Can we get a congratulations to ORomNG?

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Is there anyplace in the internet I can watch it?

Since I missed due to work.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/633875031

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in PvP

Posted by: Nos.9803

Nos.9803

First and foremost, I want to congratulate ORNG on some amazingly fun and exciting matches. It was a true pleasure to be playing such amazing players at PAX. I know Tage got the mvp, but i want to point out that ROM did an excellent job at keeping his dps up and kiting when aimed.

Overall, it was by far one of the best experiences I ever had and want to thank Arena Net for creating such an amazing game and hosting a wonderful tournament.

www.Twitch.tv/Noscoc

in PvP

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Thanks to all the participants for some really entertaining matches, and congrats to Orange Logo on the hard-earned win!

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Didnt watch but just saw the result here. Glad oRNG won and really glad as they are all good guys and good players.

Dont forget there are 3/4 other teams in eu at this level. Maybe abjured suffer with no competition.

Also playing necro vs the eu meta isnt viable, and that is probs why they lost. Hard to do nething vs shout warrior/dps guard/thief who arent terrible as a necro unless your team are carrying you.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Great games. I really enjoyed watching. The comebacks between oRNG and Abjured were nail-biters. Dankening looked really improved since the WTS qualifiers and China had a good showing too.

like wtf get a LAN client pls.

It was a private server.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Huge congrats to oRNG. First 3 games were some really fun games despite them being so frustrating when losing by so few points. We had lost moral as a team by the 4th unfortunately.

Tage 100% deserved the MVP too. He’s not the greatest english speaker but he was super awesome the little he did speak to me. And of course likely the best guardian GW2 has seen.

Anyways, congrats again oRNG!

What a good sport, this Phantaram. That’s how most Americans are, tbh.

thats the exception, not the norm o.O

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

OMG the casters, not pointing on ROM stealing chief on forest, not even reacting to tage using shelter to completely negate the nade spam in choke point during the last game, come on ….

Yeah. I think the only reason you don’t see other people pointing this out is most people are used to the bad shoutcasting. I really wish someone stepped up and took it more seriously. It would make this game much more watchable in tournaments.

It’s just so strange how the shoutcasters literally never call out anything that happens in the actual fights. They didn’t say a word while Abjured was getting wiped off-point. Instead, they just call out things that everyone can see on the minimap or health bars, which don’t need to be clarified for viewers.

A lot of this has to do with the way Anet’s protocol works. They can’t just talk about anything.

We all know how much goes on in TPvP. They have to keep it generic and simple for those who either never played the game, or is new to it like most PvE players. People may not know about class specific skills too.

When there were big plays, we felt that through the shoutcasters. I thought they did a great job.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

big love to all the participating teams. i really enjoyed every minute of this tournament. especially seeing heaven and earth losing after the great first round against the dankening made me kinda sad, but then again dank were a worthy opponent for all the other teams. except abjured maybe, since they apparently know them too well. all the teams showed nearly flawless gameplay, from focus res to precise cleaves, it was all very picturesque.

gg and a big thank you to all the teams that participated in this tournament and the qualifiers for keeping up gw2 pvp and giving us spectators a really awesome time!

that svanir steal tho.... i nearly ripped off the armrests of my chair........

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Wow. Quite surprising that the Abjured dropped every single game vs oRNG. I don’t think anyone was expecting that, I personally thought it would be the opposite. I think Abjured needs to be less overconfident and really look into their rotations and teamfights. I think Phantaram especially needs to focus on being more in the teamfights and supporting DPS instead of being 1v1 hero, and Nos just needs to position better. I think the way that Abjured plays vs NA teams kind of spoiled them, they aren’t used to teams that really know how to fight their team comp.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Someone tell Toker that he needs the Mohawk back.

in PvP

Posted by: Bee.6239

Bee.6239

Its like NOS forgot how to play

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Huge, huge respect to ORNG, they played fantastic.

To people jumping on the anti-abjured bandwagon though; you have to appreciate that 3 out of 4 of the matches today were come from behind victories. If you think there’s problems with Abjured’s comp or roster, you’re delusional. Abjured made mistakes, and they lost for it.

I’d go so far to say that the Orng comp was actually inferior. The reason they won was amazing teamwork, and critical clutch plays. I think Eurantien called it actually: What beats Abjured is perfectly played zerk pressure. Orng wasn’t perfect today, but they had enough moments to throw Abjured off balance.

(edited by Brigg.6189)

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Awesome to see the sportsmanship from Phanta and Nos in this thread. That’s professionalism right there.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

OMG the casters, not pointing on ROM stealing chief on forest, not even reacting to tage using shelter to completely negate the nade spam in choke point during the last game, come on ….

Yeah. I think the only reason you don’t see other people pointing this out is most people are used to the bad shoutcasting. I really wish someone stepped up and took it more seriously. It would make this game much more watchable in tournaments.

It’s just so strange how the shoutcasters literally never call out anything that happens in the actual fights. They didn’t say a word while Abjured was getting wiped off-point. Instead, they just call out things that everyone can see on the minimap or health bars, which don’t need to be clarified for viewers.

A lot of this has to do with the way Anet’s protocol works. They can’t just talk about anything.

We all know how much goes on in TPvP. They have to keep it generic and simple for those who either never played the game, or is new to it like most PvE players. People may not know about class specific skills too.

When there were big plays, we felt that through the shoutcasters. I thought they did a great job.

Come on now. That protocol doesn’t stop Blu from doing amazing job. Kaelaris is not 24/7 GW2 shoutcaster and he’s relatively new, so it’s understandable. But Jebro, no offense, it just… he doesn’t see a lot of things and it’s not rare that when he does see them he misinterprets them. I don’t want to be a kitten towards him, but that’s the way i see it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

This case is closed boys, I do feel about as good as winning it feels.

Sorry you couldnt taste it nos, but ORNG deserved it :P.

I’m not a good sportsman and I feel bad for it, but karma is a kitten. You gloated over me for months, right?

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I’m not a good sportsman and I feel bad for it, but karma is a kitten. You gloated over me for months, right?

lol
edit: x10

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

in PvP

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Epic fights all.

this WTS is so far better than the last, great fights from Abjured & Orng logo.

you all did a fantastic job and made a great show.

and for the haters heres a Packet of Salt.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Epic fights all.

Speaking of haters, you’re also referencing me in your signature even though I have no idea who you are

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I bet you had a big smiley when you saw the score of 2nd match :v

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Furious.2867

Furious.2867

OE is not a snob and he answered my random engie questions on mapchat like 2 yrs ago. He admits he’s not a good sportsman but the guy is very approachable in-game

Turret Engie, 13 Nades Engie, MM Necro Hambow, P/P Thief, PU Mesmer
Condi & DPS Ranger, Spirit Guard

in PvP

Posted by: Hatter.8159

Hatter.8159

Downstate Necro 2015 Meta Confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Congratulations to oRnG. Especially on the next level Frae/Tage pain train synergy, and the R O M dream escapes and banners.

Hopefully see you next time for the tiebreaker

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I wonder if it was weird asking Toker to carry the trophy back to the hotel

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

congratz to OE
/15

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

kick nos add oe = win.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

kick nos add oe = win.

I personally wouldn’t want to go back to such team and play with such people. It’s toxic on it’s way and butstabers are butstabers.

It would be more productive to create new team from scratch.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

Congrats guys, the oRNG -Abjured games had some insane plays, very nice advertising for this game. Also the production of the show was miles ahead of china’s from what I’ve seen.
Especially nice were the short introduction vids. I have found 3 of them in the vod, but can anyone tell me where the dankest introduction is located at?

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

I personally wouldn’t want to go back to such team and play with such people. It’s toxic on it’s way and butstabers are butstabers.

It would be more productive to create new team from scratch.

Nobody mention Dodge or Die.

in PvP

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Great games. I really enjoyed watching. The comebacks between oRNG and Abjured were nail-biters. Dankening looked really improved since the WTS qualifiers and China had a good showing too.

like wtf get a LAN client pls.

It was a private server.

I am 99% certain they were not. Jebro was using his actual live account and had all his contacts logging in and out, you could see it in the first game when his chat was up, indicating they were playing on the live servers.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in PvP

Posted by: mantik.1603

mantik.1603

congrats oRNG! i liked to watch this- i hope the game will get more attention after HOT hits- the tournament games are really thrilling and fun to watch imo

in PvP

Posted by: Cuchulainn.7421

Cuchulainn.7421

Congratulations! Great matches. Comeback of Orange was intense!

Orange played extraterrestical well particulary the last match. Some of the best i ever saw !

Marvellous!

(edited by Cuchulainn.7421)

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Congratumalations oRNG! Much esports!
To Abjured fans: They still won thousands of dollars playing this tiny game with its tiny scene and noncompetitive game mode! Looks to me like everybody’s a winner here! Except the Asians!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Epic fights all.

