Bring back the Hall of Heroes

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Heir.9021

Merlin Heir.9021

GW1 pvp was awesome because there was a goal to reach for, the hall of heroes, and holding it for as long as possible was a challenge. Are there any plans to bring back that particular game mode to GW2? Also are there any plans to add more features like relic run and deathmatch without cap points?

Leader of League of the Legendary [LOL]

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

HoH was my favorite PvP out of any game. I wish it would come back, but it won’t.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well, the heroes ascent game mode probably cannot make its way into guild wars 2.

but what about the actual golden shiny hall of heroes arena ?

perhaps a golden shiny hall of heroes map with 5 conquest objective nodes, allowing for a 5 v 5 v 5 conquest battle perhaps?

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I agree. Bring it back. Fighting for that chest at the end was great.

It was great to see “team ____ has won a battle in the hall of heroes.”

Replace the current 5v5 spvp with it. You can still join a team randomly but then if you win you move on to the next map. The further you get the better the rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

It was an awesome concept. Even just the concept of teams progressing to fight other teams who had also progressed whilst those who lost were kicked back to the lobby and had to begin from the start again was a good one. It created much more fun matches at the end of the scale against good teams due to the lesser teams having been eliminated previously in the tournament. The HoH matches themselves were almost always competitive for that reason, because the teams had proven themselves in order to get there to begin with. It was essentially a self-regulating matchmaking system which, by and large, worked well.

Even Random Arenas worked the same way. If you won with your random team, you would move on to the next match with your same team and the system tried to match you against teams who had a similar level of win streak, often causing fun matches as the best teams stayed together until they lost. I think winning 10 games in a row awarded a point towards a title track or something, if memory serves me correctly.

I think the concept of tournament-style progression would be an interesting idea to explore for a game mode anyway.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

(edited by Tiffany.8576)

in PvP

Posted by: Tavastia.6527

Tavastia.6527

Everything that was good about GW1 was not implemented in GW2 because fail-devs.