Bunker Meta so boring!

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

This new meta is so Crap! everyone is using bunker build that full heal from nothing, stun lock you to death, remove all conditions every time you place them or a combinations of all of those take no skill is not fun to fight and is boring as hell!

such a fun meta we have here fight against brick walls!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

make up your mind, pretty sure there is also a condi meta as well :o which meta is it ?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

grayskull.2367

Its differently a Bunker meta condi is splashed in to but most condi build cant do kitten against these tanky auto cleanse build

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

grayskull.2367

Its so boring you go on point trying to damage a player full heal, cleanse, stun, stun, heal, cleanse, what fun much skill such wow!

Do people enjoy this tedious gameplay really is so boring?

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Luci.7018

Luci.7018

Its so boring you go on point trying to damage a player full heal, cleanse, stun, stun, heal, cleanse, what fun much skill such wow!

Good !
I hope most ppl will use them , rather than asking for nerfs in damage !
The community willl sort it out , rather than the Devs messing around !

On break

(edited by Luci.7018)

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Good !
I hope most ppl will use them , rather than asking for nerfs in damage !
The community willl sort it out , rather than the Devs messing around !

You do realize the bunker meta is a direct result of damage being too much, right? Because now we have to pack more and more sustain just to not get rekt. Thief is to blame for most of it because it preys on squishies too well.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

grayskull.2367

So you would rather have a fight Vs a brick wall who shrugs of all damage and condi, than a interactive fun fast placed bersk meta what fun!

Bunker meta is cancer, has everyone forgot just how unfun the buncker ele meta was now we have it 10x worse as most classes are doing the same lame kitten!

(edited by grayskull.2367)

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

As a outsider looking in. Bunker META and Burst/Condi META are equally not fun to play against or as. However because of the state of condis and thief as two contributing factors. You are forced to go bunker or get bursted down like non other.

So naturally since ANet didn’t nerf last META that was clearly over performing not only in PvP but much worst in small scale WvW as well.

Think about it for a minute. People want to be able to play and not keep running from spawn because of burst META. While you want to just burst them down to deny them a fight. Nether side will ever be equally pleased.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

grayskull.2367

Yes but this Bunker meta is mind numbly boring have fun its like trying to bunch a brick wall total crap. no fun to be had anymore im pretty much done with this stale PVP not wasting my time with the cancer Bunker meta!

So many people have left top tier PVP because there sick of this boring stale Bunker crap! a capture the flag game should not be mostly bunker based players, yes some bunker class but not every dam class playing bunkers.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Yes but this Bunker meta is mind numbly boring have fun its like trying to bunch a brick wall total crap. no fun to be had anymore im pretty much done with this stale PVP not wasting my time with the cancer Bunker meta!

So many people have left top tier PVP because there sick of this boring stale Bunker crap! a capture the flag game should not be mostly bunker based players, yes some bunker class but not every dam class playing bunkers.

Lol so what? You are angery that people have found out a way to not get ganked by you? Thus forcing a fight from you? You are mad that people have some counter play against you now?

Honestly I don’t know what to say to you. I mean, think about what you are crying over?

-Fights
-Counterplay in a minimal form
-Less effortless ganks.

But at least I admit it!

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I’m sure we’ll have some issue with the burst meta again when it comes about. The glassier the meta becomes the skill level required to survive Thief increases and we’ll get “I just got 1-shot screw game” type of threads again.

Had a game with mirror Rev, Engi, Ele, DH, Druid and we had to break off after 2 minutes of doing jack to each other and we won only because of outrotation (and the enemy Ele positioning badly).

I was actually fairly nervous before the game started because if enemy DH had the presence of mind to go Necro the outcome could be very different in those 2 minutes.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

grayskull.2367

Lol so what? You are angery that people have found out a way to not get ganked by you? Thus forcing a fight from you? You are mad that people have some counter play against you now?

Honestly I don’t know what to say to you. I mean, think about what you are crying over?

-Fights
-Counterplay in a minimal form
-Less effortless ganks.

No what im complain about is this kitten Bunker style where you sit on point do nothing but heal and cure all condi as the other player attack bonce of you doing nothing! so much fun, you got mad skill bro, truly you are the chosen one show me your ways oh master of the Bunker.

there is no counter play to a bunker meta you ever out number them of sit there doing nothing all game, and good job out numbering a bunker player when there entire team is made up of bunker players.

