Can a necro bunker?

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Would it be a complete waste of time trying out a bunker necro?

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: teonimesic.1403

teonimesic.1403

i would suggest reading this other topic here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Thoughts-about-Condition-Damage-in-sPvP/page/4#post2538377

Since you can have sPvP gear with condition / toughness on it, then yes, it should be very possible.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

No.

Bunkers require these:

-Stability/evades to stay on a point.

- CC to get people off a point.

- Be able to tank 2-3 people for a good amount of time.

-Self Replenishment

The necro may have some CC, but he has no stability so he can easily be displaced out of a point and have it decapped, and he has no self replenishment comparable to guard/ele/ranger/engineer.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Throw down plague. Be a bunker for a moment.

The great forum duppy.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

Yes they do well with 2 hp bars and use atleast spectral armor as a utility, try 30/10/0/0/30 power bunker or 10/30/0/0/30 condi bunker. 15 points in soul reaping gets you last gasp which is another spectral armor!

Necros have great cc, self replenishment, and can spectral walk back on point or gets stability from soul reapingtrait line xi foot in grave+plague elite!

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Go spectral and you’re a bit bunkerish. Combined with plague I tend to survive pretty long.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Not every bunker that can hold a point is the best, good near point bunker is someone that can do ranged attacks from up top while keeping eye out for people cutting across coming to your near point cap.

So yes throwing a bunch of marks down while keeping eye out for your near point is pretty effective. And not everyone that attacks a point a knockback or node assault/neut build.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Life stealing with wells and Plague do the job kinda OK. You’re not the epic bunker a guardian can be, but you can do other things doing so.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Not effectively no, we are an attrition based class that doesn’t have the attrition.
Our life siphon is pathetic, we have no stability, no burst heals from water combos/heals on skills and no real upkeep of boons.
I typically always player bunkers, or at least heavily defensive condi builds and necro just doesn’t line up with any of the other classes, only thief is worst off in terms of bunkering.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Necros can’t really bunker as well as guardians, elementalists or even rangers. Stability, protection, blocking, vigor, aegis, etc. are pretty much required for the role, and necros have no or very low access to these.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

There is no point a dps necro can bunker almost as well as a bunker .

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Actually necros do have a very high stability uptime (50%+) when going 30 into Soul Reaping, taking both Near to Death and Foot in the Grave and getting some boon duration.

Whether it’s viable? Don’t know…

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Necro’s are near point bunkers, if you see a necro bunkering mid that’s pretty dumb.

Mid should only belong to guardian
Far point node assault and bunker should only belong to engineer (bunker knockback specced and not HGH)
Near point bunker can be ranger, Mesmer, necromancer, you want someone with ranged dps because you want to help mid out while you watch your near point node and people crossing.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Pools+boon/protection duration+ deathshroud should be enough

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

No healing => no sustain => no bunk

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

No healing => no sustain => no bunk

No sustain?, you have a healing pool you even have a free one when you start to revive someone, you have acces to regen too.

Also, bunkers dont rely specifically on healing but enduring damage, the only class that regenerates to everything is ranger.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

You can home bunker pretty decently as a 20/0/20/30/0 MM necro siphoning. It’s great 1v1 and can hold off 2 OKAY, which is why I generally would only suggest it for home bunking. However it does more damage than most bunkers, so it’s more of a hybrid.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

ITT: Necromancers saying they can’t really bunker and non-Necromancers saying Necromancers can bunker… hmm…

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

sorrow.2364

No sustain?, you have a healing pool you even have a free one when you start to revive someone, you have acces to regen too.

Also, bunkers dont rely specifically on healing but enduring damage, the only class that regenerates to everything is ranger.

What are you talking about?
The healing on necromancer is horrible.
Best classes at bunkering are the only professions capable to heal for a decent amount (Engineer, Guardian, Elementalists).

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Best classes at bunkering are the only professions capable to heal for a decent amount (Engineer, Guardian, Elementalists).

someone doesnt know about ranger heals…

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Ok i screwed up my descrptions i meal WELLS not pools, my bad.

Im talking about this:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Blood

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ritual_of_Life

You can make a good combo with these:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ritual_Mastery

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ritual_of_Protection

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vampiric_Rituals

And obviously deathshroud, you can make a necrro bunker with these and a shaman amulet, plague elite too.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

The Boz.2038

Sure, bunker for 30 seconds every four minutes. That’s entirely viable.
Note: this is sarcasm.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

If you dont know how to trigger these with strategy then how is that my fault, you cant just faceroll tank with any bunker, you need to use your abilites with caution and with some timing, also with boon duration + protection duration runes you can have a lot of protection.

