Can we get all the amulets back now?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Now esports is dead can you add the amulets back so we can have some build diversity again?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

So u want to see shoutbow warrior rule the world again?

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

S1 shoutbow warrior meta never forget

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

At least you can play a variety of builds. ATM there is 1 build per class so they could balance for their failed esports. Well it failed now so lets get the amulets back

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

At least you can play a variety of builds. ATM there is 1 build per class so they could balance for their failed esports. Well it failed now so lets get the amulets back

That isn’t how it works. If you bring back all of the removed amulets then all you do is invite stronger builds back to dominate the meta again, and those builds end up being the only build you can play competitively. You’ve traded one set of singular builds for another.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

All of the removed amulets where problems in regular play, not just ESL.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

That isn’t how it works. If you bring back all of the removed amulets then all you do is invite stronger builds back to dominate the meta again, and those builds end up being the only build you can play competitively. You’ve traded one set of singular builds for another.

No usually most classes have a dps and a bunker spec this way. There will always be a best best ofc but this way there will be more builds to play that are at least reasonable.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

enable all the removed amulets in unranked and hotjoin.

you can keep your ranked queue “balance”

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Every amulet back except Cele amulet (it allows to much hybrid stuff, while we need more non-hybrid builds) wouldnt be bad I think.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Every amulet back except Cele amulet (it allows to much hybrid stuff, while we need more non-hybrid builds) wouldnt be bad I think.

u WANT merc reaper/mes again? u WANT cleric ele back??

Please think before agreeing with crazy suggestions, ty!

I wouldn’t mind the return of some amulets, but definitely not all of them by a long shot.

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

Yes! +1. Enough of your “competitive” PvP bs. It’s time to go crazy and bring amulets and runes/sigils you have deleted from PvP back to the game!

Atleast it would be fun! Then just add class stacking restriction to teams so if warrior is little OP, there wouldnt be atleast more than 1 in each team! That would be fun! I have had enough of this 8 piece meta where you cant really carry your team without HoT specs.

Or add them to unranked and see if any class is OP, and if not, add them to ranked too!

Fun fun fun! I didnt have any problems from S1-S5 metas, but from S4 to S6 its been pretty same boring gameplay. Except for necro and warrior.

People don’t care about “competition” anymore. Those guys will leave this game anyways. Rest just wants to have some fun while playing.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

+1

Would love all the amulets back even just in unranked or hotjoin.

#makepvpFUNagain

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

More build diversity but a lot less fun/interesting

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Agreed.

And I dont think people enjoy non-tanky amulets because you just insta die in this meta. Let people run around and have fun with their sustain specs if they want to give up dps for it.

Only reason they removed the amulets was to make their failed esports better to watch. It failed anyway. So lets get some fun back in the back. Sentinal amulet please come back.

This is one of the MANY benefits we can get now esports is no longer killing this game.

Edit: and it shouldnt be unranked and hotjoin only. That is a ton of extra coding work to enforce and its pointless anyway. let people play ranked with their bunker guardian if they want to.

Insta dying to thief/mesmer spikes out of stealth really isnt fun….

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Agreed.

And I dont think people enjoy non-tanky amulets because you just insta die in this meta. Let people run around and have fun with their sustain specs if they want to give up dps for it.

Only reason they removed the amulets was to make their failed esports better to watch. It failed anyway. So lets get some fun back in the back. Sentinal amulet please come back.

This is one of the MANY benefits we can get now esports is no longer killing this game.

Edit: and it shouldnt be unranked and hotjoin only. That is a ton of extra coding work to enforce and its pointless anyway. let people play ranked with their bunker guardian if they want to.

Insta dying to thief/mesmer spikes out of stealth really isnt fun….

+1

in PvP

Crinn.7864

There won’t be any more diversity. People forget that when builds come into meta, they typically push other builds out of the meta.

This fantasy that some people have about diversity is nothing but a myth grounded in a total misunderstanding about how the meta works.

YouTube

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

There won’t be any more diversity. People forget that when builds come into meta, they typically push other builds out of the meta.

This fantasy that some people have about diversity is nothing but a myth grounded in a total misunderstanding about how the meta works.

I am not talking about the meta dude. I am talking about options. More options = more fun. I dont care what the meta is like, and nobody should seen as this game has no esports scene. You are proving my point. The meta doesnt matter. Fun matters. Options matter. You cannot play a tanky necro atm because of no amulets. Would it be good or meta? NO. I say it again: NO. But it would be fun to play around with and have some FUN. Gasp The meta doesnt matter.

The meta would change. Whatever, I dont care. I could play an off-meta build and not insta die.

in PvP

HeadCrowned.6834

I wouldn’t mind the return of some amulets, but definitely not all of them by a long shot.

