Can I stop getting all the DHs in my team...

in PvP

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

…While the other team gets scrappers and revs?

So maybe we have a chance at downing one of them next game

Last game it was truly pathetic. 1 ele 2 scrapper 1 war 1 rev

vs

my 2 awesome DHS, ele, rev and necro.. the mid fight was so 1 sided it wasn’t even funny. The DHs were simply punching bags the whole match….

Please anet….please?

(This is in diamond division, where people actually can dodge traps and are aware of their class skills and reflects )

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

vs

my 2 awesome DHS, ele, rev and necro.. the mid fight was so 1 sided it wasn’t even funny. The DHs were simply punching bags the whole match….

Please anet….please?

(This is in diamond division, where people actually can dodge traps and are aware of their class skills and reflects )

You’re not Legendary yet?

Ya 2x Scrappers is a DH worse nightmare.
Actually, the perfect nightmare is 2x Scraps, Ele, Ranger, X

If I lost the initial mid fight I would have immediately taken sides with the necro. 2 scraps + Ele would be difficult for any team in foefire’s mid but matchmaking isn’t very fair in this particular case.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Ghazan.9213

Ghazan.9213

They need to nerf scrappers and eles for next season and not let pressure from crying pro league players who are unable to multi class make them op again.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I’m tempted now to try DH. I’ve seen a very few excellent ones… and I play scrapper so figure I know how to deal with my own class best… if it can be done. Maybe I’ll give it a shot.

in PvP

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

They need to nerf scrappers and eles for next season

Fine, just as long as they realize that Eles don’t have other viable builds besides being healbots. Give them more roles to play, or at least the ability to survive in teamfights without building super tanky (buffs to baseline sustain,) then nerf Tempest.

And while we’re at it, nerf all the HoT elite specs.

And while we’re dreaming, I’d like a pony.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I have no problem with scrappers course I am one. For those who find them OP, what class do you play? I find I do very well against theives and most DHs.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

vs

Please anet….please?

Making it to diamond, does not mean that a player knows how to use a dh, your team composition was in no way disadvantaged

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

If this is 1 of those lets name what we want nerfed threads can I plz get all those things that do perma daze, stun and knock backs nerfed? I find those the most annoying.

in PvP

Hunter.4783

If this is 1 of those lets name what we want nerfed threads can I plz get all those things that do perma daze, stun and knock backs nerfed? I find those the most annoying.

I simply want DH buffed… you know, the class at the bottom of the food chain right now.

Is that too much to ask?

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

I simply want DH buffed. Is that too much to ask?

UM NO, it’s not, if I was the game makers I’d totally buff it for you!
( the reason I asked that question was because people started listing all the professions they wanted nerfed, like they tend to do a lot on here, and that’s probably why DH got nerfed in the first place)

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I play warrior, and can deal with Engi and eles fine, as long as they are not together, if they are it’s a struggle to win that fight 2 vs 1. I’ve seen quite a few good DH’s this season, but I’ve see more bad than good, and I mean really bad. If you have more than one DH on your team chances are you’ve lost the match.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Maybe they should simply remove class stacking from PvP.. sucks anyway.

in PvP

Hunter.4783

I play warrior, and can deal with Engi and eles fine, as long as they are not together, if they are it’s a struggle to win that fight 2 vs 1. I’ve seen quite a few good DH’s this season, but I’ve see more bad than good, and I mean really bad. If you have more than one DH on your team chances are you’ve lost the match.

DH is arguably the easiest class to play. If the majority of DH you see are bad chances are it’s not solely due to player skill

Now compare that to a scapper or necro which can just face mash buttons and still do damage to opposite team. Have you seen people go and say: “wow every necro or ele I run into are bad! But i have seen some good ones!”

in PvP

Supreme.3164

DH is arguably the easiest class to play. If the majority of DH you see are bad chances are it’s not solely due to player skill

Now compare that to a scapper or necro which can just face mash buttons and still do damage to opposite team. Have you seen people go and say: “wow every necro or ele I run into are bad! But i have seen some good ones!”

