Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

…and good riddance to bad rubbish!

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

“Good riddance”

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Derm.4932

Derm.4932

thank god

i’d rather have a berserker meta. at least that takes some amount of skill. current meta turns skill clickers into pro

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

A lot of us misunderstood what bunker exactly means. If one can bunk a point against 2 or more opponent singlehandedly in a minute timeframe, you know that there is something wrong. but some of us take that as a skill (will never achieve this current state of pvp w/o them).

In this upcoming changes, i want to see the fruit they loomed that bunking a point required 2 or more of your allies against invader, some called it Fortifying a point. dem wuvwuv people

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

thank god

i’d rather have a berserker meta. at least that takes some amount of skill. current meta turns skill clickers into pro

What ? Berserker meta need skill ? Mesmer,Thief stealth instagib really need skill lol

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

thank god

I’m sorry, but you’re dreaming if you think the next one will be a zerker meta. With all the condi and boon corrupt buffs, expect each team to be running multiple necros

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

thank god

I’m sorry, but you’re dreaming if you think the next one will be a zerker meta. With all the condi and boon corrupt buffs, expect each team to be running multiple necros

Agree.

I fear there will be more than one necro per party… sigh…

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

thank god

Agree.

2 Necros + 1 scrapper + 1 ele or bunker dh or druid + 1 thief

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Sadrien.3470

thank god

What ? Berserker meta need skill ? Mesmer,Thief stealth instagib really need skill lol

Mesmer takes a lot of skill, but I’m sure you won’t understand that.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

Well, one of the old meta zerk was S/D. Not a stealth abuser like D/P.

And was the most cool to watch at ( i think an easier challenge to mesmers than D/P ).

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Sadrien.3470

Well, one of the old meta zerk was S/D. Not a stealth abuser like D/P.

And was the most cool to watch at ( i think an easier challenge to mesmers than D/P ).

Both hard countered mesmers, so it really didn’t matter.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

then is not a “stealth” issue the cause of losing for mesmers.

a game without stealth tbh would be better.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

thank god

Agree.

2 Necros + 1 scrapper + 1 ele or bunker dh or druid + 1 thief

This is about what i think too. But i am not shure if ele can make it in after the changes. Druid might outperform this slot.

2 Reaper + 1 Scrapper + 1 Druid + 1 Daredevil.

rest might underperfoms this and burn in the top tier meta. Diversity still seems non existent diamonds and up. To break this you now need another class out of the above that hardcounter the reapers …. Who is it ?

ele is smashed by the reapers now.
Mesmer ? I guess no way. And the thief in the party will instagibb him.
Revenant? LoL necro will eat him.
Warrior? I guess best bet with burst and CC combination. But scrapper and Druid destroyes him.

The above team has high firepower, teamfighters in it and a thief to counter glass cannons and go for fast downs. The scrapper and druid can even bunker a bit.

Maybe more is possible but the fast imression brings it down to a very small setup.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

I don’t like ‘diversity’ is the goal…

I think Anet finally conceded that they aren’t capable of balancing the game. Especially not across 3 game modes.

So, the new plan is every 3~ months they’ll-

Nerf w/e was Meta
Beef w/e saw the least action
Throw in a few curveballs
Stir it all up in a cauldron while cackling maniacally
Send out Frankenstein’s update to greet the players (and hope there isn’t any fire)

Everyone’s profession will see some daylight (eventually) and will keep things fresh (they hope).

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

I don’t like ‘diversity’ is the goal…

I think Anet finally conceded that they aren’t capable of balancing the game. Especially not across 3 game modes.

So, the new plan is every 3~ months they’ll-

Nerf w/e was Meta
Beef w/e saw the least action
Throw in a few curveballs
Stir it all up in a cauldron while cackling maniacally
Send out Frankenstein’s update to greet the players (and hope there isn’t any fire)

Everyone’s profession will see some daylight (eventually) and will keep things fresh (they hope).

While not angering too many people at once… (that too they hope)

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

it seems to me like all others mmo, moba, class games, etc etc…

5 spot into meta and 9 classes.
there will be 3/5 classes into meta, the others will be out of it.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Onisuo.8607

Onisuo.8607

Without bunker meta or better core defenses for all classes you are basically going to be playing Call of Duty. First jumper gets the kill. Time to kill will be a global or two and class/builds that can do the most burst will be top of the food-chain.

Pvp participation is at an all time low, and any new player wanting to give structured pvp a run may not like getting insta-gib over and over again, finishing a map with no kills, no fun and a bag with a market value of 1.5 silver.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Pvp participation is at an all time low,

back up your statement with hard numbers or dont say it

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Onisuo.8607

Onisuo.8607

Just my observation as a frequent Spvper since December 2012.Don’t have to take my word for it, everything you read on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Just my observation as a frequent Spvper since December 2012.Don’t have to take my word for it, everything you read on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt.

Been PvPing just as long and I’ve observed the opposite. The FtP change for the base game brought in a lot of people and after HoT the population has stayed pretty high. Leagues seem to have also made a big impact, despite all their faults. The only dropoff I’ve seen is some players who are happy with the rank they’re at deciding not to PvP anymore until the next season.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ideally balance would see most classes somewhere in between bunker & zerk with outliers a little bit further toward one or another then others depending on build & class.

Going too far in either direction however just creates all kinds of problems with people either never dying or insta gibbing others.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

it seems to me like all others mmo, moba, class games, etc etc…

5 spot into meta and 9 classes.
there will be 3/5 classes into meta, the others will be out of it.

It’s probably even worse than that since we do not even have 5 roles in the game to fill the 5 players in. So it’s likely the meta teams will use duplicate classes reducing the number of meta classes to 3 at worse I’d say but more likely 4 on average.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

as i said, “there will be 3/5 classes into meta”.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

thank god

Agree.

I doubt it. The natural response would be to take one thief and one mesmer, and just instagib one necro after the other: they are not mobile enough, and too easily focused.

I believe necro could become meta, but just one per team. Like thief.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I also belive reaper will be meta. And we will see two on some teams. But to much can become a boomerang. But the necros might devastate other classes and throw them out of meta like ele that gets shafted loosing celestial.

Bunker Meta R.I.P

in PvP

Posted by: EPYON.2731

EPYON.2731

I guess S2 will becomes another hell. Anet must make new achievement Incentives let players to get legend back. Matching system is Frustrating now.