Can we normalize burn?

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

The title says it all, if we cant which im 100% sure cos evry thing in this game takes half a year, anyone can recommend me a non Asian good mmo focuses on pvp?(so no big melons plíz)

Also Eso population, talking about cyrodil, any of you playing it, opinions?

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

cant say for population of eso but there are completely insane passive procs that ruin that game (even tho they’ve been nerfed recently). if youre good enough it will be less of an issue but still it looks really bad. haven’t actually leveled up far enough to try it but ive looked at the skill descriptions, equated it to hp levels in videos I watched, and finally roamed the forums. I don’t think I’m going to bother leveling up any further.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

High burn durations was worthless before the changes. Now we have certain builds that’s actually viable. Though power is arguably still better.

I suggest playing that 2nd or 3rd best pvp game after gw2,

• Blade & Soul is “a better pvp game” but I could not get into it and bots can literally play for you on certain builds.
  • ESO’s pvp is limited to their WvW type gamemode. It has a better pve aspect though, imo.
  • WoW is the same ol’ game but you’ll keep on buying a new game every 3 months just to keep playing it. (Sub fee)

I’m waiting for Star Citizen. It’s like a Sims + Halo + COD + Eve Online got together and had a baby. It’s not an archaic, medieval mmorpg game like GW2 but the FPS and dog fights is their pvp system. And of course what ever else happens in the persistent pve/pvp universe.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

not sure why I feel like sharing this but I think the best pvp game ive ever played was global agenda. it was (dead game) a combination of a third person shooter, 10v10, mmorpg based classes and gameplay, but the whole time it felt like halo. here is some footage I recorded of what it was like. sorry about the quality.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Menyus.4610

Thx for responses, decided to take a look on Star Citizen

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

The title says it all, if we cant which im 100% sure cos evry thing in this game takes half a year, anyone can recommend me a non Asian good mmo focuses on pvp?(so no big melons plíz)

I play Cyrodiil AvA in ESO. Tho I will say. Just to get the gear and Champion Points to become competitive in Cyrodiil is a very long road in it’s own right. ESO is a MMORPG that harms the causal and I can’t be bother to get gud type players. It empowers the players who put forth massive time and effort into improving. ie. 8v100 and winning, the 8 being dedicated try hard PvPers and the 100 being the casual no skill, just spam numbers zerglings.

If you are truly looking to open up a dialog. On the topic you can find me on this Discord server https://discord.gg/QX4HM
ESO and GW2 are polar opposites far as which players they invite to compete.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I play Cyrodiil AvA in ESO. Tho I will say. Just to get the gear and Champion Points to become competitive in Cyrodiil is a very long road in it’s own right. ESO is a MMORPG that harms the causal and I can’t be bother to get gud type players. It empowers the players who put forth massive time and effort into improving. ie. 8v100 and winning, the 8 being dedicated try hard PvPers and the 100 being the casual no skill, just spam numbers zerglings.

If you are truly looking to open up a dialog. On the topic you can find me on this Discord server https://discord.gg/QX4HM

You probably didn’t hear about ESO xpac. They have new pvp battlemodes on the way: 4v4v4. I think there is still hope on that side.

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Condition burn is already spread evenly over the range of the burn duration (as apposed to spikey dmg from power dmg) so what do you mean by normalization?

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

You probably didn’t hear about ESO xpac. They have new pvp battlemodes on the way: 4v4v4. I think there is still hope on that side.

Yeah, for those that don’t know, You can get ESO for free until April 18th, so now is a good time to give it a try. Then in June the expansion will hit and ESO will have 4v4v4 battlegrounds. If you’re looking for a replacement to GW2 PvP, ESO will probably be your best bet.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Menyus.4610

Condition burn is already spread evenly over the range of the burn duration (as apposed to spikey dmg from power dmg) so what do you mean by normalization?

Not dealing 4k / second

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Not dealing 4k / second

Yeah, you should just cleanse that.

Gate of Madness

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Menyus.4610

Thx with 3k matches behind me i never thought about this, man thank you u changed my life…

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

Thx with 3k matches behind me i never thought about this, man thank you u changed my life…

No problem man. Just glad I could help another player realize how conditions work.