Less effortless ganks you say Lmfao! appose to Bunker build such skilled based builds You need so much talent to let all your passive blocks do all the work and spam heal and condi cleanse to the cow come home. please enlighten me on just how much skill is need to play in this meta, i give you a clue its none.

you say there is no problem with this meta you are delusional.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Ralkuth.1456

No what im complain about is this kitten Bunker style where you sit on point do nothing but heal and cure all condi as the other player attack bonce of you doing nothing! so much fun, you got mad skill bro, truly you are the chosen one show me your ways oh master of the Bunker.

The real question is why are you 1v1ing a bunker?

Bonus points if you are fighting him on his node.

5 useless class titles

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

grayskull.2367

The real question is why are you 1v1ing a bunker?

Bonus points if you are fighting him on his node.

And what d you do when there entire kittening team are bunker? at some point you will be for to 1v1 a bunker or 2 v 2 bunkers great fun to had there, you have no chose when everyone and there dog are so talented that they can run bunkers.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Ralkuth.1456

Then the only solution is to try and outrotate them until you don’t have an Ele to worry about.

If you can make it so that the Ele isn’t in a teamfight, isn’t being outnumbered, or isn’t on a point he owns, you’re at least preventing the Ele from being 100% useful (although depending on your class you’re not being contributive either). In that case the match will still be out of your hands.

Or bring a Necro.

5 useless class titles

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

We are not in bunker meta atm o.o We have few bruisers (scrapper, war, druid, guard, rev to extend), rest are condi or power without extremel surival tools + ele as support. Not to mention we have two classes that have great impact on match outcome as roamers -
roamers would be obsolete in true bunker meta.
Bunker meta is something completely different. S1 was bunker meta.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

We are not in bunker meta atm o.o We have few bruisers (scrapper, war, druid, guard, rev to extend), rest are condi or power without extremel surival tools + ele as support. Not to mention we have two classes that have great impact on match outcome as roamers -
roamers would be obsolete in true bunker meta.
Bunker meta is something completely different. S1 was bunker meta.

That bunker Chrono mess. Lol, I remember that.

But at least I admit it!

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

grayskull.2367

This is total kitten just because the bunker can put out good damage dose not, not make this a Bunker meta!

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Lol, wut, come again?

But at least I admit it!

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

grayskull.2367

A bunker can still do great damage that is why this game is so unbalance the bunker in this game do stupid amount of damage!
You should be ever a bunker or damage deal not both this game balance is kittening broken!

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Ralkuth.1456

Which bruiser are you having trouble against?

Rev, DH, Druid, Scrapper, Zerker?

5 useless class titles

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

was fighting a ele the other day, he literally doesn’t drop below 100% health. I’m using condis as a necro. I can get in a lucky melee hit and he takes some dmg, and apply about 5 condis, but then he cleanses them all before they tick once, and he’s back at 100% health. But. He can still stunlock me and press 2 buttons to deal 20k dmg. This is absolutely horrible balancing. What the kitten is anet thinking?? NO class should be immune to an entire damage type. I don’t care that he has to use all his sigil slots and and about 2 traits to do that, it’s just not fair to not be able to deal ANY DAMAGE AT ALL while he can still kill me in three seconds.
I’m quitting this game until this bullkitten is fixed. Being immune to half the world’s damage and still being able to kill everyone who plays the game is just dumb.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Ele isn’t so immortal as you think..
If you don’t want to return can I have your gold?

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

was fighting a ele the other day, he literally doesn’t drop below 100% health. I’m using condis as a necro. I can get in a lucky melee hit and he takes some dmg, and apply about 5 condis, but then he cleanses them all before they tick once, and he’s back at 100% health. But. He can still stunlock me and press 2 buttons to deal 20k dmg. This is absolutely horrible balancing. What the kitten is anet thinking?? NO class should be immune to an entire damage type. I don’t care that he has to use all his sigil slots and and about 2 traits to do that, it’s just not fair to not be able to deal ANY DAMAGE AT ALL while he can still kill me in three seconds.
I’m quitting this game until this bullkitten is fixed. Being immune to half the world’s damage and still being able to kill everyone who plays the game is just dumb.

I soloed 2 eles on core thief yesterday while playing NA (so high ping included). Eles are not immortal and they also die under pressure pretty fast like any other class.
I don’t see ele doing 20k dmg unless he runs full zerker (meaning he has 11k HP), in this case you should have easily killed him. That so called immunity is very situational and even as necro you can easily overcome it.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

grayskull.2367

the balance in this game is total Dog kitten and you wonder why its dead!

