Bring balance to condition and power builds?

in PvP

Posted by: Targaryen.9536

Targaryen.9536

Hi im getting really sick of all these condition builds. its getting old.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Guardian: Power dps
Revenant: Power dps/decapper
Warrior: Power (over gold there’s only few condi users and power is better anyway)
Ranger: Power dps/support (in theory ranger is support but hit like a truck)
Engi: Power
Thief: Power (there’s some condi spammer but at high levels go power or go home)
Ele: Power support
Necro: Condition
Mesmer: Condition

I don’t know how is possible that players still think that condition is better than power if almost all the best builds are Power.

There’s a large amount of condition everywhere but if you look it’s not all condition Damage. The most common conditions are vulnerability, cripple and weakness and almost every class can inflict some of that conditions.
Other damaging conditions are side effects like the Burn on Power Guardians that inflict a really low damage.

There’s different condition users, expecially in mid/low tiers, and against teams with bad teamwork and bad composition you can feel they’re damage as really high. But at 75% what killed you during a team fight is Power and not Condition.

in PvP

Posted by: Omcrazy.4756

Omcrazy.4756

Honestly, I think its reasonably balanced. Power seems to be more prevalent at higher tiers because players know how to manage their condition cleansing with weapon swapping and a utility or two or trait or two depending on the class/build.

Mid tiers it seems to be going out of style as players get more effective at condi cleansing. But that means it can still be pretty effective as a surprise burst.

Low tiers it can be pretty effective but that’s often a l2p issue. When I first started I went a lot heavier condi cleanse because I couldn’t deal with necros or thieves or whatever. I wasn’t effectively swapping or using my other cleansing abilities. Now I’ve dropped the “converts all condi to boons” utility because I am better about cleansing different ways. It can still catch me if my abilities are down but that goes for anything.

If you find yourself getting wrecked by condi builds it might just mean you should make an adjustment to your build or think about your playstyle. I’ve found that most condi builds have a massive initial burst that if you time your cleanses right you completely negate and then they are SoL.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Quite the argument, keep it coming.

in PvP

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Agreed.

Any other game in the world understands that DoT should always be secondary to power burst in terms of DPS, conditions should always be secondary to power. It should never be the case that a build focused on conditions (DoT) outbursts a power build. And yet here we are…

in PvP

Posted by: Omcrazy.4756

Omcrazy.4756

Agreed.

Any other game in the world understands that DoT should always be secondary to power burst in terms of DPS, conditions should always be secondary to power. It should never be the case that a build focused on conditions (DoT) outbursts a power build. And yet here we are…

I don’t think most other pvp games have as much access to condition (dot or debuff) self-cleansing. Only way to make conditions even remotely playable is to make them shorter duration with how cleansing is in this game. Also, its only more bursty than power if you don’t manage your cleanses well. If you panic and blow all your cleanses right away then you leave yourself open to getting them all reapplied and you have nothing you can do about it.

Personally, I would like to see it where Condi are slower damage but maybe more debilitating and get rid of most (all?) passive condi cleanse. That leaves you with limited active cleansing abilities that you have to purposefully choose to bring with you. So condi are less bursty but also harder to cleanse.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

It wouldn’t matter if conditions dealt less damage over longer periods of time. So long as people die to condition damage, they will come here and complain about it, usually with 0 understanding of what they are even talking about.

These people don’t want condition damage to be balanced, they want to be able to ignore conditions altogether as some secondary damage source that merely “supplements” power damage.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

It wouldn’t matter if conditions dealt less damage over longer periods of time. So long as people die to condition damage, they will come here and complain about it, usually with 0 understanding of what they are even talking about.

These people don’t want condition damage to be balanced, they want to be able to ignore conditions altogether as some secondary damage source that merely “supplements” power damage.

i call it having a ‘WoW mentality’. it’s really boring to read. its just scrubs who want the game design to match other mmos, just so they can die less.

i think all damage is too high. i miss the times when 50k hp, knights amulet & things like that were actually frustrating to fight. i had a valk build (back when it was power, healing, toughness, & cirt dmg) for my warrior back when shouts were all the rage. that thing took so little dmg. could carry so hard. i miss pre trait revamp gameplay.

if there was a private server with that meta on it, with a community balance patch i would plya the heck out of it. come to think of it, a lot of games like supreme commander & DoW II are now balanced by their communities. & are in a much better way balance wise than they ever were when devs managed them. seriously a private server with only pvp, no other gammodes that’s balanced by a select group from community would be amazing.
tbh might be kinda great when this game is properly dead.
because i doubt anet is a chill as the guys from BDO & would allow a private server to stay up.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

The design is diffrent. Especially the pace. It`s faster.

Other games power propably kills in ten seconds and conditions in twenty.
Here you die on power in three and conditions in five …
I personally am only unhappy with confusion and think is should work diffrent (less damage) rest is mostly fine. Some skills seem a bit to much but that are tweaks.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

With a name like Targaryen you’re supposed to be burning everyone left and right not make wuss hypocritical whiny demands. Otherwise the only Targaryen you will just slightly resemble will be Deny’s brother. I mean the one that got his crown of gold …. Remember that ?

Don’t forget the long titles!

He is Targaryen the 9536th, destroyer of beasts, capper of points, the lord slayer of foefire, chain breaker of skritt, divine from tranq and flawless treb aim, will ring bells across the map and smite those who do not kneel with a hammer of justice.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Necro: Condition

The majority of necros you will encounter in the queue are running power.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

This is the best thing I’ve read all day lol

in PvP

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

i run condi to deal almost with “hit and runners”, specially condi thiev or mesms and burn guards.

on high ranks i return to power, simply cuz i get ganked. so its how on high level they deal with condi, gank the condi guy. on low levels this inst possible cuz the news playes lack coordination and build awareness.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

‘’Its one thing for Fireworks to come Green, but adding Blue AND Red is simply overpowered’’ on a Firework condition build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z-d9vGO52E

Agreed that in PvP you only get the nerfed down version of condition builds (I stopped PvPing since the PvP icon doesn’t show in WvW anymore… it was around S2 or 3). But I still laugh when people try to white knight condition builds in this game.

Anet response to us (WvW roamers) abusing condi builds back in the days was to simply ban firework since people got so mad about it <3 Eventually they limited the use of those runes/sigils in PvP along with Dire stats amulet (and now Trailblazer) since it was unbalanced…

Is condition builds too easy for the reward it gives? Anet puts a lot of limitation on those builds in PvP… Condition is easy mode and you don’t hear much hate in PvP since the folks here have the nerfed version of condition builds.

In WvW forums, we simply accept it for what it is nowadays (small scale roaming died by the neglect of Anet and only the blob mentality remains…). Sad panda is sad.