Seriously man, you should stop with these already, trying to make people believe that necros are underpowered and need help, when in reality is a class that is in a very good spot right now and dosent need anything more, if anything they should add condition mitigations:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Game-balance-with-only-2-additions/first#post2544370

But these will affect every condition build not only necros, and this will put a leash on necro spam meta right now.

(edited by Fenrir.5493)

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

If you dont know hot to trigger these with strategy then how is that my fault, you cant just faceroll tank with any bunker, you need to use your abilites with caution and with some timing, also with boon duration + protection duration runes you can have a lot of protection.

Point is, Necros don’t have the key components to bunking:

HIGH uptime on protection (sort of can be covered but not as effective as others)/stability
High healing as relative to your total HP pool, all good bunkers can go from 20% to 100% multiple times in a fight, a bunker that dwindles away after some time is just not a bunker, it’s a meat shield that stalls an inevitable loss.
EVADES/Blocks (Because nothing absorbs damage like 100% absorbs, face tanking works 1v1, but the more you get on you the more you’re hit, evades nullifies that, we can’t do that)

Those are the basic things, and we can’t do some of that effective enough, the rest we can’t do at all. So no its not really “viable”. Some people can do fine enough with it, but its far from optimal

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

If you dont know hot to trigger these with strategy then how is that my fault, you cant just faceroll tank with any bunker, you need to use your abilites with caution and with some timing, also with boon duration + protection duration runes you can have a lot of protection.

HIGH uptime on protection (sort of can be covered but not as effective as others)/stability
High healing as relative to your total HP pool, all good bunkers can go from 20% to 100% multiple times in a fight, a bunker that dwindles away after some time is just not a bunker, it’s a meat shield that stalls an inevitable loss.
EVADES/Blocks (Because nothing absorbs damage like 100% absorbs, face tanking works 1v1, but the more you get on you the more you’re hit, evades nullifies that, we can’t do that)

Those are the basic things, and we can’t do some of that effective enough, the rest we can’t do at all. So no its not really “viable”. Some people can do fine enough with it, but its far from optimal

Warriors cant even try bunkering what do you say to that, at least necros have the option to do so, i would love to have these protection uptime with my warrior.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

The Boz.2038

…did you honestly just tell me that I don’t know how to tactically trigger an effect that happens when I revive an ally?

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Talk to Spazzcromancer, he has a very effective mid-point bunker Necro.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

…did you honestly just tell me that I don’t know how to tactically trigger an effect that happens when I revive an ally?

I can see that you dont only dont know that but you dont even know the class you are defending at all, do you realize that you can have 5 wells in your character+ deathshroud + plague and probably Last Gasp wich is spectral armor when 50% health depending on how you build the necro.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Quoted for truth.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

poor necros so weak they should just totally buff their healing so they can play bunker too.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

The Boz.2038

I can see that you dont only dont know that but you dont even know the class you are defending at all, do you realize that you can have 5 wells in your character+ deathshroud + plague and probably Last Gasp wich is spectral armor when 50% health depending on how you build the necro.

That build? It could probably hold on for a moment or two on a side point. Good luck lasting for the third moment without evades, vigor or block. And dream on about using it anywhere but a side point.
But thank you for teaching me!
Note: that last bit was sarcasm.

Oh, I need to see this… I wonder what the rest of his teamcomp is…

(edited by The Boz.2038)

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I have heard you talk about Spazzcromancer and his secret bunkering build. With spectating, it shouldn’t be a secret any longer.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Warriors cant even try bunkering what do you say to that, at least necros have the option to do so, i would love to have these protection uptime with my warrior.

What do I have to say to it? Warriors can’t bunker properly neither. I never said they could.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Necros have Spectral armor which can last 8 secs=over 75% life force on a 48 sec cd and a 2nd spectral armor at 50% hp. When this is paired with 25k hp and 30% larger life force pool thats 57.5k hp.

With all the life force gains its very easy to go 0-100% life force. Ghastly claws 12% 6 sec cd, reapers touch 15% 14 sec cd. Spectal walk 24% life force 48sec cd. spectral wall 38sec cd=2 protection boons. Life transfer is 3% life force which is great for aoe when hitting many targets.

