Capture point sPvP question

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

I’ve been curious to know why when capturing points doesn’t the amount of people in that point improve capture rate? Almost all other games have this type of capture system. The more people at a point the faster it gets capped I never understood why this doesn’t happen in this game?

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

So that people would rotate instead of zerg? Simple

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

Anet is very afraid of zerging when it comes to PvP. They want to encourage people to spread accross 3 points instead of running around together from point to point.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in PvP

Zoso.8279

Yeah I can understand that being the reason. Shouldn’t the tactic for breaking up a zerg be to split and make the zerg split? I can remember in GW1 alliance battles using these two tactics. Idk I’ve always felt that in a team match it should emphasize team play. I am not trying to start drama with this question just want to get a discussion going on it.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

joonasp.9217

Yeah I can understand that being the reason. Shouldn’t the tactic for breaking up a zerg be to split and make the zerg split? I can remember in GW1 alliance battles using these two tactics. Idk I’ve always felt that in a team match it should emphasize team play. I am not trying to start drama with this question just want to get a discussion going on it.

Alliance battles = 12v12
Conquest = 5v5

in PvP

Zoso.8279

Alliance battles = 12v12
Conquest = 5v5

you can still split a team of 5. You must not be a fan of basketball.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

joonasp.9217

Alliance battles = 12v12
Conquest = 5v5

hate it

in PvP

Zoso.8279

Alliance battles = 12v12
Conquest = 5v5

hate it

ahh ok np well in basketball a tactic to getting points is splitting up the team so that you can make room for your star player to take out weaker members of the team in 1v1 situations but in GW2 that tactic can be used to split a team and focus on the weaker players to break up a zerg. For example while zerg is mid 2 go far and 3 home split the zerg and if they stay grouped the group baits them to follow while other group caps. A tactic that was very common in alliance battles.

Necromancer Main