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Ralkuth.1456

You have to deal with Diamond Skin first. It will be a bit more difficult for condi Necro to get past the first 25% health though. The lazy way is to put down Plaguelands/Corrosive Poison Cloud (ez cover condi for the 1s CD of Diamond Skin), scepter spam to #3 chain then Corrupt Boon + Shroud 2. Carrion ammy, Intelligence sigil + Staff marks can also take away some of the health, just watch the protection. You shouldn’t be 1v1ing anyway.

Daze or Fear his Water/Air overloads, corrupt his Earth overload. Just kite and spam your Scepter if he’s trying to do Fire.

You don’t even need to be able to 1v1 the Ele, all you need to do is to force his overloads and interrupt them, force his Magnetic Aura and Obsidian Flesh in a teamfight earlier than he’s comfortable with. Suddenly he’s very focus-able, and he’s going to go down.

5 useless class titles

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

these “bunkers” have no toughness. they rely solely on cleanses and cds.
soooooo…….

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

The way PvP is right now, there’s too much skill spam and random damage. So what do you expect? I play an Elementalist. If I don’t have some way to remove the excessive amount of conditions coming from everywhere, I’ll die in 2 seconds.

So use less conditions and I’ll use less condition cleanse. Deal?

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Wow! I play ele! You gotta get me the name of this absolute GOD of PvP so I can learn all their secrets!

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

if one type of build is clearly preferred over the others, it is normally an indicator that it is too powerfull compared to the others ^^

personally i’ve never been fund of the “bruiser” builds which have always been the most powerfull in gw2, would like to see the TTK getting rebalanced so that DPS builds will kill Bruiser builds as fast as bruiser builds kill them (same with all other builds, meeting each other the kill time should be equal for both parties when optimally played.)

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Looks like another bunker meta huh? Seems I am going to have to dust off my Bunker Busting build again…sweeeeeeet.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

So last patch many meta builds where quite nerfed (in sustain too)….

Nothing changed in meta since season 2 – same meta builds + warriors in season 3 started to be viable…ok new sigils that don’t change anything that much

SO MY QUESTION HERE IS ARE PEOPLE HERE ON DRUGS?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

make up your mind, pretty sure there is also a condi meta as well :o which meta is it ?

All of them. Powercreep does that.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

yes we do!

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

See how removing bunker amulets won’t stop a bunker meta from happening. It’s a combination of skills/traits/amulets/sigils balance.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t mind having a bit of bunker in the game. I’m not a fan of ‘First to Burst’ or ‘Explode on Contact’ type metas where you die if anything so much a breathes on you. Obviously some people find that fun to play and to watch, but not me personally. I think to make things interesting (and not completely one sided) you need the rock paper scissors mix to keep things interesting and fun. Unfortunately, we still aren’t there yet. We keep swinging too far one way.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Bunker meta? Seriously? O.o
The only bunker is the ele and I can kill any ele easy (maybe because I’m a necro) and the only other class able to play as a bunker is the ranger. That two classes can spam heals and condi clean (or have strong condi clean skills/traits) and have mobility, that all make them bunker. But if compared to the Old Bunker meta (the real one) they’re really squishy.

back in the bunker meta an ele was totally unkillable, the damage was low and to kill one you needed to be in 3 or 4 and make a serious focus, while the enemy ele don’t even needed to use the Focus to obtain a Immunity skill or stability, only spam heals, boons and run in circle, nothing more. Totally unkillable.
Then there was the Chronomanster bunker meta, where any mesmer was even harder to kill (and to catch) than an ele! And the Warrior Banner Bunker meta with tons of stuns and blocks and infinite regen with tons of condi clean?

You don’t know what Bunker meta means. You seriously don’t know.
In the real bunker meta a single ele/engi/war/ranger/mesmer using Celestial and Bunker amulets was able to fight against 3+ players and hold the point for Minutes (expecially ele).

Not a focus can take down any player that don’t play wisely.
The damage is high enough to make statistics and boon spam meain more or less nothing. Today you don’t survive spamming Protection and Regeneration, you survive using Defensive skills like Block, Immunity, Resistance and Movement skills at the right time, wisely. if you waste your skills or find caucht with defences in CD there’s more or less nothing you can do to protect yourslef from a burst and die in 3 seconds.

ANet devs “made the Powercreep” to STOP the Bunker Meta and they really did good. If they reduce the damage output of the classes you’ll see this game fall back into a pure bunker meta, without any chance to turn back.

You want a game more fast and more like “who hit first win” but there’s still different Burst builds out there, much more than Bunkers. If you don’t pay attention you’re killed in few seconds (I play necro and I can tell you how high is the risk of go around with bad defensive skills XD).
Then the main defensive skills in this game last for few seconds and then the enemy is totally vulnerable. The defensive skills that last longer are the Ranger Signet that protect you from direct damage for 6 seconds, the warrior Berserker Stance that grant you 9 sec of Resistance and the Guardian F3 that Block for up to 5 seconds. The otehr ckills last for 2-3 seconds, nothing more, and when the skill end the enemy is totally vulnerable to your damage as it was before. There’s also ways to counter that defensive skills. Invulnerable to direct damage? Hit with condi! Resistance? Corrupt or use Power damage! Block? There’s different Unblockable skills for every class (or just hit the DH from the side or the back). invulnerable? That last for few seconds and the enemy can’t use any skill while invulnerable (unless for the Evade Fx of the mesmer).

I see only 2 classes able to be “bunkers”, all the other classes are DPS class with defensive skills that you can elude in some ways. if they go out of CD you can kill them easy and fast.

Use your defensive skills wisely (block, movement, invul, resistance…) and chose the best moment to unleash your burst on the enemy, you will have not a single problem to kill him.
Theres classes better to fight other classes and classes you kill harder (or can’t kill) with your own, but if you learn how the other classes work you will be a good player.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

So you would rather have a fight Vs a brick wall who shrugs of all damage and condi, than a interactive fun fast placed bersk meta what fun!

Bunker meta is cancer, has everyone forgot just how unfun the buncker ele meta was now we have it 10x worse as most classes are doing the same lame kitten!

Not all classes can bunker well when in bunker stats, and some dont need thoso stats to gain surviability.

Classes are designed for pve content, in first place they need to carry players in pve with some feeling Dev’s think a ccertain class should have for pve.
Since ANet will never change the rule of PVE in 1st place since its the main objective of the game, u will end with some classes doing to much for what they sacrifice, and atm gw2 suffers from this effect, wich sometimes both happen in the same class.

Sorry for my english if a bit cofuse to read :\

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Is this thread a joke? This is almost certainly not a bunker meta.

Thief meta isn’t a 1v1 build, it’s a +1’er and decapper. If you’re having trouble that may be why.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: newbihack.7180

newbihack.7180

This is not the issue, the aoe damage has to go or nerfed. Why the hell an aoe skill does more damage than a single target? something should be looked at or this game will be empty in pvp section.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

+1 to silv. I play ele and some 1:2 can kill me so fast … shure in a 1:1 nothing only a good mesmer could kill me fast till now. (necro and war kill me often but not so fast). It´s build dependent. Thiefs can´t 1:1 me well thats shure but they can +1 and kill me quick from behind … the good thiefs know that.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Its differently a Bunker meta condi is splashed in to but most condi build cant do kitten against these tanky auto cleanse build

Good. Condition cancer builds are being held-off and meta sheep are getting triggered. How delightful.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Ralkuth.1456

And the Warrior Banner Bunker meta with tons of stuns and blocks and infinite regen with tons of condi clean?

http://intothemists.com/guides/1004-banner_bunker_warrior

This was just after the nerf to Signet regen in the 15 Apr 2014 patch. A Power Necro came onto the point, slapped the banner warrior with 2 wells and auto’d him with dagger for around 5 seconds. The Warrior’s health never fell below 90%.

“Nerfed signet, they said,” the Necro sheathed his weapons, and we jumped around the point.

Yeah, the “bunkers” in the current iteration have nothing on bunkers of the old metas. You only started to worry about CDs and dodging when 3 people are focusing you on Banner Bunker.

5 useless class titles

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Which class fills the bunker role? didnt know we where in a bunker meta.

Due to the high aoe high anti bunker with necro we’re currently in a kill meta relying on dps roamers to follow up on kills. classes like the engi and druid are specifically built to try and reduce the momentum following an allied death. this is not bunker meta :c

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

anyway in this game mode there will always be “bunkers”.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Bunker meta would be boring…if there was a bunker meta.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

He is somewhat right tho, the current meta is boring. Not because it’s bunker, but because it has been the same for over a year.

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

We’re not in a bunker meta. The complaint player’s have is mainly on build diversity.

Guardian has three solid debatable builds for Rank queue. Ele has.. one. That is the boring part. Other classes still lack build diversity.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Bunker Meta so boring!

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Remove Toughness and vitality stats from armors. Make new stats: Aggression and Denial.

Aggression- Increase hard CC duration/intensity.

Denial- Increase slows duration/intensity.

There is no more bunker meta. Everyone is glassy, but people with pure aggression/denial stats hit like a wet noodle while rely on active skills to keep themselves alive.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant