Can we get new meta healers?

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Isn’t it about time we get more meta healer options that aren’t limited to aurashare tempest?

I thought firebrand might have been the answer to that but the base healing and coefficients on f2 are abysmal and druid is mainly used as a roamer/bruiser.

Occasionally i like to switch to tempest when i notice my team is too squishy (necros, mesmers, thieves, although tempest+base warrior is bunk city and i love it ) but I’d like it if i had more options when deciding to go healer besides tempest.

What do you guys think keeps ventari rev, mender druid, and old school bunker guard from being viable aurashare tempest replacements?

in PvP

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Might be better to wait till After the expansion hits to see what happens

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

ppl QQ about bunker support rev… try that. not good cleanser as ele but better healer on point.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Well, we did already get to test drive the new elites a bit in pvp though. Firebrand could work if it had better healing scaling on tome of resolve and maybe if the mantra heal also healed allies aside from giving aegis (would have to be a very moderate heal so it’s not overpowered since it triggers pure of heart).

Scourge is an interesting one. It has potential as a support spec. Not really healing but by letting allies take care of themselves by providing barriers, but i think most people played it as a condi nuker who uses barriers selfeshly.

in PvP

messiah.1908

Well, we did already get to test drive the new elites a bit in pvp though. Firebrand could work if it had better healing scaling on tome of resolve and maybe if the mantra heal also healed allies aside from giving aegis (would have to be a very moderate heal so it’s not overpowered since it triggers pure of heart).

Scourge is an interesting one. It has potential as a support spec. Not really healing but by letting allies take care of themselves by providing barriers, but i think most people played it as a condi nuker who uses barriers selfeshly.

necro will be the bunker meta healer and resser. he cant cleanse as ele does but can negates lots of dmg. few played it and manage to do 1v3 on a point. i think it will be the new chrono bunker (necro getting portal too) so hope over the QQ train ….

firebrand has less healing output but have more stability, quickness, regen and aegis on top the healing part so can be powerful supporter. has nice condi cleasne.

support rev already starting to making an entrance especially with it kb. with renegade atm with its high nrg demands wont we used. although some renegade skills can be nice support on point.

in PvP

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

ppl QQ about bunker support rev… try that. not good cleanser as ele but better healer on point.

Good choice. It gets many ppl salty. First time I encountered it on the other team I was like whattttt? I actually laughed pretty hard.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

People cried rivers when Auramancer Ele appeared. This despite the fact it did negligible damage. I, for one, would love to see Monk come back. It’s one of my dual mains in GW1 to this day. ( The other is Mesmer.)

Still.. the appearance of an old style Monk or Paragon would require a whole new paradigm in GW2 PvP. It would light up this and the reddit forums with tears for months.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

messiah.1908

People cried rivers when Auramancer Ele appeared. This despite the fact it did negligible damage. I, for one, would love to see Monk come back. It’s one of my dual mains in GW1 to this day. ( The other is Mesmer.)

Still.. the appearance of an old style Monk or Paragon would require a whole new paradigm in GW2 PvP. It would light up this and the reddit forums with tears for months.

whats funny anet when publish GW2 state that every class can play each role

thief – dmg roamer for 3 years with d/p
ele – short time for s/f dmg dealer. mainly d/f support (monk)
guard – had it all bunker, dmg, condition, support
warrior – sustain mainly with condi and power
engi – sustain mainly, used to be condi
ranger – short time dmg, mostly support and bunker these days
mesmer – had it all bunker, dmg, condition
necro – mainly condition, short time power.

so each team had to choose ele or druid. same basic of gw1.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

whats funny anet when publish GW2 state that every class can play each role

thief – dmg roamer for 3 years with d/p
ele – short time for s/f dmg dealer. mainly d/f support (monk)
guard – had it all bunker, dmg, condition, support
warrior – sustain mainly with condi and power
engi – sustain mainly, used to be condi
ranger – short time dmg, mostly support and bunker these days
mesmer – had it all bunker, dmg, condition
necro – mainly condition, short time power.

so each team had to choose ele or druid. same basic of gw1.

