Call of Duty "Reinforce" Conquest Mode

in PvP

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

So I play a bit of COD Ghosts. I didn’t play any of the previous games, but recently they introduced a new mode called “Reinforce.”

Basically the game is played out something like this:

-3 conquest points
-If you die you don’t respawn
-If someone on your team captures a conquest point your whole team respawns
-2 or 3 minute time limit per round
-Capturing all 3 points or killing all enemy players ends the game
-If time expires the team with the majority of the points wins
-Best 4/7 Rounds

Topic discussion:

If something like this were theoretically introduced on the maps ANET has already built, how would games play out?

My thoughts:
-More emphasis on mobility
-Less emphasis on bunkering because holding points doesn’t matter as much as capturing

in PvP

Posted by: LegendPlayer.2418

LegendPlayer.2418

This mode sounds fun, but in general Anet needs to add an additional pvp mode .

EU Far Shiverpeaks
Smoozi

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Wouldn’t work. COD is equivalent to a match in GW2 where everyone is playing a berserker amulet thief, and backstab has 1200 range and deals 400% more damage than now, thus 1-shot killing each other from afar.

Reinforce works in COD because one man can be a hero and blast away all his opponents and then capture a point to save his teammates. In GW2, if you are the last man standing against 5 other opponents, consider yourself screwed. Attrition would still dominate.

Example:

You see how long it takes me to kill 2 opponents? If this were Reinforce, the time limit would already be reached. If this were COD, I’d headshot both of them and they’d be gone in a matter of seconds. That is an impossibility in GW2.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

A game mode like this would probably increase a lot of “cheese” stuff.
Bunker enigs will become (even) more popular, since capping a point becomes even more important.
Bunkers in general, or all those “tanky DPS-specs” might also become more popular, since dying in this mode has harder consequences than in normal conquest.

Bunkers might be even more popular, since sth. like 3 bunkers +2 thieves might be very strong.
Send a bunker to every point and let the thieves focus fire an pick out members of the other team. Due to one of your bunkers on every point, enemies wont be able to respawn.

in PvP

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

All GW2 needs is Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch.

As soon as you create “capture points” in a MMO, you end up with bunker meta. Reeeeaaalllll exhilarating.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

My thoughts:
-More emphasis on mobility
-Less emphasis on bunkering because holding points doesn’t matter as much as capturing

Conquest places massive emphasis on mobility; I think that would be greatly lessened in this game mode. Probably it would be best for all five players to stick tightly together at all times and attempt to get 1-2 kills. As soon as your team has 1-2 kills, you can easily send one bunker back to your close point to protect against respawning while the rest of your team wins the match.

Compare that to conquest, where 1v1, 1v2, and 2v2 situations abound. The faster you are, the more likely you are to be able to force the other team to spend more time travelling (i.e. thief decaps far—>5v4 at mid while the other team re-caps it). There wouldn’t be any of that if capping that third point was no use until either you were about to win, or one of your teammates was dead.