Can we for the love of God have a tutorial?

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Please A-net can we have a tutorial? on all maps, the mechanics, and basics of the game? like no overextension and kitten alike? I’m not here to complain about this team sucks, or that team sucks. Neither do I claim to have all answers but atleast lets have this discussion.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Tutorial. If you team loses mid fight set yourself up in a corner and wall run until it is time for the next match. R will auto run if you don’t already know that.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

At the very bloody least tell new players that two people capping a point doesn’t capture it any faster.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

At the very bloody least tell new players that two people capping a point doesn’t capture it any faster.

But 3+ definitely does!

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Tutorial. If you team loses mid fight set yourself up in a corner and wall run until it is time for the next match. R will auto run if you don’t already know that.

I think players truly practice this strategy… it’s why they never reach Gold.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

Tbh, the biggest mistake ever was allowing players to gain ranks in Custom Arenas (I’m looking at you, Skyhammer suicide farm…).
If rank gains were only available from Unranked/Ranked Arena which is more serious people might have a better basic idea of how to play after reaching Rank 20 which is the requirement for Ranked… THAT would have been a “tutorial”.

in PvP

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

Or how about locking ranked until a set number of unranked matches or more have been played by a new player. In a certain popular af Moba, the bare minimum to reach ranked play is around 70+ unranked matchmake games (70 being at an 90% smurf winrate), meaning non of that custom server farming BS rank.

This will at least mean that the basics of a pvp match, such as obvious rotations, map mechanics and classes should have been learned by the player, tutorial or not.

But I do highly agree that there needs to be far more support for inexperienced players. This is not exactly your generic fight TDM arena from most other mmos.

Multiple Class Disorder

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

I have lost count of how many times this topic has come. In the past I have made significant efforts to have a tutorial. At one point, as a community, we put together a post that could’ve been stickied to help newbies. But, like every other time a tutorial is suggested, the suggestion fell on deaf ear.

Personally I’ve lost the desire to fight Anet. They have made it abundantly clear they have no desire to provide a quality pvp environment.

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

it’s been this way for years since beginning.

your solution is make some friends and made a 5 man premade team

( not sure if it’s still doable ) i haven’t done that after HOT because all my friends quitted the game

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I will never get tired of repeating this: this game needs players vs bots mode. Surely bots are easy to win against but it is great way to learn very basics of pvp. LoL has bots mode, OW has bots mode – those are first games i spammed to learn the game and classes and i think this is what gw2 needs.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

I will never get tired of repeating this: this game needs players vs bots mode. Surely bots are easy to win against but it is great way to learn very basics of pvp. LoL has bots mode, OW has bots mode – those are first games i spammed to learn the game and classes and i think this is what gw2 needs.

That sounds like fun.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Echiel.8196

Echiel.8196

That sounds like fun.

Well that would result in farming ranks…

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

That sounds like fun.

And?
yes a viable mode of learning, “farming bot mode” until rank 10 meantime you learn some basic strategies to beat the bots, going to unranked from 10 to X(bigger than the actual cap(yes the minimum cap have to be raised to difficult smurf alts)) were you polish your learnings versus humans and after to ranked
and people that only is in pvp for dailies can get in boot mode, leting unranked for practicing an for relaxed pvp, custom arenas for prearanged duels or guild/team events and ranked for competitive

in PvP

Cynz.9437

That sounds like fun.

If the rank gains abysmal, no it wouldn’t. And frankly, who cares? Ranks are pointless. Bots games are stills harder than rank farms people are doing atm (see afk HJs).

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

I agree with this need better in game stuff to teach players about each map and what the playerbase considers basic mechanics. Would even go as far to say this is needed when ppl hit level 80 for pve as well. Personally the real question I guess would be how much resources would need to be spent on this what would be pushed back and how much does the community even want it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I agree with this need better in game stuff to teach players about each map and what the playerbase considers basic mechanics. Would even go as far to say this is needed when ppl hit level 80 for pve as well. Personally the real question I guess would be how much resources would need to be spent on this what would be pushed back and how much does the community even want it.

If all they ever did came down to community vote, I’m pretty sure the majority would vote to not have SPvP.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

If all they ever did came down to community vote, I’m pretty sure the majority would vote to not have SPvP.

lol sadly this^^

All is Vain~