Bring back solo queue

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

The experiment has failed horribly. We had this debate two years ago. Solo players don’t want to fight teams. Teams don’t want to fight solo players. Bring back solo queue.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

I agree. My teammates arent always on and we need a full roster otherwise our MMRs are high enough that if we’re trioQing, the other 2 players are Rabbits to compensate.

#anetplz

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yeah the current system is horrible for those who play solo. Nice try ANET but I think it is time to admit a mistake and make the correct changes.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Murdock.1493

Murdock.1493

seriously… 6 time streak matching 2~3team or 5 premade when i doing solo que(also we are 5 solo guys all). new match making system still working now??

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Lopez.7369

The worst part is I seem to have gotten stuck in ELO hell because I lost versus various groups while solo queueing. So not only is my experience unpleasant because I fight groups, it’s generally unpleasant all the time because I play with terrible people.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

The experiment has failed horribly. We had this debate two years ago. Solo players don’t want to fight teams. Teams don’t want to fight solo players. Bring back solo queue.

Solo que needed to be removed
I won’t go in to it’s levels of corruption, concerning match manipulations

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

agreed. please bring it back. i have not had fun since it was removed at all.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Arenanet has proved it several times that they dont care about solo Q.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

This was a bad experiment. Don’t see why Anet can not see their mistake.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: gimrob.9071

gimrob.9071

Bad. Not the word for solo q. FAILED is anet.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Soloq is pretty much dead.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Marthindon.6429

Marthindon.6429

Sadly (literally sad because I love pvp) tonight I have resigned myself queuing up solo isn’t working for me anymore. It just is not fun. I’ve pumped in major hours into pvp since the 2nd but I can’t make it enjoyable.

Practice areas are almost always a lopsided zergfest so I can’t even do that. Getting to dragon rank I was on the winning side 70% + of 1200 matches on my main. Now I’m running 4o-45% and people are screeching and insulting each other.

You just can’t compete with people in voice chat, running complimentary builds, running in pairs, coordinating combos, knowing each others strengths etc. Even if your team has a premade you’re the scrub while they work tightly together.

Things happen – interesting updates – game marches on – but not with me queuing solo.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

New match-making is abysmal. It really doesn’t work. Very sad because I was looking forward to it.

My brother and I could duo queue previously and have fun, now it just seems like we get farmed by full premades.

+1 for solo queue coming back. It wouldn’t be necessary if they could actually get match-making right, but it doesn’t seem like they can.

Previous iteration of match making wasn’t great, but it was a lot better than this.

1. Get rid of hot join, make unranked queue the new practice mode (why does HJ even exist at this point, it is useless for practice w/ the way it is implemented now)

2. Leave custom, player owned arenas for tournies and dueling, etc.

3. Make compete have a solo and team queue.

Sanctum of Rall

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Kirby.9138

Kirby.9138

I’ve never played Team Queue in GW2 but am an avid Solo Queue player; why am I being forced to play in a pickup group against people in mumble? How is this balanced?

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Kirby.9138

Kirby.9138

I can’t believe the developers thought that people running builds that help each other/fulfill roles and talking though a client can compete against a random grouping of classes that can’t do these things.

It’s embarrassing that the games developers need to be reminded how balance works. I’ve already quit solo queue; it’s horrid. Reverse this change and maybe you might fix an already shrinking community.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Yeah, going solo doesn’t work like it used to.
Then again, the new point based leaderboard isn’t about MMR anymore. The ones who play the most games are at the top, win rate doesn’t matter.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Yeah, going solo doesn’t work like it used to.
Then again, the new point based leaderboard isn’t about MMR anymore. The ones who play the most games are at the top, win rate doesn’t matter.

I hear you, but for most people, the leaderboard is only one part of the equation. The most pertinent question is whether players enjoy the matches they are getting and if they feel that the experience on offer is meaningful and worthwhile. People don’t tend to bang their heads against a wall voluntarily for all that long before moving on to pastures greener. I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t really care if I’m high on a leaderboard or not if the playing activity itself feels like chewing glass. Queuing solo and facing a premade sucks the fun right out of playing.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Hate to rain on the parade, but solo queue was just as bad as the combined queue. You won in solo queue by having less completely terrible players than the other team. And that still happens in the combined queue. The only difference is that people try to 1v1 less; if you try to do it, you’ll most likely lose.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

are you guys actually confirming if you are playing against premades or solos?
i always que solo and the last 2 days i have barely run into any premades, at most a duo. (been checking every game since 16th)

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

also if you want better matches i think if they separated Conquest and TDM into different queues and keep solo and team mixed you would get what you really desire. biggest problem i see is that too many people just want to fight or try to get as many points as possible. the people who want to fight would probably prefer TDM style, and the conquest people can get the point farmers in check when they realize they get more points by winning.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Sebastian.4610

Hate to rain on the parade, but solo queue was just as bad as the combined queue. You won in solo queue by having less completely terrible players than the other team. And that still happens in the combined queue. The only difference is that people try to 1v1 less; if you try to do it, you’ll most likely lose.

