Can't Anet just sell all skins in its store?

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Well, just look other MOBA games like LoL, Heroes of oder and chaos , dota 2 and etc..

They sells all skins via its store, pricing between 1$~50$.
Maybe we can do same way for pvp only. just sell legendary skins or whatever in its store.
But it should be PvP only skin.

Honestly it takes like NEVER EVER to obtain legendary weapon for casual PvP user who plays like just 2~3 rounds per day. And the most problem is that there are tons of weapons skins to collect and frequent change of meta requires another tons of years to collect different legendary weapon. When they finally get that legendary weapon for specific weapon for the meta that was famous before, but new meta requires farming it again for another tons of years. This is why you just need to sell skins for PvPer only.

Thank you very much!

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

In PvP there’s the option to win tournaments for legendary skins.
Playing PvP 2~3 rounds per day casually does not make you entitled to legendary skins.

But if you really want one of those skins without putting in any effort there’s always the option of buying 15 000~ gems for real money and converting to gold and then buying the skins on the TP.

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

I just want all harvesting tools available, need/want fused logging axe

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

You can already buy legendary weapons with real money, but the cost is like 200+ €.

The effort to make a legendary in game is big, or you’re on top10 pvp players (or better, you need to join one of the two best teams) or you need to invest much time in PVE (or ingame tasks) to make a legendary weapon.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I asked for the same thing but for PvE skins to be available in store and PvP skins to be available in store….

had a looooooooooooooooot of PvE people rage at me for it as they had “earned their skins and we should do the same”…..

Personally, I just want the Luminescent Armor in Gem store, I never PvE and something that shiny is amazing, would easily pay real life money for that stuff.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Because a lot of people get things just for the skins. Why bother spending weeks working for something when someone could just come along, pay 20 bucks and achieve the exact same result. If things are easy to get, they lose value. With nothing to work for, many people would probably get tired of the game.

If it bothers you that much, you can indeed buy over hundreds of dollars worth of gems and sell them to get a legendary.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Last time I estimated, the price of BiFrost was close to 300 USD. With the price of Legendaries and precursors so ridiculous, I can see why people would be pretty angry to see reasonably priced PvP skins.

I built Rodgort, mainly because I like the skin. Someone dumped the precursor on the TP for 70 gold. Completing the map took quite a bit of time. Mastering two separate professions and materials probably cost better than 1500 gold before I was done. So, yeah.. having invested that much to own a legendary, I’d be kittened to see them proliferate.

disclaimer I did not buy any of that gold. It came from playing the game, mainly dungeons.

The good news is; If and when HoT is released, Legendary crafting becomes available. The prices on precursors may drop to something closer to reasonable. You can craft your legendary.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Last time I estimated, the price of BiFrost was close to 300 USD. With the price of Legendaries and precursors so ridiculous, I can see why people would be pretty angry to see reasonably priced PvP skins.

I built Rodgort, mainly because I like the skin. Someone dumped the precursor on the TP for 70 gold. Completing the map took quite a bit of time. Mastering two separate professions and materials probably cost better than 1500 gold before I was done. So, yeah.. having invested that much to own a legendary, I’d be kittened to see them proliferate.

disclaimer I did not buy any of that gold. It came from playing the game, mainly dungeons.

The good news is; If and when HoT is released, Legendary crafting becomes available. The prices on precursors may drop to something closer to reasonable. You can craft your legendary.

i can do buying legendary but the real problem is meta is always changing at certain interval. Should I spend like 3000$ to get just pvp skins of all legendary weapon sets for my class to catch up changing new metas?

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

buy the ones you like, if you’re going for meta weapons you’re doing it wrong. i have a legendary scepter on my ele, who cares if it’s meta as long as i like the skin.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I would be worried about them being tempted to add in older discontinued skins like my Greatsaw.

It might sound selfish, but I think having old skins that have shot up in value because of their age and rarity is a good thing. When people see my GS, they stop and go “wow that’s a rare skin!” I react the same when I see some of the other skins from past events and the like.

If you could just pony up some cash for w/e skin you want you ruin the whole “wow” factor. No one knows if you got that rare skin legitimately or if you just bought it.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)