[Bug] Taunt with resistance

in PvP

Posted by: Hubris.7436

Hubris.7436

So, as far as I can tell taunt is treated like a condition in the same way fear is. It is a cc, but you can’t apply it through skills that prevent conditions from being applied, such as berserker stance. While that may or may not be intentional, I’m sure the way taunt interacts with resistance is not.

What I’ve found is that resistance allows you to ignore taunt in that you aren’t forced to attack the source of taunt and and you can also move around and use skills as you wish. Unfortunately, the only thing you are actually able to target is the source of the taunt. This means you are unable to actually use any skills that require you to target your opponent. The even bigger problem with this is that it continues to stay that way even after taunt has ended. You pretty much have to get out of combat with whatever taunted you in order to get your U.I. back. You are all of course welcome to test this out yourselves, I already have done so to confirm it.

Since resistance is rarely used right now, this isn’t actually huge issue. However, it is pretty game breaking in my opinion. Please fix this at your earliest convenience.

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Taunt has been bugged since the previous beta. I’ve had to log-out to reset my UI so I could target properly.

in PvP

Posted by: Hubris.7436

Hubris.7436

Yep, which means it is long overdue for fixing. I just hope bringing it up will keep it on Anet’s radar for things to be taken care of

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Sent in a bug report a while ago, this was taken after a respawn.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Taunt has still been going through invulns too :/ It’s really messed up right now.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Taunt has still been going through invulns too :/ It’s really messed up right now.

Taunt doesn’t go through invuls…It goes through blocks and evades. Not invuls. Check your facts first before making such baseless assumptions.

in PvP

Ario.8964

It’s called a bug you vegetable :P
Seriosuly though, it has gone through my thief’s mist form 4 times and my engineer’s elixir s 6 times just today. The bug needs to be fixed because it’s still happening.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Lettuce.2945

It’s called a bug you vegetable :P
Seriosuly though, it has gone through my thief’s mist form 4 times and my engineer’s elixir s 6 times just today. The bug needs to be fixed because it’s still happening.

It doesn’t go through mist or elix S….

in PvP

Ario.8964

Did it to me earlier, either that or it got applied right as I went in and it didn’t get removed but that’s just what I saw so I’m leaving that info here.

in PvP

Lettuce.2945

Did it to me earlier, either that or it got applied right as I went in and it didn’t get removed but that’s just what I saw so I’m leaving that info here.

Trust me. As someone who’s been dueling with ranger the past couple of weeks every day…It doesn’t go through invuls. It goes through dodge, blocks, and evade skills like mesmer blur or pistol whip. And taunt is treated as a condition. That’s basically all you need to know about taunt right now. Invuls are still fine. Doesn’t work on mist, elix S, obs flesh, distortion, etc…