Yes, as I pointed out obliquely, Auramancer Ele began to be the new monk. Support guard or rev is arguably able to fill the Paragon role.

Sadly Auramancer got cut to pieces because of the tears. There’s nothing in the current game that is equivalent to say, a UA monk or Paragon with fast resurrect.

The return of Monk, for real, would be a game changer.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Lilyanna.9361

Lilyanna.9361

Lmfao healers.
I’ve grown used to the fact Anet despises anything that doesn’t pump out damage.
Support? What’s that?
We had more people QQ about healer classes than the ridiculous damage classes, and now y’all wanna QQ saying there needs to be new meta healers?
Nope, PVP people on the forums are like the crazy ex:
One minute they are crying in your arms saying they need you, but the next they are trying to slice your tires of your car.

Inb4 magi’s gets taken out of the game for some strange reason and all there is left is mender’s.

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

I believe that none of the elite specs in PoF are leaning towards healing, so no.

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

I believe that none of the elite specs in PoF are leaning towards healing, so no.

I thought Scourge was a support spec?

in PvP

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

One day the Med Kit Engineer will rule everything.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

The largest barrier scourge can apply is 6k and that’s with menders, and the barriers all expire in about 5 seconds.

It’s trash level support. It doesn’t provide any mitigation, important boons (can only give might) or meaningful healing. It’s also the slowest spec in the entire game. (reaper has noticeably better mobility, and reaper is the slowest class on the live game)

The only thing support scourge is actually decent at is rezzing, but being good at rezzing is pointless when the scourge is going to be the first to die in every fight. The only way to make support scourge work is if you brought another support to support the scourge.

The other problem is that sPvP doesn’t offer the correct stat amulets to make scourge support work.
Scourge support requires:
Healing Power (because barriers and transfusion scale off of healing power)
Vitality (because Vit stacking is necessary in order to remain LF stable.)
Toughness (because you need to damage mitigation to increase the value of your barriers, otherwise scourge will be a easy focus kill)

However that stat combo only exists in WvW and not sPvP, so support scourge is basically dead on arrival.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in PvP

messiah.1908

scourge is more bunker than support. low cleanse with shades. but can buff you team with more than 10k barrier if played right. which mean tank more dmg.
so instead of healing he gives short heals which drain in 5 sec.
so the enemy team have to save their burst after the barriers.
also great resser so the enemy team will have to put 1 man on him to cc him at the right time.
yes it will be a thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Reaper can have a good mixed Debuffer and Support Build
Scourge will be like Tempest, great heals, good cleanse but without stability.
Firebrand could have a support Burnker with empowered Virtues/Tomes.
Revenant is a good healer and can mitigate damage via Protection/Blind spam.

But Meta? nope.

in PvP

messiah.1908

revenant pushing back inside the meta with its kb. with good team coordination it works wonder.

scourge will be a point bunker and semi support. its cleanse are slow and a few. more boon removal and barriers provider and great resser.

firebrand can be healer support. low heal output but more dmg mitigation throughout aegis spamm.

ele will have hard time i guess with no stability and spellbreaker with a necro pushing them hard.

sum it up: druid will stay the same, ele the same, maybe few ventari, and scourge

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I admire your optimism! I’m sure your dreams will come true one day.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Kuya.6495

I tried to run a healer druid and it was a disaster. So based on those experiences, here are some suggestions:

druid has a lot of burst heal potential but once that is down you are useless and you can’t even defend yourself if you decided to take glyphs and verdant etching. Tempest has a burst heal in the form of wash the pain away but what really helps it is the sustained healing it can put out through auras. druid lacks sustained healing.

1. druid can get more sustained healing if you make verdant etching healing instant rather than delayed.

2. because druids have far less glyphs than tempest has auras to keep up sustained healing, it’s justified to increase the healing on verdant etching to about 2k. To balance this out without making meta bruiser druid stronger, you can split verdant etching into two effects. one heal for the druid for 1k, and outgoing healing to allies is 2k.

3. druid has a bigger problem managing condis than tempest does. tempest has earth traits, water attunement and earth focus 4 to help cleanse besides shout cleanse. in order to promote druids being willing to give up the condi cleanse signet for a glyph, verdant etching condi cleanse should be increased to 2.

4. Druid doesn’t have an emergency burst heal and relies on having avatar form ready to do this. this puts it at a huge disadvantage when compared to tempest. my suggestion is to switch the effects of the glyph heal. make it heal allies for a large amount when out of celestial avatar. make it heal the druid for a large amount when in celestial avatar form. you already have plenty of team heal on avatar form, the glyph heal healing allies for more in this state is overkill. it is needed when out of celestial avatar form.

5. in order to promote druids being able to use glyphs to make use of verdant etching, druids need a glyph that also provides access to stability to replace the current shout elite. making the glyph elite provide stability allows a druid to take more glyphs and allowing them to actually provide sustain healing, the same way a tempest does with auras.

6. an additional change i would suggest is to buff invigorating bond. make it a 3k heal for allies when a pet uses a beast ability and a 1k heal for the druid (to avoid buffing it as a bunker). if you take the sylvian hound, that’s a nice 5k heal for allies which further cements druid’s role as the burst healer over tempest. i think this is justified since tempest still has more utility: it has more projectile hate. druid only has staff 5. so it’s justified to give the druid access to a second burst heal. i would also suggest making the heal center on the druid, but it could be considered balanced to force the druid to put the pet on passive in order to use the heal properly (preventing them from using the pet to attack, like the current meta druid does).

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Good nuke healers with the right builds are:
Druid
Guard (aegis heals build with aegis spam)
Necro (transfusion build)
Ele
Rev

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Its kinda early to say, but based on what Ive seen and played with in the beta weekend, Support scourge probably won’t really be a thing. It has definately more support than normal necro’s, but other classes can fit the support role better, while the necro/scourge optimal role is different than supporting.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

So since the meta right now is to complain about ventari, I’m gonna take this opportunity to make suggestions on how to make it a better healer.

Ventari rev: in general i think the problem this spec has with beingg a healer is that it has no sustained healing. Only healing in burst which is no good in pvp. But ventari rev has a much bigger issue that the entire rev profession suffers from: no way to regain energy and no way to create real synergy between the stances.

1. i think that in order to give ventari better sustained healing, it needs two things. one is to make the staff auto heal up to 3 allies near the rev. no more orb drops. just make it so every staff hit heals up to 3 allies for 600-800 with 1k healing power. Next make it so ventari’s will leaves behind a light field where it crosses that pulses the healing (base is 800 according to wiki) rather than when the tablet passes over someone. this avoids the overly complicated mechanic of having to spam the heal skill over and over to obtain any semblance of sustain which is too clunky. have the tablet leave a field where it passes that pulses healing. i am not set on the duration of the healing field and i leave that to the devs. i believe that being able to put down healing fields of 800hp/s plus an auto attack that heals nearby allies for 600-800 will fix the sustain healing issue.

2. revs need mechanics that allow energy gain rather than solely relying on changing legends or auto attacking. my suggestion is to make it so every minor in every trait line offers a specific mechanic in which energy can be gained. they should all have reasonable icds. For example, make ventari minor that gives back energy on ally rez. shiro minor that gives back energy on enemy kill, etc.

3. if you switch from ventari to any other legend you cease to be a healer. this is a problem because sometimes you need to change legends for energy. there should be an effect that triggers every time you switch from one legend to the next that allows you to maintain its mechanics. if you change from ventari to any other legend, you should produce an aoe field centered on you that pulses 1k-2k healing and alacrity for about 5-10 seconds duration. similarly:
a. switching from shiro: 100% crit chance for 5-10 sec
b. switching from jalis: pulsing aoe stability for 5-10 sec
c. switching from mallyx: all attacks apply confusion and torment for 5-10 sec.
d. switching from glint: extend duration of ally boons around you by 5-10 seconds
e. switching from kalla: all attacks you make apply bleed and burning for 5-10 seconds, allies around you gain alacrity for 5 seconds
d. switching from ventari: pulse healing to allies around you for 1k-2k and alacrity for 5-10 seconds.

