 500 -1000 games. What’s point of this? I don’t see any competition in that. No pre mades, no voice chat, no nothing. Where’s fun in that? You are destined to gamble every single game. You don’t have to remove Solo/Duo queue completely, just separate it from the Team Queue. Problem solved, Team Queue its own ranking board, Solo/Duo queue has its own…

(edited by masterfan.8375)

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Hell naw. Solo/Duo queue is way better…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Allowing 5 man exploit squads, err I mean “organized teams,” would make things that much worse.

Learn to play on your own. This season is a test of individual skills.

Mesmerising Girl

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

masterfan.8375

Allowing 5 man exploit squads, err I mean “organized teams,” would make things that much worse.

Learn to play on your own. This season is a test of individual skills.

Test of individual skills? You forgot that this is team play (5v5). Your individual skills can be out of this planet and it wont even matter…

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Lets all agree that 2 man queue is the worst decision ever.

Lets not! For a casual game like this . Solo/Duo is absolutely needed. Now they should also have team q but to mix them like In previous seasons is wrong and based on the polls a lot of people agree with me more than they agree with you.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

So you cant get carried by premades anymore while farming pugs so you complain? Excuses. If anything its easier to win in this system cuz 2 players can make a huge difference

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Lets all agree that 2 man queue is the worst decision ever. Its pure gamble, and your skill doesn’t mean ANYTHING if you get complete randoms in the team who only got 500 -1000 games. What’s point of this? I don’t see any competition in that. No pre mades, no voice chat, no nothing. Where’s fun in that? You are destined to gamble every single game.

if they would have solved the stacking issue, i would disagree with you,… however…

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Oldyoung.6109

Oldyoung.6109

Why is it always assumed premades are better than solo/duo? in my experience and from every data point I’ve heard there’s about a 1.5% winrate in favor of premades which is hardly significant.

In many cases the premade will be worse because they let a less skilled teammate in, they are overconfident, or they fool around since their team is all friends and they don’t care if they lose while having fun.

Whereas the benefits of having premades in the que include having 3+ people who will report an idle player either result in a higher ban probability or a perceived probability that might curb such behavior. (all significant punishments are reviewed be Anet false reporting resulting in a ban is not a problem)

though i may be biased since 3 of my losses today had afkers

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

The skill of the person is a big factor. I’m not the greatest but I’ve had teams were one skillful person used their ability to help direct others where to rotate and it helped us win.

Mini Map and team chat are no voice comms but they are tools to get organized as best as possible.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

If you can’t win with a duo queue, you don’t deserve it, period.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

So you don’t really know who got carried into the top 250 and who carried? nty

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Git gut. /10charrs

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Cameron.6215

Cameron.6215

ur just bad bro, come on solo/duoq is so good

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Ioras Dagnir.3927

Ioras Dagnir.3927

Just some quotes from the competitive play page from the GW2 website.

“Competitive play in Guild Wars 2 is easy to learn but offers challenges for new players and hardcore PvPers alike. Whether you decide to jump into quick, furious matches between small groups of players in organized PvP or join hundreds of other players in the grand battles of World vs. World, PvP is where you’ll find the ultimate challenge!”

please note the use of the word ORGANIZED and ULTIMATE CHALLENGE.

Heres some more “New and casual players can easily hop into an ongoing match and start playing right away without worrying about setting up a team. Competitive players looking for more organized play can test their mettle in PvP Leagues, which use matchmaking to pit teams of five players against each other in an attempt to climb through the ranks and enter the prestigious legendary division.”

Yet casuals cry at the mere prospect of a challenge like a premade team. People insist on playing solo and complain when they lost and then ruined it for teams who want to play competitively against other teams. If you want battles of individual skill ask for a duel system or make a 1 vs 1 match. Competitive league was meant for teams and guilds from the start. Unranked was meant for casuals.

Casual and competitive have very different meanings but some people don’t seem to understand that. Anet are now bending over backwards to cater to casual players who feel like everything should be easy for them that they’ve gone and changed an entire game mode. Talk about no backbone.

(edited by Ioras Dagnir.3927)

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Shouldn’t they have both? We’re always arguing for one side against the other. To me it makes sense for the game to have both.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Ioras Dagnir.3927

competitive should remove soloQ and only allow teams of 2, 3 and 5. that way it still easy to enter and you are ganna be more organised in your play.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Oldyoung.6109

Oldyoung.6109

competitive should remove soloQ and only allow teams of 2, 3 and 5. that way it still easy to enter and you are ganna be more organised in your play.

would increase q times quite a bit though.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Yet casuals cry at the mere prospect of a challenge like a premade team. People insist on playing solo and complain when they lost and then ruined it for teams who want to play competitively against other teams. If you want battles of individual skill ask for a duel system or make a 1 vs 1 match. Competitive league was meant for teams and guilds from the start. Unranked was meant for casuals.