Now consider that scrapper and necro by design are favoured point holders, then take a DH which is not…who will die first in the middle of the team fight?….Ofc the DH

And now the question: why the hell a DH is in the middle of the team fight?

DH is not about rushing mid, spam all traps and die. Over 90% of Dh I see play in this order:

1) Hunter’s Ward
2) Rush mid
3) Spamm all traps
4) Use shield of courage, wings of justice in rapid succession as they quickly go low
5) Die easily if allies don’t save their kitten s

DH is a freaking ranged bruiser with decent self-sustain… it cannot be played like a stable point holder. Scrapper and necro dmg is all mele at 80-90%

People on this forum like to think all professions are strong except the one they play, the reality is there is a skill cap to everything

in PvP

Hunter.4783

Now consider that scrapper and necro by design are favoured point holders, then take a DH which is not…who will die first in the middle of the team fight?….Ofc the DH

DH is not about rushing mid, spam all traps and die. Over 90% of Dh I see play in this order:

1) Hunter’s Ward
2) Rush mid
3) Spamm all traps
4) Use shield of courage, wings of justice in rapid succession as they quickly go low

DH is a freaking ranged bruiser with decent self-sustain… it cannot be played like a stable point holder. Scrapper and necro dmg is all mele at 80-90%

People on this forum like to think all professions are strong except the one they play, the reality is there is a skill cap to everything

I fully agree with what you said. But you are still missing the point.

Spvp is not a death match. It’s conquest.

You just said dh can’t hold points and dh can’t fight at mid. So then my friend WHAT CAN A DH DO?

Ranged bruiser is fine in WvW roaming or in a team death match but fails awfully in conquest mode. Add in the fact that dh have no ,mobility and you start seeing a problem. Right now dh are behind both in ability to hold points, and in roaming.

Hence why I’m saying DH are trash tier in diamond and above

in PvP

Supreme.3164

1) Hunter’s Ward
2) Rush mid
3) Spamm all traps

I fully agree with what you said. But you are still missing the point.

Spvp is not a death match. It’s conquest.

You just said dh can’t hold points and dh can’t fight at mid. So then my friend WHAT CAN A DH DO?

Ranged bruiser is fine in WvW roaming or in a team death match but fails awfully in conquest mode. Add in the fact that dh have no ,mobility and you start seeing a problem. Right now dh are behind both in ability to hold points, and in roaming.

Hence why I’m saying DH are trash tier in diamond and above

Dragon Hunter Longbow is one of the best weapon set offered by HoT after scrapper hammer ofc, you have ranged CC, condi pressure and burst all done from safe 1200 range

I said that dh is a ranger bruiser and not a point holder, it means that staying on the point 100% of the time is why your typical dh fails.

DH is a variant of the old pew pew ranger, it’s stronger and has more presence during team fights; hunter’s ward and test of faith can be devastating when used at the right moment.

Typically I let scrapper, necro and eles take the full brunt of the dmg on the point, I focus instead on the enemy that prefer to stay at range like mesmers and necros or druid

You have the tools to stop the rampage of MM reapers, clone spamming chronos and staff druid, the best part is that you can easily defend yourself from any mele attacker.

Spear of justice is great to interrupt ressing attempt, overload or just drag those pesky snipers into the mud.

In 1vs1, a dh when played well can take some time to kill. I use that fact to rush enemy far and force somebody from the enemy team to come..so many ways to make great use of DH

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAT8ensABVDhdDBWdC8DhlGi6aYXgAQ+4T+nPb+uv8D-TpghABNWGAg9HAA

I don’t play much because of work, still I’m diamond and have np using this build, I recognize the role and I stick to it, if there are no tanks in my team I swap to ele or scrapper

With all this said, I don’t disagree that dh needs buffs ( like everybody else after all), but it’s important that those buffs are meant for a role that only dh can play, trying to buff dh to a level where it can hold points as good as a scrapper…it’s powercreep and that inevitably leads to nerfs

(edited by Supreme.3164)