Can someone please just explain this! simply

in PvP

Posted by: Silverstone.4539

Silverstone.4539

Q:

Can someone please clear this up for me because it’s confusing as hell, and a lack of understand just makes people angry, as we have been seeing in a lot of posts in the forums, myself included. Someone from Anet performable, as I have read so much hear say and gossip I don’t know what to believe anymore. just some simple questions that I’m sure a lot of people want answers too.

1) What is MMR? and can I see my MMR how is it generated?

2) how are players matched up? on my team and vs the other team.

3) am I hurting my chances of getting “good” people on my team in the future if I’m
losing almost every game right now? ( it’s not my fault really)

(edited by Silverstone.4539)

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

1. Match making rating. No.

2. Your team – by MMR. Enemy team, not by MMR but by division.

3. yes

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

3) am I hurting my chances of getting “good” people on my team in the future if I’m
losing almost every game right now?

Yes. Greatly. And this will continue till someone from ANET kicks the person who designed this system out the door.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

in PvP

Silverstone.4539

So the only way to get better MMR is to not play right now?! that’s madness. is MMR ever cleared? like a fresh start? its sounds like they are forcing the responsibility of the other 4 people of team actions on to me. solo queuing I don’t know them, I have no say how they play, why am I punished for their indiscretions? if I was on a premade team, that would be fair enough, but not solo.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

So the only way to get better MMR is to not play right now?! that’s madness. is MMR ever cleared? like a fresh start? its sounds like they are forcing the responsibility of the other 4 people of team actions on to me. solo queuing I don’t know them, I have no say how they play, why am I punished for their indiscretions? if I was on a premade team, that would be fair enough, but not solo.

MMR is also class based. So you could change to a new class at some point if you want a fresh MMR. Also different MMR for ranked and unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

MMR is also class based. So you could change to a new class at some point if you want a fresh MMR. Also different MMR for ranked and unranked.

Is MMR class based? I thought it was account based.

in PvP

Silverstone.4539

see, hear say and gossip, was hoping a developer would clear the water. I just don’t know what’s real anymore

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

Dear Anet,

Why won’t you show us our MMR?

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Afaik class MMR is tracked, but not used for matchmaking. Probably because players can swap class before/during the match.

in PvP

Posted by: Youngertwo.4956

Youngertwo.4956

This topic has been addressed before, but here is the explanation. BTW, this is far from an endorsement of the current system.

Your MMR is based on your class and ranked is different that unranked. The people on your team will have a similar MMR to yours and be within 15 pips of you. The people on the other team will have a similar MMR and be within 15 pips of each others. But the two teams MMRs are completely unrelated.

The affect of this has been that the highly rated players are getting placed on one team in the match, and the lower rated players the other. So mathematically unbelievable things are happening.

As an example, I started off like 0-20 between my two accounts. Many, many players are in the same position. There are people on the other side of the spectrum as well, that are riding 10+ game win streaks.

The hope is that the win streak bonus will move the highly rated players out of the lower tiers quickly and that eventually everyone will move to about a 50% win percentage.

The affect has been demoralizing, to say the least. In affect, the matchmaker is putting players in matches with virtually no chance of winning, then repeating the process over and over again. This continues to lower your MMR further and further.

On one of my accounts, I have been able to start winning about 40% of my matches after that horrendous start. I have climbed into emerald. This matters because i no longer get people in my groups with zero pips.

I would be very curious as to what percentage of accounts are winning less than 30% of their matches. I think that this is the true indictment of this system.

Furthermore, I think that the whole pip loss system needs to be seriously reworked if not eliminated.

As an example, if you changed it to a half pip loss instead of a full pip loss, it would dramatically improve progress. If you won 40% of your matches, it would take you almost 300 matches to complete emerald (ignoring the streak and come back pips). At three matches an hour, this is is still a serious time investment-but it is definitive progress-which matters a ton with this quantity of losses.