in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Endless healing settler druids
Permanent resistance bunker revs
Stone heart tempests
Celestial scrappers with permanent stealth to escape
40k hp necros with carrion amulet

Yawn. Bring back the old meta, HoT has really turned this game into endless on point fighting.

Bunkers are making PvP really boring

in PvP

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

I’n my experience it has been the opposite. Everything gets nuked instantly and fights end with 5 people downed because the damage is so high.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

I’n my experience it has been the opposite. Everything gets nuked instantly and fights end with 5 people downed because the damage is so high.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

When you have capture node gameplay the best builds will always include ones that can hold the point for a while.

That being said theres so much AoE spam on points right now that very few things can hold a point in a drawn out mid fight. Side node skirmishes (2v2s) on the other hand could go on for days if I, for instance run a tempest and scrapper constantly healing eachother.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

What so removing Minstrel’s did nothing?

in PvP

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

The old meta had bunker guard, shoutbow war, dd ele, etc.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

No the OP hasn’t figured out he can use more buttons than his autoattack yet.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

It did, so much. Minstrel Druids were basically raidbosses, you needed 4+ people to chain-CC them to have a chance of bringing them down.

Celestial druids still have insane sustain, but they are managable with 2 people.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

It did, so much. Minstrel Druids were basically raidbosses, you needed 4+ people to chain-CC them to have a chance of bringing them down.

Celestial druids still have insane sustain, but they are managable with 2 people.

So a whole 5.5k hp makes you take 2 more people to kill compared with Cleric’s or Settler.

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Just play stronghold. More fun than fighting over circles IMO.

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

The only thing they hate more then the class balance is maps that make said imbalanced builds obsolete.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: abclemons.7093

abclemons.7093

+1. I only go Conquest now for dailies. Being able to “fight off point” makes Stronghold well worth the PVE stuff (that’s already in Conquest).

Koffix (ele) | Koffix Sprockets (engi ) | Koffix Shadows (teef) | Koffix Clones (mes) |
Koffix [xxx] (all the rest)
[Phnx] Phoenix Rises from the Ashes | Crystal Desert

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

Everything is making my gw2 experience in pvp bad right now <<< playing a warrior in spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

I rather see bunkers than the stupid double dd ele cele meta.

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

I rather see bunkers than the stupid bunker meta.

Fixed.

@OP

Yea, I agree. We need less tank in our games for more plays and more fights. Increasing DPS to down bunkers faster is ok until a certain point. Then we go back to stealth bursters rolling through players. Maybe we reduce/remove bunk entirely? People who want to support can be given more options, but no more meat shields.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

I rather see bunkers than the stupid bunker meta.

Fixed.

@OP

Yea, I agree. We need less tank in our games for more plays and more fights. Increasing DPS to down bunkers faster is ok until a certain point. Then we go back to stealth bursters rolling through players. Maybe we reduce/remove bunk entirely? People who want to support can be given more options, but no more meat shields.

There is no such thing has non-meatshield support. Why? Because raw survivability is the only thing useful enough to warrant considering versus taking another DPS.

YouTube

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Druid shouldn’t exist. And Druid is not a minstrel problem, it’s a druid problem.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

bunkers are essential for non bruiser based teams, as glass builds insta die when they’ve used their cooldowns. bunkers are an integral, and essential part of conquest.

they will never go, they been here since day one. even games like dota and league have supports that are tank + team utility champions. team RPGs need these roles to be filled.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

maybe if everyone and their grandmothers werent bandwagoning into the chronomancer/reaper/dh train people wouldnt be forced to run bunkers , hell even bunkers are useless now against reapers as theres apparently a new nuker build that tears through even full toughness builds in half a second

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Ohh another MMO player with the urgency of “I press 3 buttons everything should explode”.

Sry, I enjoy lot more to res my ally in the middle of 3 peoples cleave. For me it is more exciting then clicking 3 buttons and instagib people.

in PvP

Posted by: sexymofo.1986

sexymofo.1986

maybe if everyone and their grandmothers werent bandwagoning into the chronomancer/reaper/dh train people wouldnt be forced to run bunkers , hell even bunkers are useless now against reapers as theres apparently a new nuker build that tears through even full toughness builds in half a second

What?? Power necro is ok but it has super low survivability. Condi Reaper on the other hand is probably the best necro spec atm since it lives forever and does ~900 damage a tick on freeze (which has 100% uptime). Regardless, chrono and reaper aren’t the problem, warrior and thief need buffs, and dh needs a higher skill floor.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

If you guys want to kill your enemy with one shot, then I suggest changing game for Counter-Strike.

People who whine over bunkers lack in skill mostly~

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Urkara.9035

Urkara.9035

That’s what I’m talking about there are disguisting amount of damage out there still people complain about damage I quit PvPing because boring one-shot meta

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Wat?

Since launch, I met only 4 other Revenants aside from myself who weren’t Shiro/Glint. One of them was decent enough not to die within 5 seconds.

Cool story bro

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Wat?

Since launch, I met only 4 other Revenants aside from myself who weren’t Shiro/Glint. One of them was decent enough not to die within 5 seconds.

Cool story bro

I’ve played Ventari and it wasn’t tanky even with Minstrel ;P

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Wat?

Cool story bro

I’ve met a number of Revenants that have enough brains to think outside the glint/shiro copycat build everyone is using, but I guess you’re not one of them. Specifically, glint/mallyx variations that can stack might to deal the same damage while also being immune to condis.

The main problem with this meta is that over half of the classes out there can output ridiculous amounts of damage while being just as tanky as a bunker guard and having even more sustain than a d/d ele. There is a reason why only dragon hunter and revenant are viable zerker builds now, nothing else has enough damage to get through the tankiness and sustain every class has.

in PvP

Rym.1469

Wat?

Cool story bro

I tried it with that amulet too.

Seemed like only support that wasn’t absolutely insane with it, but pug allies were still trying to actively avoid the tablet, so nvm.

in PvP

Rym.1469

Wat?

Cool story bro

I’ve met a number of Revenants that have enough brains to think outside the glint/shiro copycat build everyone is using, but I guess you’re not one of them. Specifically, glint/mallyx variations that can stack might to deal the same damage while also being immune to condis.

The main problem with this meta is that over half of the classes out there can output ridiculous amounts of damage while being just as tanky as a bunker guard and having even more sustain than a d/d ele. There is a reason why only dragon hunter and revenant are viable zerker builds now, nothing else has enough damage to get through the tankiness and sustain every class has.

You realise that I specifically mentioned myself as one of Revenants playing other builds too and created guide on Celestial Mallyx/Glint Revenant for metabattle having played it on streams since BWE2, right?

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Wat?

Cool story bro

I tried it with that amulet too.

Seemed like only support that wasn’t absolutely insane with it, but pug allies were still trying to actively avoid the tablet, so nvm.

Support has to be insane, otherwise you just pick another DPS/Bruiser =/

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I really don’t understand why people even play super bunker builds. They are boring. I’ve been running into a lot of chrono bunkers recently. They can’t kill anything, and are hard to kill. Not sure why that is fun to play, but to each their own i guess.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I really don’t understand why people even play super bunker builds. They are boring. I’ve been running into a lot of chrono bunkers recently. They can’t kill anything, and are hard to kill. Not sure why that is fun to play, but to each their own i guess.

It’s not death match, you don’t have kill anyone to win.
Also complaining that support builds are boring because their job isn’t to kill people…

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Love the longer fights, much better than the split second blow everything up meta we used to have.

To quote the simpsons.
“People are tired of fights that end before they can get drunk”.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Endless healing settler druids

Settler? I pretty much exclusively see celestial, since dmg-output is pretty low with settlers when using staff. Also, Hp pool is low as well.

Druid is a very strong bunker though, I give you that.

Almost never seen a rev running anything else than marauder DPS…. resistance revs get absolutely wrecked by Necro’s with some boonstrip though.

Stone heart tempests

I’ve run a supporty/bunkery tempest almost exclusively since HoT and I can tell you that most builds use diamond skin, since you’ll loose to almost every other bunker in a 1v1 without it (druid, engi, necro)

Celestial scrappers with permanent stealth to escape

Stealth really shouldn’t be a problem in the current meta, there is more than enough reveal around.

40k hp necros with carrion amulet

Yeah, Necro is pretty strong, especially in 1v1’s, but I have no problem against them since I started using diamond skin.

Yawn. Bring back the old meta, HoT has really turned this game into endless on point fighting.

Meta is too berzerkery, meta is too tanky, my class is too weak…… just play the game. At least be somewhat specific or think about how to deal with the stuff you’ve mentioned before opening another one of these topics.

in PvP

Posted by: Xero Kaiser.6174

Xero Kaiser.6174

Love the longer fights, much better than the split second blow everything up meta we used to have.

To quote the simpsons.
“People are tired of fights that end before they can get drunk”.

Used to have? You mean it used to be worse than this? I can’t imagine what that was like.

One of the things I loved about PvP when this game first launched was the fact that fights were relatively long and had some real back-and-forth compared to most MMOs. I’ve been away from this game for a while, but now PvP feels like something out of WoW. I poke my head out and get immediately destroyed. Half the time I don’t even know what hit me.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I poke my head out and get immediately destroyed. Half the time I don’t even know what hit me.

Invisible bugged traps. Yo.

in PvP

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

There is no such thing as a bunker any more, all we have is bruisers and burst-bots.
They wanted a more reactive game yet added more stuff which you can’t really counter.
Power creep is real, AoE spam is real, coupled together and all you have is circle spam – hope you get more circles down before the other people. E.g. One match in stronghold the other team had 2 DHs and 2 Nercos, I told my team not to fight in the supply area, a minutes later, 4 dead team mates.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!