Can you be carried into top 100?

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Today, I watch as players in top 100 fought on Ranked map. Some decisions make me wonder how these players are rank so high. Why do you 4 v 2 off point on stairs for 2 minutes, and enemy rotate and capture all? Then team argue in chat with each other, and this Guardian said he’s good because he has top kills award, but his team lost.

Last season, I was tier 3 Gold as Ranger with no HoT. I’m not pro, but I know how to play. And I know that getting awards in this season means nothing. Is there some hidden achievement for getting most kills, even if you lose a Ranked match? Or does this mean players can be carried into top ranks, but have no business being there?

in PvP

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

You would be amazed how often this happens, its to the point now where I no longer talk to my team as I just accept that they more than likely will not know what they are doing,

Ive seen teams 4v1 a guard off point while the enemy stands in point, I don’t understand it, ive seen more players this season that don’t know their class or at least what their class is supposed to do, than any previous

Remember that the ratings don’t really count for crap this season, due to the way the leaderboard is setup, there are a lot of players in the top 100-250 that normally would never be there.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Carrying isn’t even needed. Fresh account with 6-4 can place in the same MMR range as the current top 100 because the bar’s so low.

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Carrying isn’t even needed. Fresh account with 6-4 can place in the same MMR range as the current top 100 because the bar’s so low.

But your name doesn’t show in leaderboards. I think it’s worse when you can see someone’s ranking, and when you play with them, you facepalm.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It’s easy to be top 100 when 90% of the top 250 from last season quit lol

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

You would be amazed how often this happens, its to the point now where I no longer talk to my team as I just accept that they more than likely will not know what they are doing,

Ive seen teams 4v1 a guard off point while the enemy stands in point, I don’t understand it, ive seen more players this season that don’t know their class or at least what their class is supposed to do, than any previous

Remember that the ratings don’t really count for crap this season, due to the way the leaderboard is setup, there are a lot of players in the top 100-250 that normally would never be there.

So it doesn’t count because people can’t just sit on their rating anymore, and play 1 game every 3 days to stay on the board? I like the way the leaderboard is setup currently because you have to maintain a increasing number of games every week to keep a hold on your position. It just sucks though since Anet nuked the rewards meaning less players participating since it isn’t worth the time or the headache.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

It’s programmable, the system itself carry you.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Yeah easy. You get in top 100 with like 1700 rating (on EU, on NA it is even lower) due to less active players. Grab fresh account, win couple matches, you would be already in top 100. Staying there is of course different story.

Also, i would like to point out that due to lack of players, not everyone you see in plat/legend queue are in those divisions, teams consisting of something like plat/gold vs legend/plat are more common this season (and it was actually a thing last season as well).

Then there is also issue with class balance: there are certain classes that can carry even bad players to high ratings which results in bad matches at the end because those players lack map awareness, have bad rotations etc. Have seen it waaaaayyyy too many times, it is just too painful to watch (e.g. yesterday i decapped mid point in front of enemy DH and he completely ignored me, i really should start recording matches just to show things like this).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Yeah easy. You get in top 100 with like 1700 rating (on EU, on NA it is even lower) due to less active players. Grab fresh account, win couple matches, you would be already in top 100. Staying there is of course different story.

You do realize that the leaderboard is lower because we don’t have people decay/volatility exploiting, and we don’t have placement sniping either.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube