Broken Matchmaking System?

in PvP

Posted by: Edo Tensei.8254

Edo Tensei.8254

Arenanet can you tell me why i (rank 100-200 on Solo Queue Leaderboard) get matched with 4 Players which are Rank 600-800 on Solo Queue Leaderboard?

i prefer to wait 10 minutes longer or not to play over getting matched with Players which are very bad , so fix your broken Matchmaking System.

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

because there is none left playing the game, so you get matched up with the only few persons that keep playing this “pvp”. that’s not a matchmaking problem

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Edo Tensei.8254

UPDATED WITH THE 4. PLAYER

i just had a solo queue tpvp game where i did get matched with 4 people which are rank 1000+ in the solo leaderboard and i am currently rank 74.

the other people which got matched with me was —->
70% Morhith.2871 Entropía 38w 39l 49,35% Ödnis
82% Rivebise.2354 Ringo Brown 23w 9l 71,88% Fort Ranik
61% DiesIrae.9256 Cyklonit 44w 38l 53,66% Piken-Platz
69% bloody mary.2615 Queêzle 7w 6l 53,85% Millersund

and me is —->
r72 Edo Tensei.8254 Ultima Deus 370w 258l 58,92% Flussufer

seriously?

(edited by Edo Tensei.8254)

in PvP

Posted by: Flamfloz.6732

Flamfloz.6732

i just had a solo queue tpvp game where i did get matched with 3 people which are rank 1000+ in the solo leaderboard and the 4. is not in that leaderboard and i am currently rank 74.

the other people which got matched with me was —>
70% Morhith.2871 Entropía 38w 39l 49,35% Ödnis
82% Rivebise.2354 Ringo Brown 23w 9l 71,88% Fort Ranik
61% DiesIrae.9256 Cyklonit 44w 38l 53,66% Piken-Platz

and i am —>
r72 Edo Tensei.8254 Ultima Deus 370w 258l 58,92% Flussufer

seriously?

The game puts you with player of your skill level.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The OP is correct. This happens ALL THE TIME. The system puts you (even if your top 100) with people who are around 75% ranking. Then, because your rating drags up the rating of your team. You play with this team vs people of 95% rating (ALOT better on average).

Anet need to adapt the system to their game.

The game SHOULD NOT take into account average rating. It should take into account the median rating. This is because there is a 0% chance you can carry such a team when they will be so outclassed by the people they are against.

You can’t carry a whole team in gw2. The system should reflect this. Another reason people are quitting.

Take the example above. Say you are rank 100 and your team is on average rank 70% and you are vs a rank 95%-r1000 team.

Literally wherever you are not YOU WILL lose. Because your team will be way outclassed.

So there are 3 points on a map. Now you do the math. You win the point you are on. And lose the others. SO you get 2 capped all game. You cant be in more than 1 place at once.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Edo Tensei.8254

updated with the 4. player…..and surprise surprise all 4 players are rank 1000+ as i exspected when i saw ingame how they play.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Arenanet can you tell me why i (rank 100-200 on Solo Queue Leaderboard) get matched with 4 Players which are Rank 600-800 on Solo Queue Leaderboard?

i prefer to wait 10 minutes longer or not to play over getting matched with Players which are very bad , so fix your broken Matchmaking System.

This is how match making system works >>link<<>

You being matched like that is because of population issue. No system can fix or match up better if the player base isn’t there.

Your options are:

1. Don’t soloq
  2. Find friends with simliar rating to sync queue
  3. Queue during prime time when more people are playing
  4. Just play, have fun, ignore rating.
http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Edo Tensei.8254

This is how match making system works >>link<<

You being matched like that is because of population issue. No system can fix or match up better if the player base isn’t there.

Your options are:

1. Don’t soloq
  2. Find friends with simliar rating to sync queue
  3. Queue during prime time when more people are playing
  4. Just play, have fun, ignore rating.

i did queue at evening and the game just shouldnt pop , i prefer to wait 20 minutes longer over getting matches with people which are not in my rating. by the way i do ignore the ranks because i went down to rank 900 when i started to go afk because i get newbies like them in my team , then i did start carry those newbies again and get back up to rank 100 but i am tired of carrying the newbies and gz arenanet you did make all pvp players quit.

guess i will buy battlefield 4 then and maybe come back to gw2 when the pvp population increase by at least x3

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

mmr system logic :

Ok, he is high rated, let´s not match him with lower guys…

Ok, he is in q for 10 mins already, let´s give him a matchup, no matter what ranks.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

guess i will buy battlefield 4 then and maybe come back to gw2 when the pvp population increase by at least x3

When the population increase you still be stuck playing with people in the lower rating since alot of the people in the top 200 are just sitting on their position not playing many or any games.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Edo Tensei.8254

might be true , but then again why do the top 200 not play? lack of reward? bad matchmaking system and afraid to lose ranks because of it?

i mean there isnt a much better reward in team arena and people like more to play team arena. so it is probably the bad matchmaking system and people afraid to lose their rating and rank when they get some newbies in their group so broken matchmaking need to be fixed and people will be back and continue solo queue maybe.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

might be true , but then again why do the top 200 not play? lack of reward? bad matchmaking system and afraid to lose ranks because of it?

i mean there isnt a much better reward in team arena and people like more to play team arena. so it is probably the bad matchmaking system and people afraid to lose their rating and rank when they get some newbies in their group so broken matchmaking need to be fixed and people will be back and continue solo queue maybe.

I’ve been in the top 200 for a while and play regularly, but not constantly. I usually do something like 2-4 matches most evenings. Consider that a lot of the top solo queue players mostly do team queue and solo queue every once in a while.

In other words, it makes sense that it is somewhat rare to have 10 people from the top 200 all queueing at exactly the same time. It should only really happen during prime times.

Part of the problem is also leaderboard sitters who choose not to play so their rating will stay artificially high, and part of it is also 2nd/3rd accounts and lack of decay. But a lot of this is completely natural.