Bring back skill meters/notifications?

in PvP

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

I realize this was a feature of GW1, which I’m well aware was a completely different game.. but not so different that this feature wouldn’t serve GW2 well.

If you contrast the two games, it seems they went backward with this design choice. First off they removed skill meters(and notifications for skills without activation time, i.e. stances) and secondly they added an awful lot of blitter and glitter that obscure character animations which might otherwise be a strong tell for opponents.

I also realize you can change a few settings to make animations more visible, but it still remains an awkward system compared to its predecessor’s. Just being able to quickly read over a few skill choices and uses will tell you a lot about what your opponent’s build is and what they might be trying to do. That is incredibly useful information in a PvP environment.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

No.

This isn’t GW1 no matter how many of you want it to be. They wanted this game to animation centric….. I could only imagine how easy this kitten would be if I could see a cast bar for every skill.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

I could only imagine how easy this kitten would be if I could see a cast bar for every skill.

Could you elaborate on how it makes the game easier? I don’t see the connection here. I think it’s a quality of life thing in that the game would become more readable. Maybe you would lose some immersion but frankly GW2 never struck me as a game that took itself seriously.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I would see opponents skill bars…… as opposed to having to pay attention to animations…

I would never look at animations ever again.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I agree with nexed, having to pay attention to animations is part of the game. Moving back to cast bars would be a step back, that’s for games without nice unique animations.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.