This just isn’t true, the main issue with solo queue was 4v5’s. Yes there were bad games, but i’m getting LOADS more in this new system. I’m getting players that have no idea what they are doing, players that have inflated egos cause they are top 25,50,100 on leaderboards but in actuality they are not good players at all.

But the main issue is the game plays completely different when you put a group of 2,3,4,5 any size in it against players queued by themselves. solo queue and team queue were like two completely different game modes and mixing them is like throwing tennis players onto a basketball court and expecting them to even be able to contest.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Sebastian.4610

are you guys actually confirming if you are playing against premades or solos?
i always que solo and the last 2 days i have barely run into any premades, at most a duo. (been checking every game since 16th)

id say 80% of my games are against a duo or trio and sometimes 4 or 5. as a solo player being matched against even a duo is unacceptable.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Anet is still trying to push esportz, and because nobody want to play teamq, they’re literally force everyone to play it.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Vimbi.9768

Vimbi.9768

Score can not be the measure of skill or success in PvP matches. Just
replace the old MMR system.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: JRM.6218

JRM.6218

That (bring back) will not happen: the developers would have to assume the error. Well, maybe is not an error: the teams (not hardcore ones) are happy, and farming…

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Pretty Much disallow queing To unranked with more then 3 players and you’ll have a competitive environment on par with the awful (BUT SORELY MISSED) soloque.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Trybil.1567

Trybil.1567

team players need solo players to fill in the gaps on partial-teams, or the queue times would be too long for them.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: amery.6417

amery.6417

+1

Bring back the soloQ. I don’t understand why it was removed. It’s unfair and unsportsmanlike to be matched against (or with) a premade group with the advantage of class selection, voice communication, experience playing together, and map selection influence.

We had a level playing field for people interested in PVPing solo. Just fix the 4v5’s and fiddle with the matchmaking, but don’t change the solo aspect of it. Please bring it back.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

It seems Arenanet hasn’t learned from the first time they combined ranked pvp in one system.
I’d have expected you to learn that when PvP started to flop big time a couple of months after launch, but apparently some people never learn.
I’m sorry, Arenanet: Solo players don’t want to have to find a team. Sure, there are exceptions to that rule. Some players just might do things they never did before, find guilds, teams, stomp unbalanced matchmaking teams. But the majority would rather quit.
I’m sure Justin has some smart “statistics” to counteract that argument, but.. we’ve all played enough PvP games to see where developments like these are headed. Straight into the dumpster (Gw2 is still there, it has never recovered from the atrocious pvp at launch)

Bring back soloq and improve upon both solo and teamque, instead of kittenblocking yourself by trying to improve on the combination.

(edited by theoutsider.7849)

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Lopez.7369

I just fought a five-man team with three solo players and a two-man on it.

Bring back solo queue.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I just fought a five-man team with three solo players and a two-man on it.

Bring back solo queue.

Wow, you guys had a duo queue? The matchmaking must have been feeling generous

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

There are plenty of premade teams that will lose to a group of 5 skilled solo players. The problem is only with high-tier premades wiping the floor with solo Q players. But, in reality, they will wipe the floor with low-mid tier premades too.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Lopez.7369

There are plenty of premade teams that will lose to a group of 5 skilled solo players. The problem is only with high-tier premades wiping the floor with solo Q players. But, in reality, they will wipe the floor with low-mid tier premades too.

This debate is over and done with. It has been for two years, which is why they added solo queue in the first place. Even the developers agree solo players should not fight five-man or even four-man teams.

This is just a failure of their algorithm. Plain and simple. They either need to fix it, which it seems they’re incapable of doing, or bring back solo queue, which nobody said should be removed in the first place.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Trybil.1567

Trybil.1567

It used to be fun. Now it isn’t. Good game.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

Matchmaking put me against a trio guild team, and I think my team may have had a trio group too.

What was horrible about it? I assume they were all russian, they were all warriors, they just ran in a blob from one point to the other. I’m not sure if they were bots or not.

Well the last few games have all been terrible. No soloQ is horrible…

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Sebastian.4610

I’ve been having horrible games all day, ive never gotten this angry with pvp in this game. solo queue was so much more satisfying and enjoyable even with 4v5’s included then this abomination of a system.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Popcornpasta.7605

Popcornpasta.7605

Totally agree that solo q needs to return. I’m completely sick of going solo and smashing against premade after premade. Find me the person that thinks long strings of blowout losing streaks are fun and you’ve got a solid argument to the contrary.

Bring back solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Thread closed per topic starter’s request.