Merc was introduced when a lot of other decent amulets already were removed. I doubt it will be that powerful again when older amulets (such as settlers and soldiers) will be introduced again. I’d rather have them put every amulet back than doing nothing. We have so many amulets that are totally useless right now, it is pretty hysterical and illustrative for the lack of vision in the PvP team. Adding some amulets is step 1, nerfing a lot of traits/utilities to reduce the OPness of certain amulets would be step 2. Build diversity is not a myth, it has been made a myth by Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Now esports is dead can you add the amulets back so we can have some build diversity again?

I would prefer pve copy/cat version of itemization than the current amulet system.

In a RPG the balance is made around attributes with soft cap, hard cap and diminishing returns.

Using those parameters in a spvp only environment would help to balance the classes with their own set of attributes.

No grind involved, I want to have 4 berzerker armor part with knight mixed in for some point holding and be done with it. That kind of system would open up viability of all ROLE for each classes.

The OP combo, would form the next META but at least build diversities would be much more viable on none-meta than what we got right now. And so, people would be able to creatively counter the META with another stat COMBO. Doing this, would bring back the evolving META in players hand. Not that kitten of nerf and buff we have, programmer trying to create META is completely counter-productive… the META game is what should make the game re-playability and it does in real game with freedom of choices in the players hands.

The amulet system is a bandaid put because the spvp team couldn’t balance the attributes system properly in BETA (time, talent or intellectually challenged…) . Continuing over that failed path for a failed solutions is pointless.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

add dire too lol

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

If the game is going to have kittenty balance, might as well let us have kittenty balance with our own personal builds.
Rather they do that then struggle to balance this game every 6 months.

in PvP

HeadCrowned.6834

If the game is going to have kittenty balance, might as well let us have kittenty balance with our own personal builds.
Rather they do that then struggle to balance this game every 6 months.

+1.

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

That’s not how build diversity comes about…

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Merc was introduced when a lot of other decent amulets already were removed. I doubt it will be that powerful again when older amulets (such as settlers and soldiers) will be introduced again. I’d rather have them put every amulet back than doing nothing. We have so many amulets that are totally useless right now, it is pretty hysterical and illustrative for the lack of vision in the PvP team. Adding some amulets is step 1, nerfing a lot of traits/utilities to reduce the OPness of certain amulets would be step 2. Build diversity is not a myth, it has been made a myth by Anet.

It doesn’t matter what the name of the amulet is, if you add in cancerous stat combinations you are going to have LESS fun overall. There was a reason they were removed. I wouldn’t advocate for adding Celestial back into the mix, unless you enjoy every game going to timer.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It doesn’t matter what the name of the amulet is, if you add in cancerous stat combinations you are going to have LESS fun overall. There was a reason they were removed. I wouldn’t advocate for adding Celestial back into the mix, unless you enjoy every game going to timer.

Celestial shouldnt come back, too many raw stats. All the others are fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

no thanks…. don’t want to see shooutbow war, cleric/cele ele, Mercenary Necro/Mes back again.

yeah no thanks.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Now that game has been powercrept, yes bring back everything.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Keadron.9570

Bring back ALL amulets

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

This idea is even worse than making gw2 am esport in the first place soooo…. Really bad.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

What? As a warrior you have at least three top builds, as a Mesmer you have at least two, as a guardian there are two builds, same goes for necro (may be even three). Haven’t tried ranger this season. But.. that’s more than one build per class.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

no thanks…. don’t want to see shooutbow war, cleric/cele ele, Mercenary Necro/Mes back again.

yeah no thanks.

As i suggested, add all amulets and class restriction to ranked! I want to see those wacky builds and some bunker others than ele, and seeing how ppl would learn to play other than just “whackwhack, Im power warrior/necro/DH/scrapper!”

Only amulet that wouldnt be added back would be celestial because one class shouldnt be able to do everything.

in PvP

Keadron.9570

yeah no thanks.

As i suggested, add all amulets and class restriction to ranked! I want to see those wacky builds and some bunker others than ele, and seeing how ppl would learn to play other than just “whackwhack, Im power warrior/necro/DH/scrapper!”

Only amulet that wouldnt be added back would be celestial because one class shouldnt be able to do everything.

Nope if you want all amulets then it’s all amulets. Ele isn’t the only class that used cele and it has recieved quite a few nerfs since then.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

This idea is even worse than making gw2 am esport in the first place soooo…. Really bad.

Well leaving it like it is means you’ll only be playing with yourself soon enough.

So what’s worse, lots of ‘OP’ builds and lots of people having fun or the same ol crap that’s bleeding players that will soon enough fully kill PvP and leave you with the same 15 people to PvP with?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

HeadCrowned.6834

What? As a warrior you have at least three top builds, as a Mesmer you have at least two, as a guardian there are two builds, same goes for necro (may be even three). Haven’t tried ranger this season. But.. that’s more than one build per class.

lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Well leaving it like it is means you’ll only be playing with yourself soon enough.