The main traits to look for with a bunker necro are;
Curses; (10 weakening shrould=weakness on DS) (20 Spectral attunement=longer spectrals)
Soul Reaping; (5 10% lifeforce gain) (10 spectral mastery 20% lower cd)(15 Spectral armor at 50% hp)
Others to look at in Soul reaping tree are;

1. Vital Persistence, 25% slower Lforce drain
  2. Near to death, Death shroud recharges 30% faster
  3. Foot in grave 3sec stab when entering deathshroud (With 30% boon duration thats almost 4 sec on a 7 sec cd with Near to death. thats like 60% uptime.

3 stun breakers and all the life force heals you can easily use;
Consume conditions 25 sec cd 5.3k heal with 0 healing power and 735 hp per condition and having 12 conditions in the game=8.8k which Im pretty sure that 14.1k is the biggest heal in the game with 0 healing power

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Im talking about this:

And obviously deathshroud, you can make a necrro bunker with these and a shaman amulet, plague elite too.

I guess that you are just (bad) theorycrafting and you never jumped on your Necro and tried to bunk.

You’re saying that Necros can bunker because of a single skill and 3-4 traits to make it work? Really?

On an average situation, you have just Well of Blood. To trigger Ritual of Life, you have to revive an ally, which isn’t actually a reliable situation.

But what when Well of Blood is on cooldown?
You have no healing at all.

Look at other bunkers and how they are capable to heal and completely restore their HP bar with ease and you’ll realize why Necromancers can’t bunk.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Warriors can’t bunker? Really?

Have you ever tried the builds that are around with 100% regen uptime, 3200+ armor, healing signet and adrenaline healing?

They regen over 1k hp per second, unkillable against any form of direct damage and quite hard to kill even against condition damage (high hp pool).

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Im talking about this:

I guess that you are just (bad) theorycrafting and you never jumped on your Necro and tried to bunk.

You’re saying that Necros can bunker because of a single skill and 3-4 traits to make it work? Really?

On an average situation, you have just Well of Blood. To trigger Ritual of Life, you have to revive an ally, which isn’t actually a reliable situation.

But what when Well of Blood is on cooldown?
You have no healing at all.

Look at other bunkers and how they are capable to heal and completely restore their HP bar with ease and you’ll realize why Necromancers can’t bunk.

Really is surprising that necros dont know theyr class, it really is… you can have 5 wells 6 if you revive an ally… so much for 1 skill isnt it.

Warriors can’t bunker? Really?

Have you ever tried the builds that are around with 100% regen uptime, 3200+ armor, healing signet and adrenaline healing?

They regen over 1k hp per second, unkillable against any form of direct damage and quite hard to kill even against condition damage (high hp pool).

Unkillable against direct damage… really, maybe you should stop bunkering and do real damage, any real burst damage will get to a warrior hard specially if it is from a thief, warriors cant bunker if they dont have protection, and rangers regen more health than a warrior and have acces to protection.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Pretty sure warriors have the best regen right now. Sigenet regen + adrenal health + regeneration boon. 3 types that all stack+ heavy armor meaning they can have the most toughness if Im not mistaken.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Really is surprising that necros dont know theyr class, it really is… you can have 5 wells 6 if you revive an ally… so much for 1 skill isnt it.

I don’t know if you are aware or not, but only Well of Blood heals. And, by the way, it is far inferior to Consume Conditions, even when Cleric amulets, which is useless on Necromancer because nothing scales with Healing Power.

Unkillable against direct damage… really, maybe you should stop bunkering and do real damage, any real burst damage will get to a warrior hard specially if it is from a thief, warriors cant bunker if they dont have protection, and rangers regen more health than a warrior and have acces to protection.

Really?
Do you have any proof backing up what you say?

Warriors have, because of the armor, 7% extra damage reduction compared to rangers. They can easily get to over 3500 armor, while rangers can’t, which makes protection not that needed.

Anyway, warrior regeneration with Cleric and 20 points into Defense is:
- 448 HP per second from Healing Signet
- ~176 HP per second from Adrenal Health with full adrenaline
- ~270 HP per second from permanent regeneration with banners
Total is: 894 HP per second

You can easily reach 1k by picking healing power runes or going deeper into Defense.

Ranger regen is:
- 129 HP per second from Signet of the Wild
- ~44 HP per second from Natural Healing
- ~270 HP per second from regen
Total is: 443 HP per second

Not even half of the Warrior HP regen.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

The Boz.2038

Necros have Spectral armor which can last 8 secs=over 75% life force on a 48 sec cd and a 2nd spectral armor at 50% hp. When this is paired with 25k hp and 30% larger life force pool thats 57.5k hp.

This entire post is filled with bad math and bad information.
First off, 8 seconds of 8% per hit with a 1s ICD is 72% LF gain IN AN IDEAL CASE. Note: the ideal case is mathematically impossible to attain, as you’d have to take damage at precisely 0.00s after activating the skill, and again exactly one second later. And then again, and again, etc. You’re realistically looking at 48 to 56 if you’re being constantly attacked.
Secondly, 25k HP with a 30% LF boost is a 19.5k DS HP, as base DS is 60% of your normal HP, as confirmed by the devs recently.

With all the life force gains its very easy to go 0-100% life force. Ghastly claws 12% 6 sec cd, reapers touch 15% 14 sec cd. Spectal walk 24% life force 48sec cd. spectral wall 38sec cd=2 protection boons. Life transfer is 3% life force which is great for aoe when hitting many targets.

And here we’re talking an uninterrupted 2+s channel, a skill hitting five targets, yet another theoretically ideal case of hit rate, and another case of “you can totally tank five people, no problem.”

3 stun breakers and all the life force heals you can easily use;
Consume conditions 25 sec cd 5.3k heal with 0 healing power and 735 hp per condition and having 12 conditions in the game=8.8k which Im pretty sure that 14.1k is the biggest heal in the game with 0 healing power

…and yet another ideal case.

How the hell do you get six wells with three utility skills, a heal skill, and an elite that doesn’t have a well?
And how the hell is that all 1 skill?
And is that necro who is packing six wells also packing spectral walk, wall, and armor as well?

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Another thing, 50% stability uptime is a very misleading argument.
We gain stability on entering DS, DS goes on a 10 second(7 traited) cooldown on exiting it.

If we maintained that 50% stability uptime we are never in DS that means that every direct dmg atk goes straight into our health pool.

What we can actually get with our stability trait is 3 seconds of stability for 1 single important action, a heal, a stomp…
This means that what we do have is the constant choice of an uninterrupted action or mitigating damage, we literally can’t have both.

In a real fight I don’t expect Necros keep more than 10% time with stability and can still be easily chain-stunned if the opponent waits 3 seconds to begin.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

How has no one realized necro has some of the best healing in the game with great damage. Well of blood has the best scaling of any heal in the game, with 1500 healing power you instantly heal 6740 then the heal over time is 752 hp per second to even your allies for a total of 14260 per 32 seconds. Plus you have 4000 hp per 12 seconds on dagger life siphon. Signet of the locust is 25% movement speed plus 5k hp with 5 enemies around on a 60 second cooldown. With traits deathshroud gives 3 seconds of stability and 747 aoe heal every 7 seconds.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRAoY49iQaKb07JApCNP9g7x3m6BAofOA-TwAgzCmIuRdj7GzNybs3MaY1wOkZIA
2 utilities can be either wells or spectrals, 10 point major can be anything.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

@The Boz
Im sorry I rounded down on almost everything trying not to exaggerate.
Spetral armor 8% a hit for 8 seconds=64% + 5% Spectral attunement + 10% gluttony for a total of 75.9% sure if you’d like take off 8%.

Thank you for the DS correction. Its not stated on the wiki.
As for hp Im at 27812 + 60% + 30 is 49.5k so ok 7k less.

I didn’t know you were interrupted every 2 seconds (sounds like you don’t know what your doing or don’t have stability) With all the spirit rangers/minion necros/mesmer clones I normally hit 10+ (Its capped at 10 right?)

When your a mid bunker its easy to have 10 conditions on you when its 1v3 last few points in the match! (your forgetting this is a condi meta?)

You really tried to pick that apart well tho, Thanks ; ) (And don’t say it was bad math because only my Deathshroud information was misinformed, Its not my fault the tooltip doesn’t say it.)

If you need any tips you can just ask

Also to the OP well utilities are a good option as along with siphon to keep your main hp up when ur waiting the 6secs for DS to be back up. There are some really great mid necro bunker builds out there.

edit
ps Spectral walk is 2% for 12sec + 5% + 10%=31.9% :p

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

(edited by Krayiss.4926)

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Another thing, 50% stability uptime is a very misleading argument.
We gain stability on entering DS, DS goes on a 10 second(7 traited) cooldown on exiting it.

