Bring back solo queue [merged]

in PvP

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

This is literally the only reason I don’t spvp much any more. Premades are not fun to go against.

Every competitive game I have ever played (CS, SC, etc) has never allowed premades to go against randoms. It is literally one of the most non-competitive things you can do in matchmaking.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

That’s the crux of the issue: From an e-sports perspective, it makes no sense for premades to ever be allowed to play vs randoms.

Premades do not improve from crushing randoms. Randoms don’t learn anything from getting crushed by premades. There is no defined path for growth. Right now the process goes: Step 1) Randoms get crushed by premades, 2) Randoms are inspired to form a premade, 3) Newly premade crushes randoms = no improvement, premade stagnates. 4) Back to step one.

The most competitive team-based e-sports games in existence support solo queue mode. Chew on that for a moment. Learn from example.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

That’s the crux of the issue: From an e-sports perspective, it makes no sense for premades to ever be allowed to play vs randoms.

Premades do not improve from crushing randoms. Randoms don’t learn anything from getting crushed by premades. There is no defined path for growth. Right now the process goes: Step 1) Randoms get crushed by premades, 2) Randoms are inspired to form a premade, 3) Newly premade crushes randoms = no improvement, premade stagnates. 4) Back to step one.

The most competitive team-based e-sports games in existence support solo queue mode. Chew on that for a moment. Learn from example.

Well said. I am 100% in agreement.

in PvP

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

ROFL. I just got a PM saying that this thread got merged. Sometimes I pretend like maybe Anet just doesn’t read the forums and that’s why they don’t know solo queue is needed. So basically Anet went through and saw we all want solo queue, merged our threads, and then continues to just ignore us.

Amazing.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

This would be essential for the growth and health of the population.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

ROFL. I just got a PM saying that this thread got merged. Sometimes I pretend like maybe Anet just doesn’t read the forums and that’s why they don’t know solo queue is needed. So basically Anet went through and saw we all want solo queue, merged our threads, and then continues to just ignore us.

Amazing.

Actually, it’s so they have a count of people legitimately wanting soloQ. Otherwise, you’ll only see 5 threads with 5 replies to the same topic… stretched out amongst the other threads. This thread, along with others, would eventually get burried in the other tabs.

Be happy that a Mod is actually seeing them and merging these topics together for a solid count. If you haven’t realized it already, it’s kind of how they make major decisions.

Back on topic
There’s obviously a lot of, casual, players wanting a SoloQ. Even though I only play Ranked, the game as a whole really need it. That’s not to say it needs a leaderboard or League system. It absolutely doesn’t.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

TorsoReaper.8530

Amazing.

Actually, it’s so they have a count of people legitimately wanting soloQ. Otherwise, you’ll only see 5 threads with 5 replies to the same topic… stretched out amongst the other threads. This thread, along with others, would eventually get burried in the other tabs.

Be happy that a Mod is actually seeing them and merging these topics together for a solid count. If you haven’t realized it already, it’s kind of how they make major decisions.

Back on topic
There’s obviously a lot of, casual, players wanting a SoloQ. Even though I only play Ranked, the game as a whole really need it. That’s not to say it needs a leaderboard or League system. It absolutely doesn’t.

I understand why they merge a thread, my point is that nobody from anet will even acknowledge this is a concern. If Evan came on here and only posted the words “A lot of people seem to want this, we’ll think about it”, I would feel better. Instead we get merged into one topic and still nobody at Anet can even bother to acknowledge this is an issue.

If you go back and look at every single thread relating to solo queue, Anet has remained utterly silent.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Amazing.

Back on topic

I understand why they merge a thread, my point is that nobody from anet will even acknowledge this is a concern. If Evan came on here and only posted the words “A lot of people seem to want this, we’ll think about it”, I would feel better. Instead we get merged into one topic and still nobody at Anet can even bother to acknowledge this is an issue.

If you go back and look at every single thread relating to solo queue, Anet has remained utterly silent.

If you go back and look at every single inquiry players ever had, Anet never goes in to say, “A lot of people seem to want this, we’ll think about it.” They don’t work that way. It’s bad customer experience for them to say that, only for it to not happen.

When something is for sure is going to happen, that’s when they’ll chime in that thread and say, “It’s going to happen.”

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i think comm wit the players is always good. dats how u have a community. w/ conversations. win most of the conversation is from 1 side, eventually that side gets quietr cause they don’t see the pt of talking alone into an empty room. then they go to where they feel their voices are heard. rite?

in PvP

TorsoReaper.8530

If you go back and look at every single inquiry players ever had, Anet never goes in to say, “A lot of people seem to want this, we’ll think about it.” They don’t work that way. It’s bad customer experience for them to say that, only for it to not happen.

When something is for sure is going to happen, that’s when they’ll chime in that thread and say, “It’s going to happen.”

Actually it’s not bad customer experience. It’s only bad if they don’t explain why.

I think the absolute best customer experience is for them to say “hey we’re going to look into it”. If they fix it they can say “we fixed it because you were right” kind of like the last matchmaking patch. Otherwise they can say something to explain their decision, ie: “We didn’t fix it because we found that 85% of matches are not solo queue vs premade and of the 15% that were, the final score was 90% of the time within 100 points” or whatever scientific explanation they have…. It surely wouldn’t be what I wrote because we know that’s BS, the matches are blowouts and that’s why people are upset but I hope you get my point.

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Make it like in GW1. When your team wins the game keeps it together and when you win so many games in a row you get put into team queue. In GW1 it was 10 games in a row. Perhaps make it 5 for here since games take longer.