Capricorn Bell

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The bell should not recharge quicker in the final phase of the game.

Several games now I’ve had a situation where my team wiped (usually to 2 or 3 dh standing on the bell). Then before we could regroup the bell was ready again, instant loss.

That’s a bad mechanic. Just keep the bell running on a stable schedule. It shouldn’t be possible for a team to get 150+ points in the space of a few seconds.

Mesmerising Girl

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

This sounds more like a problem with DH stacking lol. But yeah, I agree that you shouldn’t be punished double for losing the fight. Just losing the bell once is punishment enough.

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

The bell should not recharge quicker in the final phase of the game.

Several games now I’ve had a situation where my team wiped (usually to 2 or 3 dh standing on the bell). Then before we could regroup the bell was ready again, instant loss.

That’s a bad mechanic. Just keep the bell running on a stable schedule. It shouldn’t be possible for a team to get 150+ points in the space of a few seconds.

That’s exactly what lord does in foefire, though.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

its weird that i agree with ithilwen for once. something wrong with bells timer because they happen quickly. also they need to make the bell area a commune like TRAQ or orb. but this is just IMO.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I think the bell is on a fixed timer – it activates at specific times on the map. If a bell resets quickly, it’s because the fight for it took too long.

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

No, I’ve seen it reset within seconds after ringing. It is possible that it was because of an extended team fight. Either way the effect is the same.

This needs to be fixed

Mesmerising Girl

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’ve seen it go off at the 12:00 and 9:00 minute marks on the timer. It could be that you fought long enough that they were able to claim it just before it was to be up again.

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

That might be the case, but a second instant bonus hit of points is still a bad situation.

Perhaps bell should only be claimable for a fairly short time. Say 20 seconds.

The way it’s working now awards easy wins too often.

Mesmerising Girl

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

That might be the case, but a second instant bonus hit of points is still a bad situation.

i think this would be fair enough, if bell was rang < 20 secs, then don’t make avail to be capped for +20secs

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

Which then means it will never get claimed as it’s fairly easy to sit in the circle for 20 seconds to prevent the cap.

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

That would be a good thing. The Orb in Spirit Watch takes considerably more effort to carry to a point.

The mechanic of ringing the bell almost hands the win to the team with the most DH or war. Then, If the fight lasts too long, the bell comes up for free, while one team is recovering from the wipe or near wipe.

I think the timer on the bell should start WHEN THE BELL IS RUNG. This would prevent the problem that I am pointing out.

Mesmerising Girl

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

That would be a good thing. The Orb in Spirit Watch takes considerably more effort to carry to a point.

The mechanic of ringing the bell almost hands the win to the team with the most DH or war. Then, If the fight lasts too long, the bell comes up for free, while one team is recovering from the wipe or near wipe.

I think the timer on the bell should start WHEN THE BELL IS RUNG. This would prevent the problem that I am pointing out.

The timer on the bell starts when the match starts right now. You know when it’s coming up, because it comes at the same point in the match every time.

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

And it has a strong tendency to suddenly recharge right after a team fight, which is the point of my post. It gives a free win because the winning team gets bell and then almost immediately gets it again.

Mesmerising Girl

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I think with how The Bell upon capture allocates points is a bit of a snowbally effect which needs a minor adjustment if it’s heading for Ranked match selection.

The Bell pops up every 3 minutes from when the match starts. Each team on first cap gets 25pts. 2nd 50pts, 3rd 75pts and 4th 100pts.
If you can deny the enemy a Bell cap for 3 mins with 2 people, that’s 3mins wasted on 0 points as no cap was achieved.
However if a team can get all bell caps that’s 250 points without holding a single node. Now, most teams can have atleast one node capped. Added on player kills is enough to win the match, so basically this map as it is now is team death match for the Bell captures with actual conquest as the side objective imho.

I’d like to see the bell give something other than a static point reward. Maybe a team buff not unlike the ones you find in Temple that grant extra points per tick of the nodes you own or maybe something new, fitting with the pirate theme of the map like, capping The Bell flips one of your enemy nodes in your favour, stealing the enemys capture point.

Kitten.

