Can we please have a pvp tutorial mode?

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Instead of whining. I want to offer a suggestion. Can we all have like a proper pvp tutorial mode that is repeatable. and outlines the basics in several tiers of difficulty? So that new and veteran players have something new to learn myself included. I’m not doing too terribad atm, however the focus should not lie with me as I’m sure i make mistakes and can improve. I will keep the complaining short. So bassically I breezed from amber all the way to tier 4 saphire. I had a few losses and all of a sudden I notice what i’d call an influx of new players. Seemingly

>I saw staff guardians more and more in my team. sometimes not even running shouts but spirit weapons or signets

>A core warrior running 2 sword, and a rifle. running a marauder amulet build and rune of the berserker. claiming he can do quite a bit of bleeding damage at 15 stacks. which is sole condition aside from the tormnet offered from the offhand sword. I try to explain him that it won’t work as it can get cleansed easily and that no player will just wait here for you to deal those stacks. Also they are better weapons with higher damage modifers for the marauder amulet. Well after a nice convo it sseemed he was adamant in his build so i left it at that.

>2 necro’s going far. geting insta kitten d for like no good reason whatsoever.

>Offpoint figthing.

>10 secs wipe on mid(all 4 downed). I cannot ress them as there is lots of cleave I disengage cap far. fight 3 guys for 20 secs, get the neutralize and die.(there is prolly a better tactic)

Look I’m not having a big losing streak. Not at all. I’m having a 50 percent winrate. Unfortunately it’s W,L, W, L , W, L and not W,W,W or L.L.L. Ok but that’s not the problem i want to adress. And I never actually rage, dc or afk unless said player start raging at me. I will not ever hold it to players for making such mistakes as yes I too can improve. What however frustrates me is the pathetic state the tutorial is in. And how it litterally throws new players in the lions den.

Like seriously there is hardly a pvp tutorial which isn’t even repeatable.

The npc’s are still core classes even this far in the game. I honestly find it a waste really to see staff guardians core guardians with signets and spirit weapons in saphire division. While I know that a quick look at meta battle could net a new player with so much more effective build. Espically since newer players think of DH as OP due to the traps it would really even out odds. And what if those new players make it to ruby with thier signet staff guardians? Well appearantly some of them have. looking at some threads here.

This is what i suggest.

>At moment a new player enters pvp ,thier basic standard pvp build is a stadard current meta build. If however the player has Hot. it will be the best core build of a previous or current meta. For example, Hot players have meditrapper and core have dps medi marauder guardian.

>Repeatable tutorial mode. A tutorial mode divided into several sections of quests one can complete.

Bassically

:Rotation

:Combat

:Map awarness and Map effects(includes positioning and kiting.)

:Basic overall current class meta information,hardcounters.

: In depth elite and core(previous) meta build guide.

: simulated practice match vs npc’s mimicking current meta builds.

:communication

:after match combat statistics

I honestly feel that so much more can be acomplished by adding this.

in PvP

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

would be alot of work for them. But maybe they can set different groups of training npc’s, (new players don’t want heavy npc’s) ex. 3 lvls easy, hard, very hard (npc’s interact etc). Rotation y lol, rotation is something you can’t put in a tutorial, rotation is adaptive and also somethimes personal preferences (causing some people don’t fit together sometimes).

(edited by RedZebra.2345)

in PvP

would be alot of work for them. But maybe they can set different groups of training npc’s, (new players don’t want heavy npc’s) ex. 3 lvls easy, hard, very hard (npc’s interact etc).

Ok if they cannot afford a tutorial mode, Give new players average mmr, do not seperate solo que and team que.

Then atleast edit the training npc’s for kitten sake. And the very least make the standard build for each class similar to the current meta build. And not some stupid mix and mash. Because that mix and mash is where the player with average mmr is going to work with till he finds out that there are more effective builds. I’m not good enough to carry. But atleast good enough to not die instantly, disenage when need to, stomp when need to, kite, and go out los. hold. not fight offpoint. If the effort for a tutorial is too much. Atleast make the standard builds closer to current meta for Hot. And closer to the previous meta for core game players.

in PvP

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

raging won’t help:), but you a have big point saying there should be better support for new players, but also for veterans. Everything changed in the game everywhere new aditions. On the pvp part training camp is less then it was at start.

in PvP

would be alot of work for them. But maybe they can set different groups of training npc’s, (new players don’t want heavy npc’s) ex. 3 lvls easy, hard, very hard (npc’s interact etc). Rotation y lol, rotation is something you can’t put in a tutorial, rotation is adaptive and also somethimes personal preferences (causing some people don’t fit together sometimes).

true rotation is more something adaptive indeed. But u can learn basic rotational strategies. and atleast learn what helps and what doesn’t. I believe the bare basics of everything including rotations can be compressed in a tutorial. To atleast stimulate the process of problem solving and considering variables in decision making. Infact QQ more net has the mantra, Where not to rotate. It’s not exactly a guid but rather it opens you up to thinking differently. with a small explanation. It’s bassically akin to a drivers license exam. Learn in such a fashion to the basics and u atleast will prevent offpoint figthing when it’s not nessisary. It was in one of my matches litterally why we lost. 476 -500.

While matches are not blowouts. or lessend and less agressive then season 2 something i comment a-net on. We could atleast try to lessen the gap for average and newbies by other means since mmr is similar.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

We need this so much. Having games where people don’t know how to call targets, or even that you have to press T even though it shows up on the screen is crazy. Also that points only cap at one speed, so people who double cap know there is no need.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|