Can we please stop sitting on homepoint?

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

It’s really getting out of hand with people who think they’re “bunkering” home point. All you’re doing is making your team out numbered in every single fight.

Vipassana

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

But Bro; I held home all game.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It’s really getting out of hand with people who think they’re “bunkering” home point. All you’re doing is making your team out numbered in every single fight.

Generally speaking, its the safest way to go about things at a low level if you have no idea what you are doing. I also see a lot of players who cap home and then go fight mid with the rest of their team and blatantly ignore home while it gets capped because “hey guys I’m helping the fight mid”, even though a 4v5 in yoloQ takes ages to win, and by the time you do you’ve been down 0-2 in caps for like 5 minutes.

Being a side bunker is something that takes a while to learn, especially for lower players, because unless you understand how to rotate you’ll get back capped all the time, and then it doesn’t matter if you were 4v5ing mid for a few seconds. Rotations take the longest of any other part of the game to learn (in my opinion) and that position involves a lot of need for smart movement, whereas everyone else (again at not-top levels) basically just runs in a big group to wherever the teamfight is.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Blizt.3086

Blizt.3086

And sometimes you also have to factor in opposition’s team setup as well.

If there were 2 thieves on their team, it’s often necessary to have someone stayed home all the time, even if that could mean the bunker would have nothing to do or the team getting outnumbered.

Have seen way too many matches where 4 people went to mid but was at a stalemate, then the bunker at home felt like he should help out instead of sitting on point doing nothing, so he left. Then a thief sneaked to home and de-capped it, now the team is left with no point while the opposition at least have their home cap ticking (worse is that they also have mid, making that 2vs0 cap).

Obviously, that still doesn’t mean a bunker shouldn’t go to mid at all when there’s thief on opposition team, but if the bunker is not very mobile, it’s probably better to just not go in the first place (even if leaving at the same time, a thief can outrun bunker much faster, usually resulting a de-cap when bunker finally get back to home again).

(edited by Blizt.3086)

in PvP

Posted by: thebat.5739

thebat.5739

can we stop ppl come on points to cap when there is another teamplayer there already)

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

If you’re getting 4v5 at mid, why isn’t someone from your team capping their home?

One – Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

If you’re getting 4v5 at mid, why isn’t someone from your team capping their home?

Becauase the only person not 4v5ing is “defending” home point

what I honestly don’t get is why they don’t at least walk up to the ledge or close to the point to lend a bit of support, it’s not kittening difficult and on almost every map there’s somewhere you can see people crossing to push home

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

You should never, ever lose the home point. Sometimes the best way is to sit on it. However, some times you need to risk and help your team. It all depends on the situation!

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

what I honestly don’t get is why they don’t at least walk up to the ledge or close to the point to lend a bit of support, it’s not kittening difficult and on almost every map there’s somewhere you can see people crossing to push home

As someone who only plays homepoint builds: there are builds where I am literally so slow, that walking to mid on certain maps can guarantee that I will be unable to prevent a decap if someone notices my absence quickly (even if I see them coming).

Now, the proper thing to do is just run to the other point and either trade home points evenly, or force them off the 4v5 mid or risk the same thing that many people try to prevent (losing home because you went mid). At worst, I just run into their own idiot sitting there, and we hit each other with wet noodles for about 5 minutes until someone decides the 4v4 circlejerk mid isn’t actually going anywhere and comes to finish the fight.

But those are all things that you learn over time by understanding the game and your own build. I’d really much prefer my home bunker stay at home if he isn’t capable of doing something better, because out of the 4 other people we have, one of us should be able to think for ourselves and press their far point, which starts to force them to do more than hold each others hands and skip to the nearest teamfight together.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Sometimes just sitting at home is the best thing to do. Especially on a map like forest where the route from their spawn point to your close is the closest. Unless the other team employs a strategy like sending 3 people to your close, you should never ever lose close.

Trust me – if I had to choose between a person who sits home all the time and a person who caps close and leaves it thinking the point will defend itself, I would choose the former over the latter any day.

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Trust me – if I had to choose between a person who sits home all the time and a person who caps close and leaves it thinking the point will defend itself, I would choose the former over the latter any day.

Essentially, although this is harder to coordinate in soloq, but if all five of the enemy is committed to mid, a mobile person on your team ( see thief ) should go decap their far while you rotate to mid. The minimap even allows you to track player movements; you see someone peeling? start breaking off to head back home.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

But but…conquest is about bunkering on points! I read it on the forums!

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Sitting on home is good when :
- you got solid team composition ( 2 bunkers) and you got noone pushing far
- opponent got a bad team composition

Otherwise, it’s not helping anything. It works in soloQ( unfortunately not only vs low ranked players) because there’s always one guy who wants to 1v1 the guy sitting on his home instead of making it a 5v4/4v4 on mid.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I don’t know in a pug environment I can see just sitting on home being the best strategy the large majority of the time. Obviously its different between full teams of a decent skill level. Usually if I am bunkering home and nobody comes initially I will hedge toward the middle and if it looks like I can swing the fights I will go and then try to get back as soon as it looks like we have it wrapped up.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

If you are sitting on home:

Option 1: Stay there and hope someone comes to you, if no one does its a 4 v 5 for your team on the other 2 nodes.

So what do you?

Option 2: Go to far, this should allow your team to have a 4 v 4 and you to have a 1 v 1. If either of you win, you get 2 nodes. If you both lose, then you probably have people respawned and you should still hold your home giving you a 1 node vs 2 node instead of a 0 node vs 3 node (because you sat at home and they came to you).

Option 3: You kill your boss while watching home (if they don’t have a thief)

Option 4: Go to mid fight and watch your home node by keeping track of numbers/tilting your camera.

This works for kyhlo and forest. For Temple, you should almost always cap home then push far. For Foefire you should be able to help the mid fight and watch home from the ledge very easy. If you are on the node just make sure you are watching.

SITTING on home is a bad decision 90% of the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

I would say situation depends all on it. sometimes it is good to just sit on home.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I would say situation depends all on it. sometimes it is good to just sit on home.

Yes, if you are confident that your team will win the teamfight in mid/far then you should definitely just stay home. Most people lose matches because they keep getting home decapped.

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

Yes, if you are confident that your team will win the teamfight in mid/far then you should definitely just stay home. Most people lose matches because they keep getting home decapped.

Yeah. So sitting on homepoint all the time definitely means a dumb one. lol

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Except when theres thief then you just sit afk, cause as others thiefs say, changing your strategy when enemy team has thief takes brain so use brain and just run in circles on close point thinking what you are gonna eat for dinner.

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

chat for comunication???
“there are 5 of them on mid, go decap theyr home and after come back”

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P