Can I AFK without fear of penalty

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka.6701

Nuka.6701

Just had a very enjoyable match where we had 3 people cap home together, only for one of them to leave the game later on. At that point, when the game is completely unwinnable, is it appropriate to just AFK and let the enemy team win so I can play another match sooner?

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

IF you cant tell if AFK is appropriate then dont go afk.

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Do what you want, as long as you wouldn’t mind other players doing it to you.

In terms of AFK, just make sure you don’t concede too early. Ask yourself during the game: if a super strong player were in your place, would he be able to turn the odds? How would he win that game? If you’ve tried hard enough, still don’t find a solution, then do as you wish.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Yeah I think so. If by your calculations the game is unwinnable then yeah take a break and come back for the next game.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Well… a lost at 400 is not the same lost at 100.

If we have AFK sitters because they don’t have a guaranteed win, I am sorry but this affect OUR MMR.

It’s possible to win versus top players. It’s possible to lose at 400+ versus top players.

Don’t go AFK because you see the name of somebody. (can’t look at account name in spvp game anymore) I could create a Chaith toon and win just with the name, now. Since we are not able to verify it.

It’s better to lose with the most scored point. Even if it is 100 to 300, at that time you could regroup and take back home then mid and snowball the game to lose it at 400.

With proper MMR indication and results, people would play hard until the end.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka.6701

Nuka.6701

Don’t worry, I only AFK in games that are already 4v5 to begin with (and going poorly, on top of that. Poorly as in like 10-450.)

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I could create a Chaith toon and win just with the name

Now THAT is both a hilarious and very clever idea! you could even take it a step further and get 4 friends to pretend to be a full Astral/TCG premade depending on region! Probably not allowed but still.
Seriously though, does going into the ‘report player’ window to see the account name not work anymore either? I haven’t checked it yet and it is what I always did when I saw a pro/high level player in my games to make sure they were the real one.

On the topic of the thread, I think that Anet- and myself for that matter- would prefer it if you never went afk at all but many players probably would not mind if you went afk if it was already a 4v5 against you or you were something like 450-25 down with zero chance of a comeback although I think it is best to never do things like this.

The only time where I think it is ok to afk is when your opponent has a disconnect and you afk to make the match 4v4 and fair for both teams. A lot of people would get angry at you for doing this but afking in this situation should never get you punished.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Tried to report an afk today(never even jumped down)…game crashed the moment I clicked submit report. Anet pls.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Seriously though, does going into the ‘report player’ window to see the account name not work anymore either? I haven’t checked it yet and it is what I always did when I saw a pro/high level player in my games to make sure they were the real one.

Yes, you can’t check them through the panel. You need to click on each toon and look at the tooltips on the toon FACE.

You can AFK all you want, but like I said, the harder you lost, the harder the MMR hit.

Losing versus Pro team would not be a big mmr hit… but losing versus a soloq team of casual pvers, could need much more work to make it back where you were on the ranking.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/