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Ayrilana.1396

I have seen maps where teams have lost despite getting bell every time. Obtaining and holding all caps still does give you more than enough points to win without needing bells. Most maps will not go beyond the 3rd bell.

Now even if the bell was made to have less points, teams that were going to lose beforehand are still likely to lose with the change. It’s rare to see a group, like I mentioned above, that can hold all points for most of the match and not get the bell.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: cyn.2157

cyn.2157

The points awarded for the bell should either be static, static + bonus for other held points, or should scale regardless of bell history.

I do agree though that I could see a problem with a protracted team fight allowing 2 bell caps in a row, and if they’re sticking with the fixed timer there’s really nothing to be done about it. You’re either stuck having some cutoff where it resets, or you’ll have this problem.

That said, if you’re fighting for the bell for 3 whole minutes – it seems (likely) that no points have changed hands in 3 minutes, and someone’s already got a pretty hefty lead – seems like too much bunkering and not enough cap/decap.

What about reducing bell cap value over time, rather than increasing? First cap is 75, then 50, then 25 – total of 150 points (same as a lord kill) but the motivation once you’re down to 25 is to prevent the other team from getting 75 (or 50)? You still run into the potential problem of a double cap at the start giving a team 125, but at that point they’ve basically exhausted their points and now they need to focus on caps and still have motivation to prevent the enemy from ringing the bell.

(FWIW I’ve got salty sea dog and I’ve never even seen the 4th bell until after the match is over, and I think starting at 100 would be a bit obscene)

-Fade Nightshade (thief all the way, baby)

(edited by cyn.2157)

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

its weird that i agree with ithilwen for once. something wrong with bells timer because they happen quickly. also they need to make the bell area a commune like TRAQ or orb. but this is just IMO.

That is an interesting idea. What would be the pros and cons to changing the bell to a commune rather than a cap-point?

NSPride <3

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

bell should have a timer start “after” its been claimed to prevent that immediate respawn.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

If I recall correctly from playing it is spawning at a constant rate of 3 minutes (so at 12,9,6,3) Same principle as the buffs on Temple of the silent storm and if you only claim it shortly before the next spawn that’s how it is.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Yes, but the buffs on Temple are spaced quite a bit further apart,(in time and distance,) so the issue doesn’t happen.

Mesmerising Girl

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

Yes, but the buffs on Temple are spaced quite a bit further apart,(in time and distance,) so the issue doesn’t happen.

stillness is every 3 minutes (same as capricorn) but starting later
tranquility is every 6 minutes

so only tranq is spaced further apart, and I’ve seen tranq fights last all the way to the second tranq…

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

I think the circle for the bell needs to be twice the current diameter to counter the obvious DH trap stacking on it. The point reward should also scale regardless of who caps it to make it a comeback mechanic near the endgame.

Little red Lioka

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

imo bell should not have the snowball mechanic. Should be 25 points every time it caps. The fact that it could go to 50 and 75 makes everyone too dependent on it.

The Art of Roaming [gank]

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

imo bell should not have the snowball mechanic. Should be 25 points every time it caps. The fact that it could go to 50 and 75 makes everyone too dependent on it.

What if it instead rewarded more points to the losing team? That might be interesting.

NSPride <3

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I like the idea of the bell becoming a commune. That would prevent DH from being such a dominant class for the situation.

Also, a straight 25 points for every bell is a great idea.

Mesmerising Girl

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I admit I wouldn’t change Capricorn. The bell is on a fixed timer which makes sense and the increasing points makes it an objective you can’t ignore focusing the fight. It also creates a decision point for various roles. Mobility can be used to back cap while bell is up, range can be used to clear out bunkers, melee and bunkers have to hold the point and so fourth.

As far as changing it to a commune, if you are running into extended fights already that the bell is coming back around to another capture time this will just get worse with a commune and become a warrior/rampage issue versus an AOE issue.

Based on the number of times its voted in, I would leave this one alone and address issues on other maps or work on more maps. This one is pretty solid.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Capricorn Bell

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i don’t lik the commune idea. the bell stayin on a timer is also good, lets u be able to predict and strat around it.

onlly thing i would change is some kind of cool down on it after a ring so a team wipe doesn’t result in double bell caps back to back. should be at least enough cool down for wiped team to regroup and contest it again