Can Revenant be F2P in PVP?

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Q:

Please?

Hi ANet, in light of my recent discovery that smurf accounts will be a useful thing when learning a new profession you’re completely unfamiliar with playing. I was wondering if you could make the Revenant F2P in PvP come the HoT release?

That is all

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

A:

I am sorry for hijacking, but will it be possible to use the elite specs without purchasing hot ?

Hmm this is a really good point. With all the power creep happening due to elite specializations these should be F2P too or else being competitive in PvP will require going through aa pay wall. That would be super lame.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

The FAQ suggests that you can’t create a revenant without HoT. Regardless if you are F2P or own the core game.

in PvP

Posted by: Necromonger.4970

Necromonger.4970

I am sorry for hijacking, but will it be possible to use the elite specs without purchasing hot ?

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

obviously not. they are the main selling point of the expansion

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I think the character creating tab clearly says that you need HoT.

in PvP

Posted by: MatthiasL.5346

MatthiasL.5346

What’s the reason for hot then? It’s a new profession which you can play if you buy exp pack ( just like in other games ) so buy it or live without it.

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Hmm this is a really good point. With all the power creep happening due to elite specializations these should be F2P too or else being competitive in PvP will require going through aa pay wall.

O look you figured out arena nets means of generating revenue.
If you don’t want to shelve out the money for the expansion.
Wait until it goes on sale 9 months later.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: Necromonger.4970

Necromonger.4970

Hmm this is a really good point. With all the power creep happening due to elite specializations these should be F2P too or else being competitive in PvP will require going through aa pay wall.

O look you figured out arena nets means of generating revenue.
If you don’t want to shelve out the money for the expansion.
Wait until it goes on sale 9 months later.

If some of the professions are stronger with the elite specs, it’ll become pay to win.
Making them free in spvp only, is a step in the right direction.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Hmm this is a really good point. With all the power creep happening due to elite specializations these should be F2P too or else being competitive in PvP will require going through aa pay wall. That would be super lame.

They’re buffing the crap out of the elite specs so they can see how they perform. They’ll tone them down once the mechanics are working properly. It’s hard to tell what’s not working if the skills aren’t ideal and the damage is low.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Most elite specs are useless. The only good ones so far are Chronomancer and potentially Daredevil.