You’re deluded if you think mixing premade teams and matching them up against casual pug solo teams was providing a “competitive” environment.

Why do you think “serious” teams organized their own scrims and tournaments? It wasn’t fun for them to stomp pug solo teams. Only people with low self esteem needed the help of premades to make them feel like they were good because they destroyed a pug team while on voice comms and optimal class composition.

suck it up and git gud.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Ioras Dagnir.3927

You’re deluded if you think mixing premade teams and matching them up against casual pug solo teams was providing a “competitive” environment.

Why do you think “serious” teams organized their own scrims and tournaments? It wasn’t fun for them to stomp pug solo teams. Only people with low self esteem needed the help of premades to make them feel like they were good because they destroyed a pug team while on voice comms and optimal class composition.

suck it up and git gud.

i could say the exact same thing to pugs and casuals. idc who i played against so long as i won with my team. now teams dont get to play at all.

Ive had this same arguement in other threads and people dont seem to understand competitive league was meant for those exact players who used ts and did think about team comp, not for teams of 5 randomers, where is the fun in that seriously? its not about stomping on pugs to feel good about ourselves thats the exact skewed toxic perceptions thats caused a lot of these problems in PvP. I could say that the real reason players insist on playing solo is because if they lose is because they can blame literally everyone but themselves, but i know thats not true sometimes its just not convenient or its just not your play style. All players have pretty much have the same opportunities in game, to try and make friends/join guilds that suit their play style, its easy to download free ts software, mics arent expensive if you dont have one, and if you dont but your team is still on ts it doesnt matter that much anyway. competitive means being better and doing everything you can to win which is why solos shouldnt have a place in ranked if they arent doing just that, cause hotjoining pugs is just asking to lose a game.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

suck it up and git gud.

i could say the exact same thing to pugs and casuals. idc who i played against so long as i won with my team. now teams dont get to play at all.

So you admit you would rather have easy wins rather than competitive matches? ok….

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Ioras Dagnir.3927

So you admit you would rather have easy wins rather than competitive matches? ok….

no i admitted that i dont care who my opponents are so long as we won, don’t try and twist my words. your signature is literally ‘buff my main class, nerf everything else’ and think that speaks volumes on the kind of player you are tbh

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

no i admitted that i dont care who my opponents are so long as we won, don’t try and twist my words. your signature is literally ‘buff my main class, nerf everything else’ and think that speaks volumes on the kind of player you are tbh

yes but since ANET said that a VAST MAJORITY of players would solo or duo queue, in previous seasons if you queue with team it was highly likely that you would face many many teams of solo/duo pug teams and very few organized premades. So when I said you would rather have easy wins than competitive matches im only stating the pure facts of what was happening in previous seasons.

And before you say I don’t know what I am talking about. I belong to a pvp guild but I spent 80%-90% of my matches as solo/duo . The remaining matches where I was in a team on Voice comms with the right builds it was ridiculously easy to destroy pug teams. Simple things like not having to type in team chat and just speak telling my team mates where to go and if I need help makes a massive difference. It was too easy and frankly it was fun for a few matches but gets boring real quick.

The only fun matches I had as a premade was when we came across another premade but that was the exception not the norm.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The league should be, get 5 players then queue. The league MM id a joke end of story.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Ioras Dagnir.3927

Fair enough Spartacus, I know rationally its just meant as a joke I am just that frustrated that this season went the direction it did, sorry for making it personal taking shots. Different players play for different reasons mine is purely rewards and co-operative teamplay. Which is why i I cant speak for anyone but myself. but in my guild we majority played 3-5 man teams but mostly 5 man if we could, and yeah the challenging games against other premades were the best, i didnt even resent losing because you know then they are the better team and you could of played bettter. ruining other pugs with scores of 500-100 which yeah got boring i was never going to lose any sleep over it i just think ‘why are you even here?’ i even just straight up lost sympathy for them eventually. asking for help and communicating over ts is a big help and the biggest pro of premades but if its just one or two people without its manageable and we never excluded anyone for it.

This is why i think 2, 3 & 5 team only Q should be a thing. Duo is only a short jump from solo and you at least get put in with a 3man team, in those kinds of match ups a 5 man premade (unless they are a really skilled) has no garuntee of winning unlike 5s vs pugs.

Edit: Also BrotherBelial has a point cause thats how raids and dungeon parties are formed seems very fair tbh, if it doesnt effect queue times which i doubt it would.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

No. This is better.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Lets all agree that 2 man queue is the worst decision ever. Its pure gamble, and your skill doesn’t mean ANYTHING if you get complete randoms in the team who only got 500 -1000 games. What’s point of this? I don’t see any competition in that. No pre mades, no voice chat, no nothing. Where’s fun in that? You are destined to gamble every single game.

Let’s NOT agree. Bringing back solo q was the right decision.

However, I do agree with you that team q should be brought back as well. Why not have BOTH? As it used to be!

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Yeah, pretty sure people that want a Team Queue want it to be a 5v5 only Team Queue. Not sure why everyone is against a completely separate Team Queue.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

masterfan.8375

Well yea, we definitely got an agreement that there should be Team Queue and Solo/Duo queue separated. Would be cool if they brought that in next season

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

That was the way it was before. The queues were combined to lower queue time. I suspect it was also an attempt to force people to team.

Whatever the case, combining the queues has been negative for PvP.

Mesmerising Girl

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

masterfan.8375

That was the way it was before. The queues were combined to lower queue time. I suspect it was also an attempt to force people to team.

Whatever the case, combining the queues has been negative for PvP.

Yes I remember that that was the case. And it was pretty decent back then. It should be brought back to life.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Actually it is easier to carry in GW2 than in OW for example. Besides few common issues (forced 50% winrate, afkers, leavers, class stacking) i am enjoying current season so far.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: jdh.2541

jdh.2541

Being able to create a 5 man premade was SO much better than this solo/duo queue mess. I now have to rely on 3 people who have so far been absolute crap players for my ranking. Last season I only moved up in rankings…this season I can’t even move up a tier because I’m stuck with 3 people I can’t rely on as teammates. I would rather wait an hour to play a match and know I have a team of 5 I can rely on than to wait 1 min to play and lose every match due to idiots.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Make seperate 5man only queue, easy.

Pugs are and will always be random and you never know what you get or what ridiculous kitten they’re going to pull off, while some claim luck may be a skill it certainly is not.
Obviously being good helps and you can carry yourself up to a certain point, but if you have bad luck with teammates then it’s still a frustrating experience.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Yeah, let’s go back to the horrible way things were before, with premades fighting pugs. Those were great days! MAKE GUILD WARS 2 GREAT AGAIN!

Or you can adapt and encourage Anet to keep this system and introduce a 3+ man queue. That’ll work well too once these great changes bring back more players.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

The argument against team queues in competitive is predicated on a random solo team of keyboard turners being matched against a full ESL team. It’s simply ludicrous.

Do honestly think the vast majority of teams can call targets, coordinate burst, rotate appropriately, track respawns, etc.? The main advantage for most teams in queue is a well-rounded team composition. And that shouldn’t be such an advantage because any solo queue team has ample time to achieve a well-rounded comp quickly with minimal communication. Most solo queue players simply don’t put in the effort. And for that, they should lose and have lower ratings.

The biggest problem from past seasons with team vs solo queuing in the combined competitive queue was the awful pip system which restricted the matchmaking pool. Teams and solo players were both sitting in 7-10min queues and at that point, rating isn’t going to be anywhere close when a match does occur. THAT is why you saw so many blow-out matches in Season1 thru Season4.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

(edited by Exedore.6320)

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Yeah, let’s go back to the horrible way things were before, with premades fighting pugs. Those were great days! MAKE GUILD WARS 2 GREAT AGAIN!

Or you can adapt and encourage Anet to keep this system and introduce a 3+ man queue. That’ll work well too once these great changes bring back more players.

Precisely! Well said.

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Precisely! Well said.

Not well said at all. Are you guys reading? When we talk about wanting a team queue, we want a 5v5 only Team Queue, separate from Solo/Duo Queue. Nobody gives a kitten about stomping pug groups, so stop bringing that up already when it has nothing to do with the goals of this thread.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

masterfan.8375

Precisely! Well said.

Not well said at all. Are you guys reading? When we talk about wanting a team queue, we want a 5v5 only Team Queue, separate from Solo/Duo Queue. Nobody gives a kitten about stomping pug groups, so stop bringing that up already when it has nothing to do with the goals of this thread.

Exactly that. This is a pure nonsense playing with 3 randoms who can’t even read the chat. Not to mention their gameplay…

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Precisely! Well said.

Would it share leaderboard with soloq?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

masterfan.8375

Precisely! Well said.

Would it share leaderboard with soloq?

No, It would be separate leaderboard for soloq and team q

Bring back 5 man queue

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Separate queues for Solo/Duo and 5 man Team Q should be ANETs goal. This current change hopefully brings back more players to PvP. Enough to support 2 separate queues.