Can we please at least hotjoin during queues?

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

For the upper ends of the pvp community, queue times are beyond miserable. This is getting to a level where the ratio that we spend in queue in game is about 2-20/1.

We spend literally 15 minutes onwards to the extreme of 2 hours + just to get a game. We do it faithfully and accept our queues, so afking should not be a problem if we are simply given the ability to access the game while we wait. AFKing becomes a bigger problem at this point when we can do absolutely nothing but stand in heart of the mists.

Seriously A-net, this is one of the reasons why I quit before. I’m begging for quicker pops and a way to stay in game without having to wait hours a day alt-tabbed.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Nope. Esports more important.

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

Consider bumping my long writeup on the issue: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Queuing-Outside-of-HotM/

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Consider bumping my long writeup on the issue: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Queuing-Outside-of-HotM/

I SAID ESPURTZ MORE IMPORTANT!

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

I would be streaming and making esports, but solo queueing netted me this…

Attachments:

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Sin Siduri.6302

Sin Siduri.6302

I can’t upvote this enough! Que times for upper tier diamonds are INSANE!!!!!! 45 minutes on average to get a match, WTF!!

We are literally forced to que with lower division players if we want to play at all. It’s like they want us to find another game to play…

Attachments:

(edited by Sin Siduri.6302)

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Again, this would further ruin anything that’s left of hotjoin.

This is the entry point for the majority of the new players, and between mini WvW zerg train, multicap, beast ganking, spectator slot battle, broken maps and 4v5 99% of the time it’s already enough of a horrible tutorial as it is.

Queue time at higher levels is a real issue, but i don’t think (re)adding queue pop leavers on top of what’s detrimental to players learning in hotjoin would be a good solution.

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Again, this would further ruin anything that’s left of hotjoin.

This is the entry point for the majority of the new players, and between mini WvW zerg train, multicap, beast ganking, spectator slot battle, broken maps and 4v5 99% of the time it’s already enough of a horrible tutorial as it is.

Queue time at higher levels is a real issue, but i don’t think (re)adding queue pop leavers on top of what’s detrimental to players learning in hotjoin would be a good solution.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Is hotjoin really the entry point for new players? I can’t imagine it is. The UI points you towards Unranked as a new player far more then it does Hotjoin.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

For the upper ends of the pvp community, queue times are beyond miserable. This is getting to a level where the ratio that we spend in queue in game is about 2-20/1.

We spend literally 15 minutes onwards to the extreme of 2 hours + just to get a game. We do it faithfully and accept our queues, so afking should not be a problem if we are simply given the ability to access the game while we wait. AFKing becomes a bigger problem at this point when we can do absolutely nothing but stand in heart of the mists.

Seriously A-net, this is one of the reasons why I quit before. I’m begging for quicker pops and a way to stay in game without having to wait hours a day alt-tabbed.

I’m convinced that the only way to get the developers attention to do/fix anything is by the complete absence of everyone remotely related to pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Wesley.5749

Wesley.5749

I’m convinced that the only way to get the developers attention to do/fix anything is by the complete absence of everyone remotely related to pvp.

Let’s start a strike?

Almighty – Best Team North Africa [NA]
twitch.tv/Lord_Almighty

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

I would be streaming and making esports, but solo queueing netted me this…

I SAID EEEEESPPPPUUUURTZ! Nothing else matters but Esports.

I’m T4 and I could make my way to upper diamond, it’ll lower queue times but I’m not playing matches in a broken PvP. I gave up PvP when we lost a match because a teammate got trapped inside a wall.

Why try when PvP is a complete joke?

in PvP

Posted by: NineNair.5238

NineNair.5238

The only way out right now is to queue with lower rank but then people at lower rank are qq’ing hard. FeelsBadMan

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Can’t support this enough. But extend it again to total freedom of hotjoins, PvE, WvW, and so on…There is no good reason not to, despite how many excuses they try to make.

And yea to support your other point, it is hard to stream this when most of it is you standing/jumping around in the lobby. Opening up the game again will give streamers more capabilities to entertain, and this likely leads to more viewers…more viewers = esports? (Working to the same goal anet is trying or pretending to try to have here).

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Can’t support this enough. But extend it again to total freedom of hotjoins, PvE, WvW, and so on…There is no good reason not to, despite how many excuses they try to make.

And yea to support your other point, it is hard to stream this when most of it is you standing/jumping around in the lobby. Opening up the game again will give streamers more capabilities to entertain, and this likely leads to more viewers…more viewers = esports? (Working to the same goal anet is trying or pretending to try to have here).

omg you know nothing about Esports. Esports is when you say you are Esports, offer money AND DO NOTHING ELSE!