[Bugfix] Teleport through ToF & Dragons Maw

in PvP

Posted by: Fhynix.2105

Fhynix.2105

It seems that gameplay-wise some teleport/shadowstep-skills are handled as extreme fast movements from location A to location B. I can’t truly tell which skills are affected, but the following 3 teleports are definitively:
- Infiltrators Arrow
- Steal
- Shadowstep & Shadow return

So far, everything is fine, BUT:
This movement triggers the effects of the DHs traps Test of Faith and Dragons Maw, plus the Longbow 5, Hunter’s Ward.

This seems illogical and unnecessary, as the character teleports and should not touch the borders. Especially the thief suffers from less counterplay possibilities (against his hard counter… make it even easier!), as a Shadow Step out of or even right through a Test of Faith means certain death. I’m not sure how other teleporting classes are affected (Mesmers).

The same effect goes for Hunter’s Ward & Dragons Maw: Teleporting out of these results in a knockback at the target location.

I don’t see any reason for this behaviour to be kept ingame. Fix plz? .

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

1+ supported

I don’t see a reason why ToF and skills of the such should still take effect when you port out of it or into it. It happens with Ele’s staff static circle too.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

It seems that gameplay-wise some teleport/shadowstep-skills are handled as extreme fast movements from location A to location B. I can’t truly tell which skills are affected, but the following 3 teleports are definitively:
- Infiltrators Arrow
- Steal
- Shadowstep & Shadow return

So far, everything is fine, BUT:
This movement triggers the effects of the DHs traps Test of Faith and Dragons Maw, plus the Longbow 5, Hunter’s Ward.

This seems illogical and unnecessary, as the character teleports and should not touch the borders. Especially the thief suffers from less counterplay possibilities (against his hard counter… make it even easier!), as a Shadow Step out of or even right through a Test of Faith means certain death. I’m not sure how other teleporting classes are affected (Mesmers).

The same effect goes for Hunter’s Ward & Dragons Maw: Teleporting out of these results in a knockback at the target location.

I don’t see any reason for this behaviour to be kept ingame. Fix plz? .

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadowstep_
“Shadowstepping is a mechanic that allows the user to move instantly from one place to another. Shadowstep skills and traits are mostly unique to the thief, although some skills such as Blink function similarly. Shadowstepping allows the player to move vertically as long the position can be reached normally by moving on the ground without jumping. Shadowstep skills will not activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found, except when it acts as a stun breaker. Shadowstepping will also ignore immobilize effects and relocate the player, but will not cancel the condition. "

because you are in fact moving trough the trap
teleport is teleport, not needed a valid path to go

in PvP

Posted by: Fhynix.2105

Fhynix.2105

So I was right – it’s a fast movement game-wise. Looks like it only affects shadowsteps then.

Still, I regard this as a bug.
Idea for fix without a rehaul of the whole system:
Grant invul or stabi for some microseconds on port, in a way that it cannot be abused by the player actively, but still prevents those effects from triggering. I’d LOVE to see this soon…

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

This is the same as Blink for Mesmers.

It has been this way since launch.

For mechanical reasons, it will not change.

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

While I fully support this change I don’t think it’s actually classified as a bug.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Quite alarming, did they change Shadowstep category into Physical instead of Deception w/o prior notice since daredevil is mandatory now?

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.