Gate of Madness

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

not sure why I feel like sharing this but I think the best pvp game ive ever played was global agenda. it was (dead game) a combination of a third person shooter, 10v10, mmorpg based classes and gameplay, but the whole time it felt like halo. here is some footage I recorded of what it was like. sorry about the quality.

I used to play that game too, was great fun but kinda limped out of development and seemed like the creators didn’t have time or money to really keep at it. Logged in a few years back and it was incredibly dead, think I saw 1 other person and we both backed away nervously.

Loved bombercon and nanite healer.

On topic, I just think some skills need their stacks/durations adjusting tbh so you might have lower stacks but longer durations.

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

vesica tempestas.1563

Not dealing 4k / second

yup should have cleansed that. You think that’s worse than someone bursting you for 15k+ from a normalisation perspective?

but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

ESO pvp is garbage even worse than spvp or wvw but their questing is incredible so still worth a play. tbh WoW arenas are really fun and competitive but the random grind for gear kills it for me, if you can get past that you will not regret getting some buddies together and doing 3v3 or rated battlegrounds.

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

People seem to have the idea that Conditions aren’t supposed to be lethal.

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Menyus.4610

They supposed to be but bot in seconds, condi burst is a dead idea and should have been never implemented.

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

vesica tempestas.1563

They supposed to be but bot in seconds, condi burst is a dead idea and should have been never implemented.

4k a second is not ‘burst’ because you are SUPPOSED to cleanse it. a power build that hits you with huge spikes of damage is however not ‘normalised’

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

4k a second is not ‘burst’ because you are SUPPOSED to cleanse it. a power build that hits you with huge spikes of damage is however not ‘normalised’

You can’t compare these. Conditions stack up and tick every seconds while you can keep attacking. A cleanse only cleanse a few of them and if you’re out of cleanse you can’t use dodging skills to survive, you just die because someone used a cheesy lame build.

Power burst happen once and then everything is back on cool down. A block usually blocks everything for a few seconds so you don’t get piled up with attack damage like with condi. This is what made WvW playable for squishy classes in the first 2 years. Because of the condi buffs it’s no longer possible to play zerk d/d ele for example (was viable even in WvW zerg fights), one of the most fun builds GW2 has been gone for years. Build variety went way down as cheesy condi builds took over.

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

You can’t compare these. Conditions stack up and tick every seconds while you can keep attacking. A cleanse only cleanse a few of them and if you’re out of cleanse you can’t use dodging skills to survive, you just die because someone used a cheesy lame build.

Power burst happen once and then everything is back on cool down. A block usually blocks everything for a few seconds so you don’t get piled up with attack damage like with condi. This is what made WvW playable for squishy classes in the first 2 years. Because of the condi buffs it’s no longer possible to play zerk d/d ele for example (was viable even in WvW zerg fights), one of the most fun builds GW2 has been gone for years. Build variety went way down as cheesy condi builds took over.

Yeah, conditions stack up, meaning you were hit multiple times to allow those conditions to reach high enough stacks to be lethal. Conditions tick while players can still attack, so what? Can power builds not crit you for 4-8k or whatever in a single hit and keep attacking? My Ranger can, my Necro can. What’s the problem here? You say when you run out of cleanses you can’t dodge and avoid the damage from the conditions already on you, dear god that sounds so broken. Tell me, after you take a 4k power shot to the face, do you dodge and magically get that health back?

Power burst goes on cooldown after the burst, what do you think happens after a condi burst. When an Engi drops a bunch of burning on you with Incendiary Ammo, you think because it is a condition damage attack it magically has no cooldown? And blocks, why even bring that up? You do realize that you have to be hit by an attack to have conditions placed on you right? It doesn’t just magically happen. You can block, evade, invuln, los, etc on condi attacks just like you can power attacks.

In PvP, how many professions are running condi meta builds? 2, maybe 3? Everything else is power. WvW, that’s always been a hot mess, however power roaming builds still coexist with condi roamed builds just fine.

The bulk of the issue here isn’t that conditions are overpowered. It’s that players hate dying to conditions. Now if you want to argue that maybe specific professions/builds have too much condi application, then sure I can agree with that. But that isn’t an issue specific to conditions in general.

Gate of Madness

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Rukia.9860

If you’ve played any MMO before even GW1 you know conditions are not supposed to burst at all, they are something that screw you in the long run not kill you in seconds because you didn’t cleanse. Condition should be pressure for enemy team not ridiculously powerful. I wish condi was normalized by pips of health loss like in GW1, that was honestly the perfect design.

I don’t really care cuz the way GW2 is designed but you can’t deny it is cheesy as kitten lol

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

If you’ve played any MMO before even GW1 you know conditions are not supposed to burst at all,

If you played any MMO you should know that MMOs should be vertical progression with gear grinds.

wait

Precedent is not a rule. The idea that DoTs can’t burst is not a rule. Anet chose to be innovative rather than shoehorning everything into decades old tropes.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Rukia.9860

If you’ve played any MMO before even GW1 you know conditions are not supposed to burst at all,

If you played any MMO you should know that MMOs should be vertical progression with gear grinds.

wait

Precedent is not a rule. The idea that DoTs can’t burst is not a rule. Anet chose to be innovative rather than shoehorning everything into decades old tropes.

So… using a decade old balanced system is not ok because it’s better to be different for the sake of being different? Nice argument. You should apply for ANet lol.

All I’m saying is condi should have ramp up time, not bomb someone instantly.

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

wait

So… using a decade old balanced system is not ok because it’s better to be different for the sake of being different? Nice argument. You should apply for ANet lol.

I’m kinda saying the same with different words. It makes no sense to have conditions burst as much as raw damage; and the loss of build variety for classes like the elementalist demonstrate that failure in design.

It’s also extremely frustrating to die simply because conditions piled up faster than your cleanses cooldowns and not because you didn’t time a dodge right.

It removes skill out of the fights and turns it into a build wars game.

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

wait

I’m kinda saying the same with different words. It makes no sense to have conditions burst as much as raw damage; and the loss of build variety for classes like the elementalist demonstrate that failure in design.

It’s also extremely frustrating to die simply because conditions piled up faster than your cleanses cooldowns and not because you didn’t time a dodge right.

If you are dying to a condi burst and you’ve used up your cleanses, you probably didn’t time a dodge right.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

wait

If you are dying to a condi burst and you’ve used up your cleanses, you probably didn’t time a dodge right.

^Pretty much this. If you died to conditions, fact is you were either hardcountered (such as Engi vs Necro) or you were outplayed. The sooner you accept this, the less frustration you’ll have.

And all of these comments saying conditions are cheesy or broken simply because they shouldn’t be able to burst someone down like a power build can just supports my statement that the issue isn’t with conditions, the issue is with players unable to accept the fact they died from condition damage.

In GW2, condition damage is an alternative to power damage, it’s time you guys start accepting that. It’s no more cheesy than being burst down by a power build. Could some classes use some more balancing? Sure (both power and condi). But are conditions cheesy or overpowered? No.

Gate of Madness

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

snipples

with some meaningful updates and actual moderating against hackers that game could have been magnificent. I think the backing for it dried up so they rushed it. then there is the culture of “release and repeat” (tribes, smite), where games aren’t treated like living things but rather 5$ bulk flea market bananas. not entirely their fault since making a game is a massive undertaking. also firefall came along and carved out some of global agendas potential market as well.

any who, condi specs aren’t op in pvp, but they are in large scale wvw. just learn animations and dodge.

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: JusticeRetroHunter.7684

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

You’re delusional if you don’t think burn, or any condi burst is a major problem.

I literally cant exit shroud and cast my cleanse fast enough when i get hit with 20 burn stacks because i attempted to rez someone. They stopped the rez. Okay, but now i’m punished by taking 50k damage in seconds because i attempted a rez.

I played burn guard for a while. It was fun seeing everyone die to 20 burn stacks, all at once. But honestly burn is a kitten mechanic and should be difficult to apply if it’s going to be so lethal. I literally face roll my keyboard and the burns pile on.

The only thing that really can contend with burn guards are auto-cleansing classes, like Ele and guardian (go figure).

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

You’re delusional if you don’t think burn, or any condi burst is a major problem.

I literally cant exit shroud and cast my cleanse fast enough when i get hit with 20 burn stacks because i attempted to rez someone. They stopped the rez. Okay, but now i’m punished by taking 50k damage in seconds because i attempted a rez.

I played burn guard for a while. It was fun seeing everyone die to 20 burn stacks, all at once. But honestly burn is a kitten mechanic and should be difficult to apply if it’s going to be so lethal. I literally face roll my keyboard and the burns pile on.

The only thing that really can contend with burn guards are auto-cleansing classes, like Ele and guardian (go figure).

Ooh ooh ooh, lemme try. You are clearly delusional if you think burn, or any condi burst in general, is a major problem. Yay! Look at that fact that I just used right there. Go me for helpful contribution to the thread! ^.^

On a serious note, why are you trying to rez when you are being focused down on a necro? Also, how is that any different from a power based burst build taking you down while you are trying to rez? You see the bias here? On a Necro of all classes, if you can’t condi cleanse/transfer at the proper times, you are doing it wrong.

Now for your burn guard….lol. I’m sure you had a bunch of fun thrashing some noobs with a burn Guard, and for some reason you now think burn Guard is a prime example of an overpowered condi class. According to you, only Guardians and Elementalists can beat them. I will take your personal experience and counter it with my own personal experience, burn Guard is a one-trick pony that is easy to counter. In fact, I have done so with my Engineer, Ranger, and Necromancer. When you know what to look for and stop doing stupid things, like hitting the Guard when he is blocking or taking the bait and blowing your cleanses on weak condition stacks, then it is real easy. And sure, my Necro will have an easy time with just about any condi class, but my Engineer and Ranger have far less condi management and yet I still find the burn Guard to be an easy fight.

Again, just accept the fact already the condi damage is an alternative to power damage and can actually kill you.

P.S. – I would love to see this footage of you pwning noobs on a burn Guard by simply rolling your face across the keyboard. You know, since you literally do it. ;P

Gate of Madness

(edited by Shaogin.2679)

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Why are you trying to rez with a necro while getting aggressed? You should literally never do a unprotected rez with any kind off heavy DPS class sitting on you. Let the classes with invuls do that stuff.

YouTube

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

Why are you trying to rez with a necro while getting aggressed? You should literally never do a unprotected rez with any kind off heavy DPS class sitting on you. Let the classes with invuls do that stuff.

Under normal circumstances, if you are a necro in full shroud, with stability up, it would be ideal for you to rez.

But when your shroud gets depleted so fast by burns….

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

wait

The “Trinity” is not a confirmed 100% perfect “balanced system”. It’s just a concept class idea that most mmorpg games use because it’s Easy and everyone knows it.

What he is saying is the trinity system is just a concept idea. GW2’s system is indeed innovative because… how many games can you list who’s mmorpg balance system is just like GW2? Few, if any at all.

The point went way over your head bub.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Under normal circumstances, if you are a necro in full shroud, with stability up, it would be ideal for you to rez.

Warriors, trapper guards, thieves, necros of either condi or power, and mesmers would wipe the floor with a necro ressing like that.

Also stability in shroud isn’t much protection, some builds can just CC spam through that protection, thieves can rip it, and necros can corrupt it.

Moreover if you are determined to get that rez, you should have backed off the second the burn guard aggressed instead of trying to push a rez that was already going to fail.

YouTube

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

Warriors, trapper guards, thieves, necros of either condi or power, and mesmers would wipe the floor with a necro ressing like that.

Also stability in shroud isn’t much protection, some builds can just CC spam through that protection, thieves can rip it, and necros can corrupt it.

Moreover if you are determined to get that rez, you should have backed off the second the burn guard aggressed instead of trying to push a rez that was already going to fail.

This was a 2v1. Me rezing someone who died to a burn guard, and then i died to the burn guard.

And i wasn’t determined to get the rez. I literally went to rez him for one second, and i was hit with 20 burn stacks. I backed off immediately to try and cleanse but i was taking what…10k per second? I had almost no time at all to do anything…

and lastly, no, a necro can certainly outlive cleave from most of those classes for a period of time. The most difficult…if not impossible is burn guards, full on trap guards, and staff thieves.

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

Btw don’t get me wrong, i don’t think Burn guards are overpowered. Most burn guard builds have easy counters (ele and guardian cleansing, warrior resistance, necro’s if they can cleanse or transfer fast enough, Rangers, and a few others.)

It’s just that burn application, along with a lot of other condi-burst is…well… not normalized with direct damage at all. If you have one or two cleanses (thieves have only one cleanse btw) then you are literally kittened once those run out….there is no amount of dodging, no amount of defending, no amount of protection or invulnerability that will un-kitten you from your inevitable death… and if someone comes to rez you? Big mistake… but hey balanced game right?

Burn guards just happen to be the worst offenders, with the cheesiest play-style. They have cheesy block mechanics that prevent transfers, and they basically block/invuln while their burn ticks your for 5k every second.

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Rukia.9860

wait

The “Trinity” is not a confirmed 100% perfect “balanced system”. It’s just a concept class idea that most mmorpg games use because it’s Easy and everyone knows it.

What he is saying is the trinity system is just a concept idea. GW2’s system is indeed innovative because… how many games can you list who’s mmorpg balance system is just like GW2? Few, if any at all.

Has nothing to do with trinity.. we were discussing condition systems until he made a completely unrelated dumb comparison.

bub lol kay grandpa

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

wait

Has nothing to do with trinity.. we were discussing condition systems until he made a completely unrelated dumb comparison.

bub lol kay grandpa

The forums are fun! Here, let me break this down for you for educational purposes.

If you’ve played any MMO before even GW1 you know conditions are not supposed to burst at all, they are something that screw you in the long run…

You assume there’s this secret rule that MMO games have to absolutely use this DoT mechanic. Like it’s written in stone or something. He replied to you, saying as much. He is directly referring to your point so yes, he’s right on topic.

Don’t worry, millennial like yourself will eventually be capable of following conversation without throwing a currupt boon on yourself. It just takes experience, bub.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Crinn.7864

This was a 2v1. Me rezing someone who died to a burn guard, and then i died to the burn guard.

And i wasn’t determined to get the rez. I literally went to rez him for one second, and i was hit with 20 burn stacks. I backed off immediately to try and cleanse but i was taking what…10k per second? I had almost no time at all to do anything…

and lastly, no, a necro can certainly outlive cleave from most of those classes for a period of time. The most difficult…if not impossible is burn guards, full on trap guards, and staff thieves.

If you legitimately had over 20 burn stacks, you where killed by Plague Signet. Burn guard rarely gets over 16 tops.

Plague Signet’s passive draws condi from allies, so if you had it up it likely drew the burns off of the downed guy thus doubling the damage you where taking.
I’ve actually gotten over 32 stacks of burn before all because of Plague Signet’s passive.

YouTube

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Rukia.9860

wait

bub lol kay grandpa

The forums are fun! Here, let me break this down for you for educational purposes.

If you’ve played any MMO before even GW1 you know conditions are not supposed to burst at all, they are something that screw you in the long run…

You assume there’s this secret rule that MMO games have to absolutely use this DoT mechanic. Like it’s written in stone or something. He replied to you, saying as much. He is directly referring to your point so yes, he’s right on topic.

Don’t worry, millennial like yourself will eventually be capable of following conversation without throwing a currupt boon on yourself. It just takes experience, bub.

aww grandpa please don’t be mad not sure why you on his willy so hard but it was unrelated stupid comparison like I said rekt you both haha gg ezpk newb git gud ez boys ez

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

If you legitimately had over 20 burn stacks, you where killed by Plague Signet. Burn guard rarely gets over 16 tops.

Plague Signet’s passive draws condi from allies, so if you had it up it likely drew the burns off of the downed guy thus doubling the damage you where taking.
I’ve actually gotten over 32 stacks of burn before all because of Plague Signet’s passive.

I don’t run plague signet. I run a shoutmancer build with soldier ruins (to cleanse condi’s instantly with shouts.)

Unfortunately for me, all my shouts were on cooldown. But yes, i had 20 burns. I should have taken a screenshot really, it was that obscene. 51k damage from nothing but burns on my death meter.

Like i’ve said, i’ve played burn guard, it’s very easy to get 20 stacks on a stationary target (which would have been me in this example)

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

wait

bub lol kay grandpa

aww grandpa please don’t be mad not sure why you on his willy so hard but it was unrelated stupid comparison like I said rekt you both haha gg ezpk newb git gud ez boys ez

Nothing to reply except for insults to give. Typical and expected. I’m embarrassed for replying to a troll who has nothing to debate.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Menyus.4610

Power Damage: Can be reduced by toughness, weakness condition makes it a joke, protection decrease it by 33% or 40%, without precision it isnt a real deal, without ferocity it wont be a burst, you need a LOS or target for them to hit.

Condition Damage: Cant be reduced by stats (no primary or secondary), resistance boon reduce its damage by 100%, most of the conditions apply a special effect next to their primary damage, no primary stats needed to buff its damage furthermore, duration can be extended by expertise stat but not a must stat, in wvw it is advised however because of the foods, you dont need a target or los after u applied them

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

Power Damage: Can be reduced by toughness, weakness condition makes it a joke, protection decrease it by 33% or 40%, without precision it isnt a real deal, without ferocity it wont be a burst, you need a LOS or target for them to hit.

Condition Damage: Cant be reduced by stats (no primary or secondary), resistance boon reduce its damage by 100%, most of the conditions apply a special effect next to their primary damage, no primary stats needed to buff its damage furthermore, duration can be extended by expertise stat but not a must stat, in wvw it is advised however because of the foods, you dont need a target or los after u applied them

A big LOL to this, the tipical misconception of biased people:
Power damage aplly a big amount of dmg in the moment of the hit
condi dmg aplies the dmg over time but you have to hit
condi dmg needs condi power to do dmg, presicion for “on crit” procs and sigils, and condi duration for staking, condi duration is not critical cuz the big amount of condi clears(most classes have also automated condi clear procs) but is needed to presure properly
condis whith a side effect have reduced dmg if side effect dont trigger

the only big problem with condi builds is mass combat(wvw and pvp big 3vx or more ) where you can get big stacked condi without great animation telegraf cuz majority of condy classes aplies it whith ranged attacks

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Menyus.4610

condi dmg needs condi power to do dmg, presicion for “on crit” procs and sigils, and condi duration for staking, condi duration is not critical cuz the big amount of condi clears(most classes have also automated condi clear procs) but is needed to presure properly

the only big problem with condi builds is mass combat(wvw and pvp big 3vx or more ) where you can get big stacked condi without great animation telegraf cuz majority of condy classes aplies it whith ranged attacks

What if told you not evry power build kills you in a milisecond?
What if i told you that not all power skills kitten you hp?
What if i told you however 1 bleed stack(6s) is still 582 damage no need to crit, no need to use one more stat to increase that crit damage, cannot be reduced, and basically 1 bleed is nothing in terms of conditions

Im so biased…

PS: My fav damage type is condition damage I just know when its hialrious and when its need a nerf, i dont want nyenyenyenye but Test of faith does 4k too IDC both should ne nerfed power and condi creep too, stop this power is stronger dont nerf condi bullkitten.

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

What if told you not evry power build kills you in a milisecond?
What if i told you that not all power skills kitten you hp?
What if i told you however 1 bleed stack(6s) is still 582 damage no need to crit, no need to use one more stat to increase that crit damage, cannot be reduced, and basically 1 bleed is nothing in terms of conditions

Im so biased…

PS: My fav damage type is condition damage I just know when its hialrious and when its need a nerf, i dont want nyenyenyenye but Test of faith does 4k too IDC both should ne nerfed power and condi creep too, stop this power is stronger dont nerf condi bullkitten.

condi dmg cant be reduced yes, but can be negated after aplication( condi clear) power dmg not, this is the reason why there are not reductions, if they can be reduced and negated after they will become a joke

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

When condi builds are stacked they gain massive bonus from the active effects of Virtue of Justice.
And it’s a smart thing to use it on downed thanks to Renewed Justice trait.

People should think about condi like poison:
if it’s strong or not traeated even a very small dose can kill

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: Omatsuri.4250

Omatsuri.4250

There are some effects which reduce condition duration like rune of Hoelbrack. It affects overall damage you will take from conditions. On top of that we have some specific effects to reduce condition damage (see necro’s Corrupter’s Fervor for example).
Btw, i still don’t understand: do u have problems with burning in general or only with specific condition build like condi guardian? I have seen a lot of posts about scary almighty guardians but i haven’t seen posts about condi elementalist or revenants which have access to burning too. Furthermore, it will be pretty hard to found at least 1 elementalist in game who uses build with “broken” burning.

(edited by Omatsuri.4250)

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

We just need to compared the game to before and after the condi buffs:

Before = fun, with build variety
After = not fun / frustrating, with no build variety

Can we normalize burn?

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

We just need to compared the game to before and after the condi buffs:

Before = fun, with build variety
After = not fun / frustrating, with no build variety

there is plenty of build variety. almost every class has at least 2 builds they can use.

im bad at sarcasm