CC immunity buff

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: Gramas.5289

Gramas.5289

So i think this game, this meta, needs desperatly a CC immunity buff for stun/kb/fear. CC lock is one of the worst in game mechanic and it doesn’t affect only one class but many (War, Necro and engi).

What do u think about it?

Btw i’m not talking about a new boon, but a CC immunity buff that pops on character after u received a stun/kb. Maybe with the same duration of CC received (es. u got a 2s stun and u have immediatly after an immunity to stun/kb for 2s)

(edited by Gramas.5289)

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Stability.

The great forum duppy.

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Sure nerf CC but nerf evade frames by half while you’re working in nerfing CC.

P.S Learn to think of other factors and not just something that benefits yourself. Posts like these are simple minded beyond belief.

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

CC immunity buff? that’d be great, we could give it to every class,…. Except necro, and when they cry about it we’ll add it to something they never take like well of power or something else that’s useless.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: Gramas.5289

Gramas.5289

I wrote that, CC lock is one of the worst mechanic but it’s not the only one, the list is pretty long. And i agree this game has too many dodges and too many aoe spam.

Stability is not a solution if there are classes that can land a lot of stun/kb skills in a little frame time, u finish stability, u’re dead.

Think about when there is an assist train with a CC lock build, it’s really not fun.

Btw i’m not talking about a new boon, but a CC immunity buff that pops on character after u received a stun/kb. Maybe with the same duration of CC received (es. u got a 2s stun and u have immediatly after an immunity to stun/kb for 2s).

I edited my first post, maybe now it’s more clear.

(edited by Gramas.5289)

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

You’re talking about diminishing returns.. and no, with stun breaks, stability, cleanses you really don’t need a diminishing returns mechanic in this game.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Stability.

mesmer has barly any access to stability.also if u get hit by multiple people and the first stun happens, then u use a stunbraker, but by the time u are free again, u get feared, then u might wanna use a block, but the next cc has already knocked u down. u dont have enough time to react or a way to counter it. it happened quite a lot that i wnted to blink away but the perma cc prevented me through the entire fight. i wasnt even able to use a single attack.
so a immunity to it after being hit sounds pretty reasonable imo

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Stability.

mesmer has barly any access to stability.also if u get hit by multiple people and the first stun happens, then u use a stunbraker, but by the time u are free again, u get feared, then u might wanna use a block, but the next cc has already knocked u down. u dont have enough time to react or a way to counter it. it happened quite a lot that i wnted to blink away but the perma cc prevented me through the entire fight. i wasnt even able to use a single attack.

Eh. Mesmers fart stunbreakers and evasion. There’s really no excuse for a mesmer to get stunlocked.

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Stability.

Eh. Mesmers fart stunbreakers and evasion. There’s really no excuse for a mesmer to get stunlocked.

Mesmer is the class that is most resilient to stun lock if built correctly. Same is true of S/X Thieves. Pretty much every class has access to reliable ways of avoiding being stun locked. Of course I already know that someone will say “But CC will eventually overwhelm you.”

They make is sound as though they expect to ALWAYS be able to escape CC and stuns on any build. Builds focusing around CC would be pretty worthless if it was impossible to actually lock somebody down. The key to beating CC if you aren’t a Mesmer or Thief is to use what Stability you have wisely, I always see players using it the instant they get stunned rather than saving it for the more dangerous skills. Go on the offensive while your stability is up and if you have blocks, blinds, or any other sort of countermeasure save them for when you know the CC is coming.

Whenever someone says “CC” they generally mean “Warrior.” CC is one of the few things Warrior does better than any other class and now people are demanding it be nerfed to the ground. If I look at many of the current meta builds, most of them bring hardly any sort of defensive utilities. This is starting to change because of Warriors and even now the condition meta is starting to become a much smaller headache because of it. If CC is going to be the new meta then change your build to account for it.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

We already have CC immunity, its called stability >_<.

Diminishing returns wouldnt do much since most stuns and dazes only last a few seconds.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: Psych.6527

Psych.6527

The way a mesmer counters CC is by actively using skills to make the cc redundant, evades, teleports, invulnerabilities.. all these require a lot more skill to counter well rather than having a passive boon let you stand there and soak it up.

Diminishing return would actually not be a bad implementation to the game, such as removing a fear or bleed stacks and having it planted on you not even a second later. Having the duration of the second stack of bleed or fear still do the damage but the full duration be decreased by a percentage(10%) would make the game less spammable. Also cure the condition meta somewhat.

all of the above was just an example, so dont focus on certain things and be like, ’’OMG OPOPOPPO!!11!1"

Finch Psydstep|Phantasmal Mesmer and Council Leader of
Gamers Republic of South Africa[RSA]|Aurora Glade.
“If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule, of honor!”

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Stability.

no i meant stability not stunbreakers. stunbreakers are there. but the stuns+ being knocked down and perma interrupted = very annoying death

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

There just shouldn’t be as many stuns, stunbreaks, or sources of stability in this game.

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

… Wait, so people actually think one person should be able to resist two or more people’s CC for a prolonged period of time? What is this I don’t even. One person shouldn’t be able to sit there and mitigate damage/conditions/CC from two or more people unless they just have THAT much more skill.

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

CC is a lethal problem for Necros and Engineers, which is fine considering the insane damage they’re capable of.

Can you imagine what would happen if Necro got an 8s stab cooldown? How much condi pressure that class would be pumping out? What about Double Kit Engi with an 8s stab elixir?

CC was not a problem in the previous metas because nobody was running classes that were easy to pin down. Ele and Mesmer have blinks and immunity cooldowns with ranged damage. Stun locking that is nowhere near as easy as it is on a Necro or Engi.

I think CC is fine as is. People are running greedy builds that don’t protect themselves against it and getting stomped by it. That’s what happens… if you don’t like being countered you don’t really want balance you want to win without a challenge.

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

Nah cc in game right now is fine its just warriors right now are problem we have such massive time span to land ccs its a complete joke. We risk little when going for big stun but get rewarded massively by 100-0ing someone right after you just land 1 stun. This build also is good because eles lost lots of stun breaks, along with engis elxir r getting nerfed. Our skull crack duration should be brought back down to 2 secs with healing signet getting nerfed and our zerk stance needs reduction to 5 secs or so. We have good sustain and have lots of defensive abilities to keep us safe to land stuns with little risk. That’s the whole problem with meta its face roll there is less coordination involved in team than the burst meta since there was a lot of things to consider such as positioning, setting up team burst and so forth. Now its just go into team fight spam or stun lock or even auto attack on ranger and someone and someone will die.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

CC won’t be as bad when paralyzation is nerfed. Getting another entire second to CC from the sigil makes an enormous difference

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: RockSteady.7123

RockSteady.7123

A staff mesmer w/ the reduced weapon cooldown + decoy + blink counters CC pretty well
Guardian does well against CC what with regular access to blocks and blinds
Necro has access to stability and protection. If you don’t want to invest 30 in soul reaping or spectral skills then so be it. This is known as a trade-off. You can’t have it all.
Engi can spec for protection on stun + less damage when stunned in addition to slotting stunbreaks. Same deal as necro, you can’t have it all.
Thief has plenty of shadowsteps and evades, no need to go further
Ele has plenty of access to boons, healing, and some stability
Warriors have access to plenty of stability (probably the most in the game)
And rangers… yea screw them.

CC immunity buff

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Stability.

Stop acting like the best mesmer in the world. Being more humble would do you good. I’m sure if i had a camera on your 24/7 gameplay I definitely will catch you sooner or later, catched in a stunlock. Weither it’s often or not, doens’t matter, when it happens, it means, a mesmer is in a weaker spot then say warrior/guard with balanced stance etc.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.