in PvP

Posted by: Sthenastia.3642

Sthenastia.3642

(edited by Sthenastia.3642)

Bug in Tournament (screens)

in PvP

Posted by: ChSch.1596

ChSch.1596

You can climp in one of the bases at the new exit on this map.

https://youtu.be/Y18jrJLs4Ho?t=40

(edited by ChSch.1596)

in PvP

Posted by: Karnyvor.5482

Karnyvor.5482

This is only one of a few game killing exploits in sPvP right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

We’ve tried to fix this via map art changes a few times, but people seem to just find another way in. I’m just going to add kill planes to the bases on Kyhlo.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

We’ve tried to fix this via map art changes a few times, but people seem to just find another way in. I’m just going to add kill planes to the bases on Kyhlo.

Can you also make players in spawn invulnerable? There have been problems with certain classes using ranged AoE on the spawn at start to put people in combat so that they can’t change builds or worse get them stuck with a half-selected build.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

We actually talked about that today. I’m always hesitant to put invuln buffs in, on the off chance that people will find a glitch that lets them keep it during the match.

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I always wondered why we never had Legendary base defenders like pvp did in GW1. Instant 1-shot if you got within range. Something like that would be nice, if feasible.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Madara.7435

Madara.7435

thats what I instantly thought, when I saw that video and the Archers/Soldiers in the Base just standing around.. just make them oneshot every enemy thats inside the spawn, should be better than giving people invuln buffs

———
Madara

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Seeing those people not just ignore the person in the base and go play a free 4v5, triggered me a little bit Q_Q

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

I’m not a PvP’er so please forgive my attempt to describe this in layman’s terms:

This is also possible on the map that has the big laser thingie. On the blue side for sure, not positive about the red side. I’ve seen enemy inside the spawn area.

Edit: I can’t see the OP’s pictures but the rest of the thread mentions Kyhlo so I’m assuming those pictures don’t reference the same map I mentioned.

(edited by Brigand.9502)

in PvP

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Lol, cookie my boiii withh them exploitz, I like the Idea about the archers oneshotting everything though

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Lol, cookie my boiii withh them exploitz, I like the Idea about the archers oneshotting everything though

We have had not one but two solutions to this in in WvW. First, the guards did instakill everyone coming near spawn. That was removed however (dont ask us why, no one knows, same thing with Siegerazer). Then, a system that simply teleport enemies out of spawn was added. And thats on top of players being invoulnerable.

So yeah. We have the solution in WvW, much like how sPvP have the class balance changes WvW desperately needs.

Guess the WvW and sPvP team dont talk which each other.

Or that the sPvP team cant even find the WvW team.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

We actually talked about that today. I’m always hesitant to put invuln buffs in, on the off chance that people will find a glitch that lets them keep it during the match.

Out of curiosity, how confident are you/anet as a whole with whatever code changes all skills to “locked” temporarily? Or bundles? I don’t know what kind of challenges would be involved here, but I feel like it would be a much simpler, more fair thing if you just applied that to any player who reaches an enemy team’s spawn area. If that gets stuck on someone, as long as there’s fallback code to undo it on death I feel like it would cause much fewer problems than perma-invulnerability.

You can also just pulse 1s invulnerability to the spawn if that doesn’t strain the server; I actually feel like 3s would be better, and would be a small relief to the occasional spawn-camping problem.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I always wondered why we never had Legendary base defenders like pvp did in GW1. Instant 1-shot if you got within range. Something like that would be nice, if feasible.

We cant do that, that would solve the problem. We need invulnerability and all the potential bugs that come with it. Jeez this guy trying to come up with ideas that actually fixes stuff, unreal. ( sarcasm, plz children)