Speaking of salt, that “omelet” sure required loads of it. I guess in an alternate reality killing a guy once makes you better than him.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Epic fights all.

Nice RP name

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

I would like to congrats all team.
Plenty of suspens…best advertise for the pvp scene
I would like also to congrats phantaram for his respectfull behavior while this time he didn’t win….this is the quality of great champions.

(edited by Kicast.1459)

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

This WTS was crazy. Those matches were basically non-stop fighting and the turn-arounds were just… O.o. Well fought on all teams and it was interesting to see how each team compo played out.

One thing to note is that when you’re a thief, a meditation guardian can pose problems. When you’re a condi Necro OR anything else condi, a shout warrior can pose problems. oRNG had both a medi guard and a shout warrior, and abjurned had a thief and a condi Necro. Whether the Abjurned had a condi engi or condi Necro, the outcome would have likely been the same.

Both teams are excellent – can’t wait to see moar!

Epic fights all.

Speaking of haters, you’re also referencing me in your signature even though I have no idea who you are

my signature ? i just like a well done Omelet, you need a bit of salt to make one though.

bon appétit

Well done sir, well done XD

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

in PvP

Posted by: NitroApe.9104

NitroApe.9104

Grats to oRNG
aka
Team Comeback

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Awesome games. Game 3 is unbelievable.

Thanks for hosting such event

in PvP

Posted by: PsyKoOz.8701

PsyKoOz.8701

get REKT NA
attachements: http://i.imgur.com/bjXW6hj.gif

in PvP

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Such games, much amaze. WOW

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in PvP

Posted by: Arjuna.3894

Arjuna.3894

the Finals (german shoutcast)

http://youtu.be/x_o7luUg404

gz
orange logo

in PvP

Posted by: December.3946

December.3946

I think they’d see a huge improvement if they just replaced Nos. He’s just not good. Being bad at positioning as a necromancer is being bad at necromancer. Maybe they can bring Ostrich Eggs back, since they clearly did better with him.

Nos’s positioning may have not been the best, but you need to understand the synergy between instant cast burst. He was forced into melee fights because DPS guard and a D/P thief automatically puts him on the defensive.
He is presented with 2 choices: kite AWAY from his teammates OR run onto the point where his teammates could provide heals for him. Having Ostrich Eggs on the team may not give the Abjured the advantage since Oegg’s playing style is reckless to say the least. DPS Guard and D/P Thief annihilate any Cele class. The only reason why this doesn’t happen on NA is because 1. Tage is a god ( I love you Tage) 2. NA has little team coordination due to volatile relationships.

Physicks [The Dankening]

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Any Mesmers in these games?

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

lol wtf, I thought I was the only one. Hi, Rome.

Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Supcutie was playing mesmer for The Dankening

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Supcutie was playing mesmer for The Dankening

1!

Awesome, good to know…

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

lol wtf, I thought I was the only one. Hi, Rome.

How many are u there wtf?

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

…something about not enuf mesmers…

ha, find me now!

Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

…something about not enuf mesmers…

ha, find me now!

even if i find you, you gonna sr….

theef op nerf plz u.u

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: December.3946

December.3946

Nos’s positioning may have not been the best, but you need to understand the synergy between instant cast burst. He was forced into melee fights because DPS guard and a D/P thief automatically puts him on the defensive.
He is presented with 2 choices: kite AWAY from his teammates OR run onto the point where his teammates could provide heals for him. Having Ostrich Eggs on the team may not give the Abjured the advantage since Oegg’s playing style is reckless to say the least. DPS Guard and D/P Thief annihilate any Cele class. The only reason why this doesn’t happen on NA is because 1. Tage is a god ( I love you Tage) 2. NA has little team coordination due to volatile relationships.

I don’t think that’s how it played out. He was focused so easily by melee because his positioning was bad. Yes, it’s very likely he would have had to run into melee at some point to get support from his teammates. But he always made it easy for the melee classes by literally running into their range at the start of every fight. That’s pretty much all you can do wrong as a necromancer.

In respond to “But he always made it easy for the melee classes by literally running into their range at the start of every fight,” Thief has roughly 1800 melee range with Signet and Steal (a daze + a fear skull), and DPS Guardian has 1200 range instant teleport. I don’t think any Necro enjoys getting Ring of Warding’d and gets gassed by blackpowder (Fear Mark, Chill Mark, etc gets blinded) while panic strikes proccs.

Physicks [The Dankening]