4. remove knockback from energy expulsion. keep the orbs. give aoe invulnerability for 3 seconds. raise energy cost and raise cd. consider removing the effect that causes it to deplete all energy if a prohibitive energy/cost change is made to compensate.

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in PvP

messiah.1908

So since the meta right now is to complain about ventari, I’m gonna take this opportunity to make suggestions on how to make it a better healer.

Ventari rev: in general i think the problem this spec has with beingg a healer is that it has no sustained healing. Only healing in burst which is no good in pvp. But ventari rev has a much bigger issue that the entire rev profession suffers from: no way to regain energy and no way to create real synergy between the stances.

1. i think that in order to give ventari better sustained healing, it needs two things. one is to make the staff auto heal up to 3 allies near the rev. no more orb drops. just make it so every staff hit heals up to 3 allies for 600-800 with 1k healing power. Next make it so ventari’s will leaves behind a light field where it crosses that pulses the healing (base is 800 according to wiki) rather than when the tablet passes over someone. this avoids the overly complicated mechanic of having to spam the heal skill over and over to obtain any semblance of sustain which is too clunky. have the tablet leave a field where it passes that pulses healing. i am not set on the duration of the healing field and i leave that to the devs. i believe that being able to put down healing fields of 800hp/s plus an auto attack that heals nearby allies for 600-800 will fix the sustain healing issue.

2. revs need mechanics that allow energy gain rather than solely relying on changing legends or auto attacking. my suggestion is to make it so every minor in every trait line offers a specific mechanic in which energy can be gained. they should all have reasonable icds. For example, make ventari minor that gives back energy on ally rez. shiro minor that gives back energy on enemy kill, etc.

3. if you switch from ventari to any other legend you cease to be a healer. this is a problem because sometimes you need to change legends for energy. there should be an effect that triggers every time you switch from one legend to the next that allows you to maintain its mechanics. if you change from ventari to any other legend, you should produce an aoe field centered on you that pulses 1k-2k healing and alacrity for about 5-10 seconds duration. similarly:
a. switching from shiro: 100% crit chance for 5-10 sec
b. switching from jalis: pulsing aoe stability for 5-10 sec
c. switching from mallyx: all attacks apply confusion and torment for 5-10 sec.
d. switching from glint: extend duration of ally boons around you by 5-10 seconds
e. switching from kalla: all attacks you make apply bleed and burning for 5-10 seconds, allies around you gain alacrity for 5 seconds
d. switching from ventari: pulse healing to allies around you for 1k-2k and alacrity for 5-10 seconds.

4. remove knockback from energy expulsion. keep the orbs. give aoe invulnerability for 3 seconds. raise energy cost and raise cd. consider removing the effect that causes it to deplete all energy if a prohibitive energy/cost change is made to compensate.

this is the reason why i use jallis with ventari. i can support while not healing
i put stability which proc weakness which is less dmg, i use rotgd which is less dmg for 5 sec , use staff 4 for 2k heal, use shield 4 for 2k heal and switch back to ventari.
ventari is a sustain healer and atm the most stronger one . it doesnt have burst heal.
the main problem ppl have with it is the kb
guard with shield and scepter can kb off point and immobilize you to decap
staff ele the same
necro fear chain you to decap
engi kb
ranger kb and immobilize
atm ventari is the best in kb and decap points. but it leaves him so vulnerable with no nrg. and usually puts you in solo situation as in team fight you will stay with no nrg to support your allies.
i would want the EE elite to be 5 sec cd and cost 30 nrg. cleanse 3 conditions aoe. also the trait momentary pacification should be 10 sec cd and the immobilize should be immediate. this way bunker rev could take this trait over healing traits and play decaper and not support.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

repent sinners!

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE