Posted by: Eviscera.9703

Eviscera.9703

nerf wari and pu mes

Denk u bb.

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: Nomin.5901

Nomin.5901

Honestly as the meta is evolving from the Dec.10th patch elementalist has found its place in Tpvp and that is heavy AoE burst, and they are the best at it. They can change a team-fight completely, more so than a warrior (Not counting banner res, which is a whole different topic) With 5k meteor shower and a 3k lava font ticking at everyone’s feet.

As for PU Mesmer, this build is perfectly balanced around the point-capture game type, with their survivability around stealth and invulnerability they can’t cap anything and are therefore not providing anything to their team. (And keep in mind that this game is balanced around team fights and point capture)

Lastly, Warrior, this class can use some MINOR tweaking, but not as much as people say. Healing signet needs to scale better with healing power to allow bunk specs to be effective, but not give a full zerker spec 400 regen. Berserkser stance needs to be reduced by one or two seconds and endure pain needs to be less prevalent.

I understand that you may be frustrated with balance in SoloQ and 1v1s, but for organized Tpvp the game is pretty balanced and every class has a role, with weaknesses and strengths. There will always be hard counters and that’s something that people need to remember “Your class should not be able to 1v1 everything, and you SHOULD die, this does not make the game un-balanced”

On a side note, the only real broken class is Minionmancer Necro, this spec does have counters but the sheer amount of AI and clutter makes it bad for the game as a whole.

Carmen

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

And I approve this message

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

With 5k meteor shower and a 3k lava font ticking at everyone’s feet.

1) Focus the Ele, they will die in 1 second. Sometimes 0.5 seconds.
2) Alternatively you can assign someone on your team to simply camp the Ele as a free kill, Thieves are especially good but any class/build can destroy a Staff Ele 1v1. I’m not kidding.
3) If you somehow didn’t do the above 2 things, don’t stand in Meteor Showers and Lava Fonts. You only need 1 person on the point to hold cap and Meteor lasts 7 seconds, do the math.

Sigh, people getting funny ideas that Ele’s became viable in SPvP after Dec 10…nothing has changed. If anything, some builds got nerfed.

WvW zergs, that’s where a Staff Ele can accomplish something.

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: Goids.5096

Goids.5096

Staff ele squishy is working well against bad players who run into your static, can’t dodge and do not focus the back line…which is the case in 90% of random matches (good fun). If your opponents have a little bit of skill and awareness…well, your ele has to be really lucky to pull something off.

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: Morderger.6298

Morderger.6298

I agree, Ele needs some loving. I play a zerker staff Ele in tpvp and do alright, but like the others said, any competent team will put someone on the Ele and null anything he can do. It takes very good timing and positioning to pull off a game changing aoe of death.

Dps Staff cannot 1v1 vs any good player of any other class, which is very sad and frustrating. Any mesmer will kitten you up and any thief that pops lyssa runes will do the same in 2 seconds.

The Problem is now that most dps classes have a insta teleport burst skill + stability + stealth on such low cooldowns, where the Elementalists defense is on 40+second cooldowns.

Bunker builds can do alright and can take down zerker builds, but you will never beat another bunker or keep a point capped. Mist form will lose cap, Focus Obsidian Flesh will lose cap, and basic kiting and trying to setup your combos with enough distance between you and your target to get the end of the animation to land will most likely lose cap also.

Secpter + X is nice burst every 40+ seconds also for a 1 trick pony. Where any other class can do the same burst every 2 to 10 seconds. Aka Backstab thief, Mesmer Shatter, PU mesmer is kitten also, Warrior 100b or longbow or axe, or hammer still. Necro Power build and Condi, Engis nade/bombs, or condi build. Guardian dps buffs are quite kitten also. grrrr Sorry ranting now. Anyway any other dps build will last 100% longer then a Dps ele and there is something wrong with that.

Anet kittened the Elemenatlist and gave everyone else what we had and still expected us to still be on par. Nerf everyone else to Elementalist Hp and armor. and see where we go

Morderger – Elementalist / Zarnik – Warrior /Zerlurd – Ranger/ Slurd -Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/morderger

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Well to be fair ele was the fotm for several months. I remember running into some guilds in wvw that would run 15+ dd ele’s. Maybe they did get nerfed a bit hard cus they were so strong I don’t know cus I don’t play one. However I do run into both really bad easy kill ele’s and really strong ele’s. They probably could use some buffs but it just seems like a class that is harder to be really strong with rather than say a faceroll hambow warrior easy mode.

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Well to be fair ele was the fotm for several months. I remember running into some guilds in wvw that would run 15+ dd ele’s. Maybe they did get nerfed a bit hard cus they were so strong I don’t know cus I don’t play one. However I do run into both really bad easy kill ele’s and really strong ele’s. They probably could use some buffs but it just seems like a class that is harder to be really strong with rather than say a faceroll hambow warrior easy mode.

WvW ele is perfectly valuable and vital for guild groups, but if we are talking about sPvP – ele is pretty weak now.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Buff ele

in PvP

Morderger.6298

I haven’t done wvwvw in about 6 months, but from what others say from it. It seems Ele is nothing more then a combo field/ CC bot for other dps classes. The problem with staff dps is wvwvw is that you cannot choose which 5 people get hit by your big aoe spells or if it will be the same 5 people on the next attack. If you go zerker staff in wvwvw you are probably just a rally bot for the other team as well.

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Am I in the wrong forum? I thought this was the pvp section.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

Buff ele

in PvP

Morderger.6298

Probably but its clear that Anet doesn’t read the Ele forums, except grouch, but I dont expect him to do much for us.

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

Only a zerker ele will dish out those numbers and anyone, and I mean anyone even a bunker will chase or kill him. I played as one in hotjoins and even there a thief or someone else will quickly ID me and give me a new @$$hole. And don’t say cantrips cuz they’re virtually useless and only prolong a certain death except MAYBE lightning flash.

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

i want more condition damage when i attune to fire and earth using my scepter. anet needs to fix my dragon’s tooth. it’s too easy to evade that skill.

ps.. diamond skin is a joke same as sic em on my ranger.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

I remember when elementalist actually had a class mechanic.

Now it has all the utility of two weapons spread over four slots.

F1 for ele is just a weapon swap button that you have to trait.

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

I do well on my ele in tpvp perhaps it is a lrn2play issue.

#cleric user 420 BURST HEALING EA X healing ripple X ER X cleansing wave

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

buff ele nerf wari and pu mes

Denk u bb.

You’ll never get anywhere without concrete suggestions.

Buff ele

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

You’ll never get anywhere without concrete suggestions.

From all evidence, you’ll get as far as you do with concrete suggestions, but for far less effort.