So what’s worse, lots of ‘OP’ builds and lots of people having fun or the same ol crap that’s bleeding players that will soon enough fully kill PvP and leave you with the same 15 people to PvP with?

It won’t work either way looking forward imo.
If you bring back every amulet all that will happen is a rise of bunker specs like we’ve had in the past. That’s for sure. And I’d rather have a bit overtuned damage but at least be able to kill my enemy than to tickle each other for 15 mintues.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Lets bring back minstrels amulet. Nothing bad could possibly happen with that.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Muy.3170

Muy.3170

Let us be honest, it’s not the amulets that are carrying players. It’s the very strong active traits that activate when someone activates something that’s a utility or special class mechanic.

Looking at you Druids with taunt pets, Shout Tempests, Condi cleanse shatter mesmers, and headshot spamming pulmonary impact. Seriously if they’d just balance the classes they could give us any stat type imaginable, shoot they could give us 3212 total stats to allocate anywhere, and make a maximum allocation of 1200 and suddenly you can have any stat type. Easy peasy fix class specific strong as all mighty traits.

in PvP

Posted by: Savvy.3258

Savvy.3258

But that would require more work than saying, “well, certain professions are insta-dying so we’ll introduce say paladin’s amulet, there now it’s balanced”. It’s a cheap non-fix.

I’d like to see amulets with variable stats. Perhaps certain categories like condition + vitality, or power + precision, and the remaining two stats in each amulet could be allocated as one pleased within a certain stat limit.

For instance, before deadshot amulet many condition builds were not viable because of the “apply on crit” traits, although there were condition amuelts with no sustain. Right now, there’s no way to make a decent passive condi passive heal build (not great in either, sufficient in both to be pesky), but having variable amulets would be a start to introducing more diversity.

I’d like to see it, don’t think it’s gonna happen.

in PvP

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

Personally would like to ditch the amulet system completely and go to open full gear builds. . . or maybe split the amulets into 2-4 amulet slots so that we can experiment with different stat combos instead of being locked in to a “sport” like arrangement as it is now.

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Personally would like to ditch the amulet system completely and go to open full gear builds. . . or maybe split the amulets into 2-4 amulet slots so that we can experiment with different stat combos instead of being locked in to a “sport” like arrangement as it is now.

Yes lets go to open gear like WvW, because WvW totally doesn’t have massive gameplay and balance issues caused by said open gearing.

YouTube

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

It would be so fun again, honestly they need to make it happen, give people options now the terrible esports is gone

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Yes lets go to open gear like WvW, because WvW totally doesn’t have massive gameplay and balance issues caused by said open gearing.

Even in its current state (which the real issue is just having low population) I find WvW way more fun, and I dare to say that it also has way more active players over PvP.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Brigantia.5746

Brigantia.5746

Build diversity died the day they forced everyone to commit to 3 full trait lines instead allowing players the options to mix and match their points into different ones.

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Build diversity died the day they forced everyone to commit to 3 full trait lines instead allowing players the options to mix and match their points into different ones.

I miss the days of theory crafting and seeing videos of all kinds of builds people came up with. Now people just pull whatever they find off of metabattle and harass anyone that tries anything different. It’s kind of sad, really.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I warned them it would ruin diversity before they did it and they even replied to me: “It’s too soon to tell”.

I replied that no it isn’t “too soon to tell” and that they were making a big mistake if they don’t even know what the outcome will be. Thus followed the big balance mess that lasted almost 2 years so far… Because they couldn’t see clearly and their mindset was set on marketing instead of being focused on the gameplay.

They naively played with what kept this game together without having any idea what it was or why it worked. They really do deserve everyone leaving shortly after HoT.

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I agree with the proposal. We need more build diversity.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

That was not true. For example, I was playing mesmer back in the days when you chose for 14 traits. And there were three traits mandatory(shattered concentration, deceptive evasion, illusionary persona) that forced you to go in to a 4/4/6 build that everyone runs.

Yeah, you could still play PU mesmer or lockdown mesmer. But they were merely for-fun build just like today’s second tier builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

No, thank you. I am not missing bunkerfest from previous seasons. Those amulets were removed for a reason.

What would improve build variety is removing elite specs from pvp.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Crinn.7864

What would improve build variety is removing elite specs from pvp.

I’m pretty sure removing elites would remove diversity.

without DH burn guard becomes the only viable guardian build.
without reaper, power necro loses viability and all necros have to go condi.
All engis go back to P/P
Thieves are going to be running d/p as always.
Condi warrior ceases to exist.
Revenant loses any claim to viability without Herald.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Don’t listen to this guy, he is clearly insane. Bring all the amulets back!

Muhahahahahaha!

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds