Can We Please Fix PvP

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Like no….seriously……I just want a fun balanced game that I can play pvp in, that’s all I want

The most balanced pvp ive played ever is SWTOR

I played WoW before switching here (I think last year) and WoWs pvp is way less frustrating

Everythings balanced and its based on team play and strategy, face rolling will get you rofl stomped, especially when it comes to rated games where people pvp like its their job

Rn it feels like every class is just broken in some form or fashion and needs a nerf

In WoW there is no “this class counters the class that counters this class” I mean there is, but everyone regardless of their spec can hold their own against another

Necros- Tanky, can dish out ridiculous damage and destroys teams if not pressured (I’m sure most of them would love to trade out damage for mobility, another topic for another day)

Burn/Trap Guards- The good ones will make you question whether or not youre fighting a tank or a guardian in a game, theyre hard to kill and buff themselves in any engagement and makes you pay for dearly for making them do so

Engis- I really….really….really hate kittening engis, have to be the most broken profession rn, and that’s saying a lot since my normal hatred lies for guardians. ive never seen one specific class kill somebody by knocking them on their face repeatedly……if you plan on fighting one you better have stability and quite a few stun breakers

Rangers- I hate this class mainly due to the “I can hit you but you cant hit me” kitten, this is what kittened off a lot of ppl when it came to WoWs ranger class, imo the one here is even worst, they have plenty of snares and can kite you all while busting down your health, but theyre like….the least op profession depending on your build

Mesmers- Great for 1v1’s till they use a shatter…but that’s the thing…..its the shatter that kills you, and they have plenty of shatters waiting for you regardless of if theyre condi or power, one way or another, fighting a good Mesmer is like trying to fight a ghost in a house of mirrors

Warriors- Can be very op and imo is a very under rated class, they can hit ridiculously hard and god forbid one catches a knockback on you cause 9/10, then next time you see your character get up itll be in your teams spawn. They can endure pain and reduce your damage to…..pretty much kitten like an engi…..but worst because theyre more active

Thieves- If any class is risk vs reward it’d be this one, so easily killed by the much more front facing classes like guards, warriors, necros’, mesmers. However when they know what theyre doing regardless of what their traits are, they can send you outside for a smoke to prevent you from breaking your pc, if I had to nickname them, id call them living shadows

Every class right now is just over the top in some form or fashion and I feel like things need to be toned down

I already stated my idea for it so I’m not going to retype it, but I do believe that things are just ridiculous

You either die way too fast, do too little damage, or youre forced to join the rest of us and make cheesy as hell builds cause there is no build diversity and even with the new traits coming theres going to be an even bigger lack of diversity.

Theyre turning down the pressure from condi, I for one am not happy about it (no I don’t rely on it that much, I only have like 2 chars out of 5 that run condi so don’t go there)

As gamers we all know, that when you take away 1 toy, we find another

So as Anet may be fixing condi, what about cc and power crit builds? Is Anet going to implement something else to make up for it?

Turning down condi just gives way for builds that are just as broken

I’m partly ranting at this point so yeah

TL:DR actually balance the game Anet, forget the next expansion id rather be able to go into pvp and not rage because I feel that I lost due to being punished for trying to make something new instead of going with whatever build is op atm

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Omcrazy.4756

Omcrazy.4756

I only played SWTOR pvp a few times so I won’t go at length about that. It didn’t strike me as anything special, tbh.

I did just come from WoW. I could literally solo 1v3 or 4 in a BG as a DH tank and just button mash. No thought needed, half the time I might not even know what was going on in my screen. Button mash and survive. If you are comparing WoW rated BGs then you should try comparing it to GW2 ranked sPvP with premades. Don’t compare rated to random soloQ or unranked.

WoW Arena was more interesting, but it mostly comes down to synchronized CC and bursting damage.

And you want to talk about broken? Go look at the leaderboards for WoW arena. Restro Sham, Resto Sham as far as the eye can see. I would guess they outnumber every other healing class combined by at least 2:1. There’s like 2 warlocks in the entire top 100. Is there even 1 Hunter? Most classes only have one specific build they can run in arena (even less build diversity than GW2) and be effective.

As for GW2. If every class is broken but has weaknesses then no class is broken… What do you want, every class plays exactly the same? Why have classes at all? Different classes having strengths and weaknesses but all having viable builds and important roles to fill sounds pretty balanced to me. And as far as I can tell most (all?) classes have multiple viable builds for different types of play. Its not about making “cheesy” builds, you just don’t know how to combine trait lines and weapon choices and sigil/amulets effectively to make your own build (neither do I, thats why I look at other builds and adjust for me).

I’ve been pvping in MMORPGs for a good 15 years. GW2 might not have the best pvp ever but its a cut above most.

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Like no….seriously……I just want a fun balanced game that I can play pvp in, that’s all I want

This is the issue most people struggle with. You will never find this in an MMORPG.

Definitely consider a different type of game if you’re looking for something balanced.

On second thought.. don’t do that either. You won’t find it.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Usuallyafk.4075

Usuallyafk.4075

WoW PvP is the most broken crap in any game….you lost all credibility with that comment.

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Posted by: ceejay.2517

ceejay.2517

Necros- Tanky, can dish out ridiculous damage and destroys teams if not pressured (I’m sure most of them would love to trade out damage for mobility, another topic for another day)

Warriors- Can be very op and imo is a very under rated class, they can hit ridiculously hard and god forbid one catches a knockback on you cause 9/10, then next time you see your character get up itll be in your teams spawn. They can endure pain and reduce your damage to…..pretty much kitten like an engi…..but worst because theyre more active

Wut.

Necros have tanky health because they have almost no active defense – no block, evade, invuln, and only limited stunbreak. They also get insta targeted and can be melted quite easily.

Warrior is literally hard countered by kiting. If you stand on a node and facetank their damage, sure they will kill you. But kite and LoS them and you should be fine.

Its a case of knowing about each class, the different styles are what make the game fun, challenging and different. I will grant you that Ranger is annoying as hell if your class has no stability or gap close, but again, if you line of sight/reflect/block they cant do much.

Psyyy | PvP Necro |

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Lord Velar.1509

Ok so first of all, because I played WoW that ruined my credibility?

I mean my 10th match completed this season I was almost tier 3 gold….I hit plat the following day around my 12th match….and I have no credibility cause I played WoW…..right…… I’m not talking about that last kittenty expansion they had, I played WoD, WOTLK, and BC, I’m talking about those days of WoW. WoD was bad, but it was balanced cause the only spec I found non viable at all was Demonology and that was just because of how bad Demo lock got nerfed during WoD. Every class in that game was balanced. (Ok yeah DKs came out op asf, but didn’t revs come out of Hot getting their staff nerfed cause it was kitten near 1 shotting?)

Not every class in GW2 have a weakness since builds are involved. Ive never fought not 1 engi (unless they didn’t know what they were doing) that wasn’t over the top when it came to needing to kill them. Engis are extremely broken. Burn Guards, I have a friend who can get up to 10k burns on you with ease, you can condi cleanse all you want, but he’ll still down you to burns? How would you counter that?

Those were just examples, every class right now has a broken build that cant be countered since you don’t know what theyre running in time to switch to counter it.

Lastly, my most played class is necros sitting at 58% with my thief trailing close behind. Necros is tanky and can punish a team if left unchecked. We have plenty of damage to toss around.

Lastly you cant make use of every map in that manner especially a couple of conquest maps, and no one wants to lose a ranked match just because you didn’t want to face up to a class just because of whatever. Theyre going to want you to at least try to keep it contested to prevent the other team from taking it and getting points off it. If you keep it contested at least long enough you give your team or someone from your team enough time to get over and help you

I see what some of you are saying, but I feel like my points being missed as well

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Posted by: gnarfacekilla.9756

gnarfacekilla.9756

Stop comparing this game to WoW and other games of your expectation. GW2 is it’s own game. The PvP in this game is very balanced and you have the option to choose your own build to fit your playstyle. If you want to win there is an optimal way and that’s by playing your role and helping your team. The only thing that really stinks about this game is the match making system. I got stuck with a ton of players just like you.

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtZFok_D_TI and tell me this game is balanced. That skill is supposed to inflict chill and poison – that’s ALL.

When scourge comes, you can also add burning to that list of bullkitten in that video. But oh, wait, they removed a bunch of OP sigils in SPvP (who cares about WvW apparently)… and amulets… and… amulets are not overpowered. It’s the sigils, traits and runes that are overpowered.

I wish they would nerf all sigils across the board to become more balanced like (some of) the SPvP ones. Causing effects on weapon swap are not balanced either. Doing 10% more DMG to an opponent that is stunned is balanced. Sigils like Sigil of Annulment (your next attack after weapon swapping removes 2 boons) are not balanced – there is no counterplay to it and it just causes random effects that no one understands what is happening (“where’d my boons go, wtf?”) If it were, “Disabling a foe removes 1 boon” then it would be more balanced.

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Posted by: gnarfacekilla.9756

gnarfacekilla.9756

NO game is perfectly balanced, but something that is unbalanced currently is condi pressure. There is a reason anet will be tuning that.

(edited by gnarfacekilla.9756)

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

NO game is perfectly balanced, but something that is unbalanced currently is condi pressure. There is a reason anet will be tuning that.

Source? I know they’ll nerf condi food but that doesn’t affect pvp at all.

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

GW2 has always been fairly balanced, the issue with this games pvp is the absolute cancer you must play against. Sure it may have a counter or whatever but that doesn’t mean it is fun to play against.. I agree this games pvp is the most frustrating out of all pvp I’ve ever played.

WoW is more homogenized, every class can counter everything to a certain extent. The only extreme example I can think of 2 classes countering each other is like a shadow priest vs pally cuz they can mass dispell. There is no class that can just condi bomb you instantly or spam a ton of aoe, it is actually slow and strategical compared to GW2.

And using the top 100 arena is not any real way to judge balance. Holy priest is just as ridiculous as rsham right now. Everyone see’s a class do good in high ratings then starts to fotm roll that class.

It’s like BrM being 1 of if not the best tanks to bring to raids, yet everyone thought they were garbage cuz they were never on the ‘list’ but nothing has even changed about them. They are just as good now as they were then, people just only focus on what they see on these top played lists.. they really mean nothing other than what people think is best. Blizz has even stated this many times, they try to keep every class very near each other.

Granted, Blizz history with balance in pvp has been pretty terrible but its never felt like the level of cancer we deal with in GW2. I’d rather have an unbalanced game than a ‘balanced’ game with such annoying freaking builds that take zero skill to play.

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Posted by: plushiesoda.8150

plushiesoda.8150

sorry, i’m no pro but this seems like a l2p issue. As someone with an over 2000 3vs3 rating on WoD season 2 and Legion season 1 and 2 I cannot take you seriously when you say things like

“Everythings balanced and its based on team play and strategy, face rolling will get you rofl stomped, especially when it comes to rated games where people pvp like its their job
Rn it feels like every class is just broken in some form or fashion and needs a nerf
In WoW there is no “this class counters the class that counters this class” I mean there is, but everyone regardless of their spec can hold their own against another”

And I’m pretty sure unless you’re a druid or a legion season 1 dh, monk. No WoW player with a rating over 1500 would say the same thing, especially with the melee meta that plagues it nowadays.

I understand your point though… an encounter can last a couple of seconds over here, and feel like… oh come on! and support builds can be frustrating on a 1vs1 basis

However as an active wow pvp player i can ASSURE you that the current state of the (pvp) game (before the 8/8 path) is way, way, WAY more balanced (unless you’re a revenant, a core game player or an elementalist trying to do damage) than wow’s

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Lord Velar.1509

GW2 has always been fairly balanced, the issue with this games pvp is the absolute cancer you must play against. Sure it may have a counter or whatever but that doesn’t mean it is fun to play against.. I agree this games pvp is the most frustrating out of all pvp I’ve ever played.

WoW is more homogenized, every class can counter everything to a certain extent. The only extreme example I can think of 2 classes countering each other is like a shadow priest vs pally cuz they can mass dispell. There is no class that can just condi bomb you instantly or spam a ton of aoe, it is actually slow and strategical compared to GW2.

And using the top 100 arena is not any real way to judge balance. Holy priest is just as ridiculous as rsham right now. Everyone see’s a class do good in high ratings then starts to fotm roll that class.

It’s like BrM being 1 of if not the best tanks to bring to raids, yet everyone thought they were garbage cuz they were never on the ‘list’ but nothing has even changed about them. They are just as good now as they were then, people just only focus on what they see on these top played lists.. they really mean nothing other than what people think is best. Blizz has even stated this many times, they try to keep every class very near each other.

Granted, Blizz history with balance in pvp has been pretty terrible but its never felt like the level of cancer we deal with in GW2. I’d rather have an unbalanced game than a ‘balanced’ game with such annoying freaking builds that take zero skill to play.

exactly

Blizz is no saint when it comes to balance, but ive never felt stun locked unless there was a cc chain and I was dumb enough to try and 1v5, ive never been 1 shot in wow, and ive never gotten condi bombed in an instant

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Lord Velar.1509

I played BC, WOTLK, and the first half of WoD, I quit a while before whatever new expan has been released

Even then, WoW is still as balanced

In WoW I have time to react to whats going on, here, if you miss by a split fraction of a second your dead

Ive never said GW2 was a bad game, its good with out a doubt, but id take BGs balance over what we have here any day

Why I still play this if that’s the case?

I like the game and its flow. I like the fact that anets being creative, I don’t like however certain things like the already stated, extreme speed at which you go from alive to dead

I made this post in hopes that anet stop seeming like the pvp side of their game doesn’t have issues

(in other words I want to see it succeed rather than watch it fail)

Can We Please Fix PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Best bet is to find another game, GW2 does such drastic changes every patch they have no idea what they’re doing or what direction they want the game to go in, best bet is to find a game that is based around pvp and not having an identity crisis since 2012.