Byzantium Chest (Repeatable)

in PvP

Posted by: Kaspar.3892

Kaspar.3892

Q:

Is it a bug or design to not give any more ascended shards after the first completion?

imo, this looks like a bug due to the fact that you can’t even complete a full set of ascended armor from the entire run of the season and it discourages a lot of people from playing pvp after finishing that track once through, because they can’t finish the armor set.

in PvP

Posted by: Rose Wild.9746

Rose Wild.9746

I hope it’s a bug and they let us finish sets even if the number of shards you get is less.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

It’s not a bug if you read the reward windo it says that after completed the contents of reward chest change..

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

This really isn’t surprising given how quick and cheap it would be to get full ascended compared to the alternative methods. With that being said I would have preferred them reducing the number of shards per chest dramatically but allowing infinite repetition of full rewards to keep the carrot on the stick that keeps people playing actively. The season has been a huge leap forward with regards to infrastructure, the next thing I would like to see is reinstatement of team q which will require a higher population. Having the bulk of the rewards obtainable so quickly will hurt player retention as many will leave once shard capped.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

It’s funny since you can’t even get a full Ascended set from PvP shards, you can get a max of 1200 shards and just a full set of Armor is 1300 shards.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I assume the rewards reset each season. So if the system remains next season, you can probably get more shards. I still don’t see an issue – you have guaranteed way to get ascended gear. Only other way atm is to buy from vendors for ridiculous amount of currency (raids, bloodstones etc.) or craft it.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

woah forum bug and 15 angry charrs

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

Oh I have no issue with this system, I am just pointing out that players won’t be able to purchase full Ascended in a season. They have to pick and choose what is important to them.

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I don’t have a problem with this. Its an easy way for people to get an ascended weapon, its an easy way for people to get a piece of ascended gear to salvage for ball of dark energy if they want to start tha ad infinitum collection. Its an easy way to get enough of an ascended set to get you to the low T4 fractals. Its enough to keep people interested without making sure that they are only playing in ranked games to get ascended gear.

(edited by OriOri.8724)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

It is not a bug, just poor game design. What is the point if you get all the rewards within 2-3 days instead of making us play at least a few weeks to get the rewards.
It looks like Anet does not care if anyone except the top 250 still plays the seasons after a week.
The rewards should be given out much slower but steadily over the weeks.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).