Bring back Zaishen Elite/Challenge!

in PvP

Posted by: Melony Songbringer.3864

Melony Songbringer.3864

Guild Wars 1 was such a great game in the sense that you would NEVER run out of things to do while playing either PvE or PvP. The focus here being PvP.

Bored of RA/TA? Want a challenge? Hit up HA!
Think your good? Get a team and go GvG.
Want to mix it up even more? Go play Hero Arenas!

Want to test numbers, builds, or conditions? Isle of the Nameless!

Want to earn a bit of “Faction” while testing against old school Team Comps?
Go to Zaishen Elite/Challenge!

While the second to last thing on my list is somewhat implemented in the form of Test Dummies and NPC Professions in the Mists. The lack of a Zaishen Elite type challenge concerns me. There is also the fact of just having something extra to do during those down times.

Having an option like this not only gives players the ability to earn a bit of Glory, but also gives them the chance to work on actual team comps and communication against a set of NPC teams. Similar to that of the NPC challenge in HA. Test before you play.

What do you think?

in PvP

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

I don’t think it is possible (or at least possible with reasonable efford) to program a player-like AI for Gw2 that can dodge, cap nodes etc…

in PvP

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

then you underestimate what ai’s today are possible to do, it might end up being a considerable effort tho with minimal return

in PvP

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

As I said, I don’t think its possible with reasonable effort. The devolopment time would be better spend on something more important.

in PvP

Posted by: Melony Songbringer.3864

Melony Songbringer.3864

It may be unreasonable to program them to do the above with 100% accuracy, but you have to remember, games like Unreal Tournament 2004 had AI smart enough to dodge, cap nodes, steal flags, jump to avoid and shoot with godlike aim.