Bunker rev and class stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

I have played my last 3 games against a duo both playing bunker rev… it’s nearly impossible to beat unless you stack 2 condi necros minimum. I’ve been playing them in unranked so I don’t care that much at the moment, but this could be a big issue in ranked. It goes for really any bunker build, but 2 bunker revs invalidate a power-based team, whereas bunker guard does not.

Anyways this is another example of where class stacking can become a huge problem, as the strengths of some builds are magnified when there are two people playing it. This really isn’t the most difficult issue to fix.

in PvP

Posted by: Felipe.1807

Felipe.1807

I played a time ago agaisnt a team with 2 ventari revs. Was 2v2 then at mid point on forest with a tempest at my side and I was playing DH. We won the fight on the end, but they sure where annoying. The only thing that truly bothered me was number of knockbacks and CC in general that those 2 where able to do.

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

i don’t think i’ve faced a bunker rev yet. And i really don’t know much about rev’s in general. How are they surviving?

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

i don’t think i’ve faced a bunker rev yet. And i really don’t know much about rev’s in general. How are they surviving?

They’re able to decap and eventually fullcap against a 1v2. 1v3 maybe not. So it’s not just holding the cap, it’s actually fullcapping under pressure. Most people don’t play them because they’re not meta and quite boring, but they’re super effective against power comps.

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

They’re able to decap and eventually fullcap against a 1v2. 1v3 maybe not. So it’s not just holding the cap, it’s actually fullcapping under pressure. Most people don’t play them because they’re not meta and quite boring, but they’re super effective against power comps.

good to know, thx

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

How do you get decapped by a bunker rev? They literally have like 1 knockback. They are also not that hard to push off a point. Legit the only thing that class can do is keep itself alive. They offer zero team support and do zero damage.

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

Because it only costs 10 energy and has no CD. In other words, it’s spammable to no end.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Because it only costs 10 energy and has no CD. In other words, it’s spammable to no end.

Incoming Rev nerf, changing energy cost to 30 with 10 s CD.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

While we’re having this discussion can we nerf Surge of the Mists again just to be extra sure?

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

While we’re having this discussion can we nerf Surge of the Mists again just to be extra sure?

Ok but let’s put alacrity on it to make it balanced!!

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Its not unbeatable, I faced some of them and eventually people figure out that they can’t really sustain focus fire after blowing through defense CDs like UA, ward rift and crystal hibernation.

It is however a very solid decap comp in 1v1 situation since you get 450 range knockback (240 range AoE) every 3-5s. This number is not just in theory, most bunker rev running ventari in 1v1 will actually attempt knockbacks at that frequency unless they’re using aforementioned CDs against your burst. You also don’t have much ways to kill them unless blowing your CDs as the amount of fragments generated from that explosion is able to heal up to 5k hp or more. Ultimately these mean that the rev can force 1v2 at far etc to relieve teamfight pressure.

Guard or mes can probably prevent decap from them, but other meta builds don’t have enough blocks/evade/stab to avoid being knock out. Other way to counter would be to have thief capping their home if the rev decides to stay that node, though that rev probably have terrible map awareness if it comes to that.

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

Its not unbeatable, I faced some of them and eventually people figure out that they can’t really sustain focus fire after blowing through defense CDs like UA, ward rift and crystal hibernation.

It is however a very solid decap comp in 1v1 situation since you get 450 range knockback (240 range AoE) every 3-5s. This number is not just in theory, most bunker rev running ventari in 1v1 will actually attempt knockbacks at that frequency unless they’re using aforementioned CDs against your burst. You also don’t have much ways to kill them unless blowing your CDs as the amount of fragments generated from that explosion is able to heal up to 5k hp or more. Ultimately these mean that the rev can force 1v2 at far etc to relieve teamfight pressure.

Guard or mes can probably prevent decap from them, but other meta builds don’t have enough blocks/evade/stab to avoid being knock out. Other way to counter would be to have thief capping their home if the rev decides to stay that node, though that rev probably have terrible map awareness if it comes to that.

Like I said, 2 revs. Meaning they can control 2 nodes pretty consistently outside of 4-5 man zergs crushing them.

in PvP

Posted by: OnizukaBR.8537

OnizukaBR.8537

Like I said, 2 revs. Meaning they can control 2 nodes pretty consistently outside of 4-5 man zergs crushing them.

But if they got 2 ventari rev, all you need to do is hold home and mid, dont need to get far. And with a Necro is easy to 2v1 the rev as they can get stab off so you can CC them and burst him down.
Ventari got a really good healing and the CC is annoying but they got the worst damage by far. So its basically a 5v3 as both ventari cant kill anyone.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

And dont forget to add an extra 5 energy cost to phase traversal. Ive seen some Revs use it in pvp. Gotta stop those shenanigans.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

But if they got 2 ventari rev, all you need to do is hold home and mid, dont need to get far. And with a Necro is easy to 2v1 the rev as they can get stab off so you can CC them and burst him down.
Ventari got a really good healing and the CC is annoying but they got the worst damage by far. So its basically a 5v3 as both ventari cant kill anyone.

Not sure if you’re trolling or genuinely don’t understand the build. Even if you do stun the rev, Ventari skills are instacast, they can use their knockback even while stunned. I think a necro and another DPS class could eventually 1v2 a bunker rev but it would take a minute. You’re also assuming a 1v2 would finish before someone plusses the rev which is unrealistic. Bunker revs sitting on mid-home gives the other 3 teammates the ability to float between the two and plus whichever rev is getting overwhelmed, knowing that the one taking a 1v1 or a 1 v2 can hold out for a long time. The goal of Conquest is to hold capture points, not kill people, so your point about bunker revs not killing people isn’t as important as you think.

Anyhow I’m done responding to people who are defending class stacking or who have never actually fought against a bunker rev.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Can I just say I’m happy that Ventari, once considered the most worthless legend, is actually getting serious use?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

Can I just say I’m happy that Ventari, once considered the most worthless legend, is actually getting serious use?

Me too, I had a match last night with a bunker rev on my team and he carried us.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Ventari boonstealer bunker..

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

finally right?

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It would be nice if the build was more an alternative to ele support rather than an extremely annoying decapper build.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Vitali.5039

It would be nice if the build was more an alternative to ele support rather than an extremely annoying decapper build.

Ther’s a way ..

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

Ventari boonstealer bunker..

Conceptually this is so annoying that I can see Leet0 running it

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

as somone who used to plsy decap engineer religiously, i can never complain about decap builds XD

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

wow wow i cant believe another person post a thread about rev support/bunker beside me

ppl already know i like the bunker /support rev. not because its effective rather is new to the old ele meta. and for me its effective.

yes rev support is effective i have tested it with dps meter versus ele and the result was much better. sure there are more factor to consider like rotations, role in the fight and good or bad team. but in average with rev i got more boons support (no vigor) more healing sustain or burst.
the main cons is you need your team to peel off ppl from you. ele can teleport out or have 3 sec immunity. rev dont. but rev can heal from range which is nice.
ele got elite so if used right can save low health ally with elite skill while rev need to time the heal right or just dont let the ally to get there in the first place.
this is why its spamm heal skill – blind, protection and small heal.
regarding kb it works but consider 10 nrg cost versus losing all your nrg every time. so again ppl call it OP while they dont know the whole facts.
you can decap versus some ranger (stability), ele(easy), engi(easy), some warrior (stability), mesmer, necro (easy)
versus gaurd can be hard due to blocks stability proc.

i can hold 1v2 if the enemies are sustain or support. if they are dmg (direct or condi) iam able to hold for 30-45 sec. but this is me (with no kiting)

condi spamm thief eventually can kill me if i try to hold the point.

ventari can fight almost any melee 1v1 due to its blind spamm. warrior will hate you. thief also unless they are patient.

i use 2 builds
the first is more power boons support
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW5un3gmNSuQzJRboNlsP0oS4I6UJ4ENsklflxO3eHeNgDagNjQKB-TpxHQBeY/B5VGYgHEAldEAAwFAIhPAAA

the second is more bunker support
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW5unXNmNSqJzJR/kNlsgyoS4Q5UJYrMsklZlRNgEawO6q/eNjOKB-TpxHQBA4CAkwHAg8KDMwDCgyOCAeY/BA

i use mace due to its blast finisher might, swiftness and poison torment pressure to enemy healer(ele)

in PvP

messiah.1908

here is short video from ranked. not the winning rather the cc i manage to do versus the down ele. my team somehow didnt want to stop the main enemy healer….

https://youtu.be/ldACbIJHtEs?t=39

in PvP

messiah.1908

regarding stacking is like fighting versus 2 ele . its kitten hard. same with ranger and ele also hard. same with bunker guard and ele also hard

you have to rotate them faster and separate them

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Did anyone used it at the tournament? Because if doesn’t work vs decent teams then “worthless legend” is still a term in good use.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

They’re able to decap and eventually fullcap against a 1v2. 1v3 maybe not..

LOL, bronze laif iz hart man

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

messiah.1908

actually in gold and manage to do it sometimes 1v2 and most of the times 1v1

in 5v5 its harder due to comms so i more focus in team fights and not 1v1

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

I think he was trying to make fun of me, I’m in Plat though

in PvP

messiah.1908

I think he was trying to make fun of me, I’m in Plat though

you lucky dude. i have hard time to advance to plat. mostly soloq but having lots of fun

in PvP

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

let me summarise:

“Help im a sub-par player having trouble with a non viable cheesy build that has no place in competitive pvp”

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in PvP

Vitali.5039

let me summarise:

“Help im a sub-par player having trouble with a non viable cheesy build that has no place in competitive pvp”

Snakes are truly toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

let me summarise:

Snakes are truly toxic

Where’s that purple moss when you need it?

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Vitali.5039

let me summarise:

Snakes are truly toxic

Where’s that purple moss when you need it?

I should make another run into Darkroot Garden!