Burst Ranger, is this right?

in PvP

Posted by: SerratedOcean.7398

SerratedOcean.7398

This burst damage with rapid fire and all the CCs is just too much…I 1v1 or 2v1, a Range pops in the fight I’m dead. I’m a S/D thief so much harder to fight a 1v1 a ranger now.

This doesn’t seem right…

in PvP

Posted by: Mandor.1284

Mandor.1284

I’ve always found funny that the Thiefs are the first ones to complain when they can’t kill another class when they’re the ones who have everything easy in the first place.

10/10 got me to reply.

in PvP

SerratedOcean.7398

I’ve always found funny that the Thiefs are the first ones to complain when they can’t kill another class when they’re the ones who have everything easy in the first place.

10/10 got me to reply.

You must be a Ranger then, the influx of rangers in Solo queue is a good sign, this damage seems to be clearly out of balance.

Its repulsive when you say we’re the class who have everything easy. I played this game (sPVP) from day 1, theives been nerfed many time in damage, from back stab to stun duration. Hell S/D got nerfed again, hell even black powder. Easy..please

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I played for over five hours today and saw only a small few rangers, and only about half of them were running longbow sniper. It seems the novelty of the build is already wearing off.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

I’m a S/D thief

There is your problem.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Considering the requirements needed and the frequency they can burst no its not right.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

10/10 got me to reply.

You must be a Ranger then, the influx of rangers in Solo queue is a good sign, this damage seems to be clearly out of balance.

Its repulsive when you say we’re the class who have everything easy. I played this game (sPVP) from day 1, theives been nerfed many time in damage, from back stab to stun duration. Hell S/D got nerfed again, hell even black powder. Easy..please

And despite all those nerfs you’re still OP as hell, that’s why WvW is full of your scum class and spvp hotjoin was polluted by you and warriors.

Now somebody isn’t a free kill anymore and you throw a tantrum.

in PvP

Posted by: JohnnyZero.5619

JohnnyZero.5619

[/quote]

And despite all those nerfs you’re still OP as hell, that’s why WvW is full of your scum class and spvp hotjoin was polluted by you and warriors.

[/quote]

Power rangers are a fad. There have been no legitimate complaints about them that I’ve seen so far while serving a berserker role in tPvP. Yes, they do too much damage from too far away, however:

They don’t have the mobility of a thief.

They don’t have the cleave of a scepter fresh air elementalist.

They don’t have the team utility of a shatter mesmer.

And as a heads up, as soon as you mention WvW in this forum and start calling professions “scum” like you have a personal vendetta against them, no one takes you seriously.

I Lynna I – Thief / Clownshooz – Engineer
Turbo Seksophonic – Ele / Guitar Wolfe – Mesmer
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I’m a S/D thief so much harder to fight a 1v1 a ranger now.

We are deeply sorry our king for making you have such a hard time fighting disgusting rangers. It is widely known that thieves SHOULD easily kill any ranger at all. That goes also to every class out there. We made a mistake by making rangers able to kill you.

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

They’re not good in teamfights are are very squishy, but they are at all NO fun to fight. I understand what they tried to do. They tried to give a way for the ranger to deal damage without relying on his pet. But this. This just feels bad. I’d rather them just give the option to remove the pet and give them a flat bonus to damage then giving them a super fast machine gun.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Power rangers are a fad. There have been no legitimate complaints about them that I’ve seen so far while serving a berserker role in tPvP. Yes, they do too much damage from too far away, however:

They don’t have the mobility of a thief.

They don’t have the cleave of a scepter fresh air elementalist.

They don’t have the team utility of a shatter mesmer.

And as a heads up, as soon as you mention WvW in this forum and start calling professions “scum” like you have a personal vendetta against them, no one takes you seriously.

I’m not supposed to have some vendetta against the single class that pushed all other power specs out of the meta alongside warriors? The one cheesy class who has no cooldowns to be affected by chill, who can spam a backstab despite being blocked by aegis or blind and still is not revealed?

The one class kitten y enough that allows for escape and constant reset while other classes get to die for failing?

Nah, I pass on giving a kitten about what people in this forum think. People in these forums made all that drama about poor underpowered warriors and that’s how we ended up with healing signet and stances.

This format is no better than WvW, going into tpvp when eles were broken and teams consisting of 2-3 eles or whatever the new OP crap is. People in this format have no more integrity or credibility than players from other formats.

in PvP

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

S/d thief isnt the hardest but playing burst with d/p is one of the harder builds

in PvP

Ehecatl.9172

It’s been a few days. There is no way the meta has stabilized from the changes enough to say that the other power builds are no longer viable in comparison.

Give it a couple weeks and if the top PVP teams start running double longbow rangers for their teams THEN you can complain and say sniper ranger has replaced every power build in the game. Until then it’s pure hyperbole.

EDIT: Misread the person I quoted. Left the relevant bits intact.

(edited by Ehecatl.9172)

in PvP

SerratedOcean.7398

10/10 got me to reply.

We are still OP? Really do you play sPVP? really you mention WvW? Are you lost? you must be…you apparently have a personal grudge against thieves, you say nothing objective at all. You call thieves and warriors scum wow, just wow.

in PvP

SerratedOcean.7398

I’m a S/D thief so much harder to fight a 1v1 a ranger now.

We are deeply sorry our king for making you have such a hard time fighting disgusting rangers. It is widely known that thieves SHOULD easily kill any ranger at all. That goes also to every class out there. We made a mistake by making rangers able to kill you.

I find trap rangers a very tough fight, I do not kill them easily at all. Your sarcasm isn’t welcome and comments is not objective to the new ridiculous 9k+ Rapid fire. Stop being baseless.

in PvP

Ehecatl.9172

I find trap rangers a very tough fight, I do not kill them easily at all. Your sarcasm isn’t welcome and comments is not objective to the new ridiculous 9k+ Rapid fire. Stop being baseless.

6K+, actually. Highest I’ve seen so far was an 8K against a thief. If you want 9K+ you have to blow a 60 second cooldown for it.

in PvP

Posted by: DrOrange.9230

DrOrange.9230

Huh..so the fact rangers can sorta fight teefs is just WAY to op? Does this mean anything that can beat teef needs a nerf too? what if a teef beat another teef?

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

10/10 got me to reply.

I did play some Solo Q today, but this “inflex in ranger” actually is a worse thing because so many noob rangers just pew pew from afar, and if a team have 3 or more of those, it’s an automatic lost since this game is about conquest.

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Rangers finally are in a decent spot and no more just a freekill. If you lose against them as thief, chances are high that you are just a bad player. Rapid fire is really telegraphed, so it shouldn’t be that difficult to LoS them.

It’s just sad to see skills being nerfed, cause people are not willing to adapt their playstyle. History will probably repeat itself.

Retired GW2 Player

(edited by laquito.5269)

in PvP

Posted by: kurtdg.2370

kurtdg.2370

Melee just called, and they sound pretty kittened off.

Not sure how many more phone calls I can take from this Melee guy.

I think he might leave gw2 soon.

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

Well, since i’ve shelved my thief and now back on engi. (1000 + hrs thief 700 on engi) i will say that rangers have become a bit of an issue without a shield to reflect back that " pew pew" from a thief stand point i can not comment but I’m sure the zerker burst is just awful.

solo cheese engi/ex teef

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

If having 5 pew pew rangers in the opposing team is “right”. Then I don’t know what the definition of balance is.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

The issue is to much reward for basically doing nothing. A ranger that is a complete idiot can contribute to level of another zerker person who is playing there class well.

When others zerkers burst they put themselves at risk of being burst down themselves. Then there is a pause from there damage while they set up for there burst again or react to there enemies counter.

With ranger barely any risk, just perch yourself at range and spam attacks. In addition to burst the ranger deals good consistent damage the auto attacks hurt a lot as well. It not easy to just move out of there range like you could do with other profs because its so Long.

With the lay out of many pvp maps lots of good places for a ranger to camp. Most reflects are on a high CD and easy for a ranger to cancel his attack or just dodge it.

Would have been better to buff gs or add a positional req to lb for eg: deals bonus damage hitting a player from behind or the side. Damage is reduced when hitting a player in the front.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir