Can you make us 10vs10?

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

I just want descent sized massive battles. 5v5 isn’t big enough for me. I want it to get little more hectic. Can you implement this in unranked?

I am not attracted by WvW anymore because obvioulsy the devs don’t really care about the mode.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

5v5 is already enough clusterkitten..

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

There aren’t enough players to operate a 5v5 gamemode properly but yeah sure let’s add 10v10 why not /s

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I’d support 10v10 TDM style mode.

The only issue I truly see is not having the customization that WvW had, but I’d still take it using PvP amulets.

Also I’d make this game mode core builds only because HoT kills the game mode

(edited by Azukas.1426)

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

I wouldn’t push it 10v10. There is enough visual noise in 5v5 already.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Actually 10 v 10 is the sweet spot. Once you watch the game mode you lean to see what’s going on. You can see the blocks, buffs, heals, etc.

I could personally watch 20 v 20 and identify what’s taking place

HoT though is tough I’ll admit. Reason I said core only

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

flog.3485

Actually 10 v 10 is the sweet spot. Once you watch the game mode you lean to see what’s going on. You can see the blocks, buffs, heals, etc.

Hmm still not convinced. But who knows maybe the devs will see value in your proposal.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Hmm still not convinced. But who knows maybe the devs will see value in your proposal.

Well WvW GvG back when it was a thing was more popular then Anet’s Pro League. It’s something you’ve obviously never partook.

That was a community run scene too so imagine what woulda happened if it actually got the Dev support.

10v10 with PvP stats I think would be a wonderful addition to the game. Give it proper support and you might be surprised at what happens.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

flog.3485

Well WvW GvG back when it was a thing was more popular then Anet’s Pro League. It’s something you’ve obviously never partook.

That was a community run scene too so imagine what woulda happened if it actually got the Dev support.

10v10 with PvP stats I think would be a wonderful addition to the game. Give it proper support and you might be surprised at what happens.

You are right. I never could get into WvW that much because there is simply not enough incentive to do so. Except for quick dailies of course. But anyway, I kinda feel like in PvP most are already complaining that X class is too strong against X class for X reason. If you double on the number of classes taking part into the fight, it would be even more chaotic to see and actually understand wha class procced what effect to what benefit. As it stands now you’re able to do so because players rotate around points but in a TDM environment….man this a not classic trinity system where a monk is there to to play one particular build that will target and heal/support one particular teammate that is being focused. We just really need to open up some diversity with the addition of specs and have a proper 5v5 team only mode, provided the playerbase is there to do so.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Not a valid comparison, by the time Anet got round to “Pro league” PvP was also long past its peak, back when PvP was more popular it got far higher views than GvG ever got, one of the tourneys got 15k for the finals and even the player made ones back in the day got 5-6k.

GvG on the other hand at its best got about 2-3k for the big GvG people wanted to see (e.g TA v Lag), then there was a huge drop off to anything not involving the top 2-3 guilds so the next week Chemsorly would be back down to 300 viewers for some GvG no one gave a toss about.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Azukas.1426

You are right. I never could get into WvW that much because there is simply not enough incentive to do so. Except for quick dailies of course. But anyway, I kinda feel like in PvP most are already complaining that X class is too strong against X class for X reason. If you double on the number of classes taking part into the fight, it would be even more chaotic to see and actually understand wha class procced what effect to what benefit. As it stands now you’re able to do so because players rotate around points but in a TDM environment….man this a not classic trinity system where a monk is there to to play one particular build that will target and heal/support one particular teammate that is being focused. We just really need to open up some diversity with the addition of specs and have a proper 5v5 team only mode, provided the playerbase is there to do so.

You are speaking on something you have no idea on how it works. I play PvP & GvG and can speak with certainty.

You don’t even understand the best part of this games mechanics in combo fields. Organized teams with proper use of combo fields & CC injunction with top notch cohesiveness is what’s it’s all about. It takes more coordination and team work in GvG then PvP

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

I would be up for this idea if they changed max targets available to be hit for certain class weapons.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

At the start of the game there was arena for 5-8-10-12 players. They used hotjoin to test the best number of players for a team fight.
5 grant you enough players to control and steal points, force you to make a team strategy and to improve as a single and as a team player. Everyone have a role and the strategy have to be strong to make you win. Expecially in organizated teams.
Oh, sorry, there’s no more teams in this team based game, i always forgot this point…

8v8 was already too much, making AoE spam classes too strong because at the start of the battle you found fights of 7v7 in the middle and was too much. Also because when the enemy team was killed they had much more problems to join back and fight all together to take the point.

Also a lot of players already cry for 2 DH stacked together, think of 3-4 DH that spam traps in the mid with a dps ele with staff or a necro with wells, with only one or two bunker builds to survive at everything and hold the point.

I think that at last there can be a chance for 6v6, nothing more.
But yes, I’d like to see a huge fight

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

flog.3485

You are speaking on something you have no idea on how it works. I play PvP & GvG and can speak with certainty.

You don’t even understand the best part of this games mechanics in combo fields. Organized teams with proper use of combo fields & CC injunction with top notch cohesiveness is what’s it’s all about. It takes more coordination and team work in GvG then PvP

That is all nice but the problem here is that the OP talks about PVP….not GvG in WvW. I perfectly undestand the combo fields and value the mechanics of the game in a cohesive team environment (and by the way insulting my “knowledge” is really not necessary). Your idea made me think about the HoH battles in Guild Wars and the GvG battle. But the problem is that your ideas of bringing a team of 10 coordinated people will never work as long as there is still no proper 5v5 team only environment in the game. You said you could watch 20v20 and understand what is happening but you really believe that the majority of the playerbase will get used to this under a system where people play ranked solo-duo and unranked in non even teams ? I still maintain that the visual noise in 5v5 is already strong enough for people that play and for the other that watch to truly understand what is going on, how do you solve that in 10v10 and 20v20 ? Or you just believe that visual noise is only due to elite specs ?

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Azukas.1426

That is all nice but the problem here is that the OP talks about PVP….not GvG in WvW. I perfectly undestand the combo fields and value the mechanics of the game in a cohesive team environment (and by the way insulting my “knowledge” is really not necessary). Your idea made me think about the HoH battles in Guild Wars and the GvG battle. But the problem is that your ideas of bringing a team of 10 coordinated people will never work as long as there is still no proper 5v5 team only environment in the game. You said you could watch 20v20 and understand what is happening but you really believe that the majority of the playerbase will get used to this under a system where people play ranked solo-duo and unranked in non even teams ? I still maintain that the visual noise in 5v5 is already strong enough for people that play and for the other that watch to truly understand what is going on, how do you solve that in 10v10 and 20v20 ? Or you just believe that visual noise is only due to elite specs ?

I’m not insulting simply stating a truth. You mentioned the Holy MMO trinity and that showcased how little you actually know about large scale combat in GW2. Truth of the matter is you don’t need the trinity in the least b/c you are healing with combo fields. You were applying might, protection, and basically all the boons you needed by extremely coordinated teamwork.

The OP talks about PvP b/c WvW has been neglected. So much so that just about every guild who did GvG has left the game. At one point in time there were almost 200 GvG guilds in this game.

Anyways please leave gw1 gvg out of the conversation. Its gone and the combat system in this game would not support it. Infact I prefer the combat system in this game over the insane clicking based movement system of GW1.

Please do some research on the subject material. I’m literally stopping myself from typing novels b/c you honestly don’t know anything about this.

Have a nice day and feel free to PM me for some links to videos and stuff.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

It takes 3 minutes to find a Conquest match.
It’s going to take 10m to find a decent 10v10 match.

Oh and when you get a match, GL with your 3 stacked thieves vs my 5 stacked Guardian random team.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Try WvW. Then you can get even bigger than 10v10. Or join a guild that does GvGs if you want fair fights.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Maps are already far too cluttered with players. Each map is too small for even a 5v5 with the level of mobility that exists in the game. 10v10 would be absolute garbage.

One foot out the door, yet again.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

I just want descent sized massive battles. 5v5 isn’t big enough for me. I want it to get little more hectic. Can you implement this in unranked?

I am not attracted by WvW anymore because obvioulsy the devs don’t really care about the mode.

Hate to break it to you; the devs don’t seem to care about PvP either..

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Then do a commentary on one of those 15vs15 GvG videos and tell me what is going on. I simply can’t trust you on this

Because all those casters on GvG games must be so bad that the only thing they are saying are like ‘oh x player is down. y player is low’.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: tigrawahi.2694

tigrawahi.2694

simply use stronghold map:

Remove all pve elements fro the map,except for the supply on the middle of the map.

Plant a flag on each base.

Points per kill ,points per flag captured ,15 min.

Let doors be destructible by players and use supply to repair.

Now you have a 10vs10 capture the flag map,big enough to hold that number of players ,cause there will have to be splits.

I mean they alredy have the maps to do other game modes its all about if they want to and have resources to do it or if the playerbase will be up for anything other than conquest.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

we already had 10vs10 at the beginning of gw2… but devs changed max player per map

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Then do a commentary on one of those 15vs15 GvG videos and tell me what is going on. I simply can’t trust you on this

Because all those casters on GvG games must be so bad that the only thing they are saying are like ‘oh x player is down. y player is low’.

https://youtu.be/xAvenVycRvI

This is really the only shoutcasted GvG source I can remember. This is the last episode or he may have done another one. He does go through 2 matches an episode where he describes what’s going on.

Have to remember there was no option to spectate like PvP and all the streams from players had zero comms being broadcasted due the innate secrecy of them & builds.

See if you can identify why the top two teams in each region won the matches

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

we used to have 8v8 and i miss those days

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Well I guess I killed off the naysayers lol

Please let’s implement this and have it like the old tPvP queue system.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

Well I guess I killed off the naysayers lol

Please let’s implement this and have it like the old tPvP queue system.

That video was pretty bad tho..

“You can see why they … x” is what I heard most.

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

This is really the only shoutcasted GvG source I can remember. This is the last episode or he may have done another one. He does go through 2 matches an episode where he describes what’s going on.

Have to remember there was no option to spectate like PvP and all the streams from players had zero comms being broadcasted due the innate secrecy of them & builds.

Describing comps and telling the viewers how they are buffing up is considered shoutcasting?

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Can you make us 10vs10?

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Describing comps and telling the viewers how they are buffing up is considered shoutcasting?

Watch the rest of the episodes for better “shoutcasting”

Remember this had zero Dev support and was more popular than PvP on all levels.