If we maintained that 50% stability uptime we are never in DS that means that every direct dmg atk goes straight into our health pool.

What we can actually get with our stability trait is 3 seconds of stability for 1 single important action, a heal, a stomp…
This means that what we do have is the constant choice of an uninterrupted action or mitigating damage, we literally can’t have both.

In a real fight I don’t expect Necros keep more than 10% time with stability and can still be easily chain-stunned if the opponent waits 3 seconds to begin.

Foot in the grave =3 sec stability with 30% boon duration + (2) water runes 10% + (4)monk runes 10% and heals on hit thats 50% boon duration 4.5sec stability on 7cd?

Now thats a bit of a joke but heres the tip so your not wasting a grand manster trait while only having it up 10% of the time you say.

Your first point was correct going in and out of DS is dangerous but If you know they just used a burst cd or if your only trying to use stability to prevent a cc then just avoiding that cc is going to reduce alot of incoming damage because most of the time they are waiting to lock you down so they don’t miss their burst when you dodge.

2nd which is really important is managing your DS. In most cases I use it at 13% and let it run out because It will not reset the cd to 7 seconds. So then I can go right back into it after using ghastly claws 13% lf and/or reapers touch 16% with 2 skills you can be at 29% thats alot of healing if you think about it.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

The Boz.2038

I always try to pick stuff apart, it’s how I make my own builds.
OK, so…
27812 HP is one of the 569 Vitality amulets + 30 points into Blood Magic. How do you get both Foot in the Grave and Spectral Attunement with 40 points remaining?
Ghastly claws hits eight times. Each hit gives you 1.5% LF. Pray the enemy doesn’t interrupt you with a stun, daze, immobilize, or that he doesn’t dodge, evade, block, etc. A single barrel roll cuts that skill’s number of hits in half. Using it on an NPC instead of the enemy player doesn’t really buy you a lot of time as you’re not creating any extra pressure.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Kiriakulos.1690

How has no one realized necro has some of the best healing in the game with great damage. Well of blood has the best scaling of any heal in the game, with 1500 healing power you instantly heal 6740 then the heal over time is 752 hp per second to even your allies for a total of 14260 per 32 seconds. Plus you have 4000 hp per 12 seconds on dagger life siphon. Signet of the locust is 25% movement speed plus 5k hp with 5 enemies around on a 60 second cooldown. With traits deathshroud gives 3 seconds of stability and 747 aoe heal every 7 seconds.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQRAoY49iQaKb07JApCNP9g7x3m6BAofOA-TwAgzCmIuRdj7GzNybs3MaY1wOkZIA

Oh wow…
That build is so bad it isn’t even funny, that’s the ultimate good in paper kitten in execution build we have available.

Please go ahead, try it out in any environment of the game, PvE, PvP, WvW and tell me of your results, you really think people in the Necro forums haven’t tried that out and you’re bringing something new?

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Really?
Have you actually tried to run that build?

Here something you might not have taken into consideration:

• Life Siphon has 3 1/2 second casting time (yes, 3s and an half). If you want to dodge, use DS or any utility while you’re casting, you can say bye bye to healing
  • You can’t be healed while in Death Shroud. That means that you can’t mitigate damage (Death Shroud is the main source of damage mitigation from necros) and being healed at the same time.
  • Signet of Locust is on a 60s cooldown and you need 5 enemies around to be healed for 5k HP.

3s of stability and 747 (WOW!) AoE healing are every 7 seconds only if:

1. You don’t use DS at all as damage mitigation (=> you die)
  2. You always have enough Life Force
  3. You don’t use any DS skill (since, according to you extimations, you have to stay in DS for a fraction of a second)

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

The Boz.2038

How has no one realized necro has some of the best healing in the game with great damage.

I have no words.
Tell me, is your necromancer experience measured in minutes, or seconds? Because you can’t have hours and think that is a good build… Just can’t.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Kiriakulos.1690

@Krayiss

I’m sorry but now that DS overflows, keeping yourself at low DS sounds like sheer suicide for me.
If you play like that it only takes 1 burst from an Ele or Thief to kill you.

If you let DS run out or get hit so that the CD doesn’t affect you, I imagine that you don’t even have long enough of that stability left over to actually do anything, such as cast the ghastly claws or even try to heal before that aforementioned burst wipes you out.

Can a necro bunker?

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Yes I have played it for hours but now the question for you hypocrites is have you?