Capture the Flag

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

So is there any chance we could see a capture the flag map soon? Not to bring up other games but Warsong Gultch was one of the best PvP maps. The coordination for defense and attack was great and it led to great fights.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: aleks.5473

aleks.5473

Well if anet dose this it will be a copy but if they make somthing like this
again 500 points for win
3 base points
tho a flag/orb/candy/beer/somthing in a special place with some responce time wen only 1 persen per team is awaud will give your team lets say 50-100 poitsn and it will have lets say 3-4-5 min respawn time
somthing like this will be more in the gw pvp way

Shadowsong Bg, Zagorka bg – r61
Champ mesmer, engy, rangar, necro, guardian, warrior

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

Simply, we need diversity in objectives. Not only acquiring 500 points by capturing 3 locations.

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Joey.2769

Yeah I just think having another option besides point hold would make things interesting and allow a little variety.

Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

again 500 points for win
3 base points
tho a flag/orb/candy/beer/somthing in a special place with some responce time wen only 1 persen per team is awaud will give your team lets say 50-100 poitsn and it will have lets say 3-4-5 min respawn time

Isn’t that basically spirit watch?

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Ahaha, just logged in and made a thread saying same thing… didn’t look first

But I think with multiple maps of capture the flag. As we have with conquest, with all sorts of terrain would bring a great dynamic to pvp.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

(edited by Dolt.2731)

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Spirit watch is capture the flag, and people didn’t like it in tournaments, idk why people keep clamoring for capture the flag when it is essentially already in the game.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Joey.2769

See spirit watch is not capture the flag. It is conquest with a small amount of capture the flag. Why not have a true CTF giving variety right now you hold the 3 areas and the orb helps but is not as crucial as holding the areas. I want some variety and I think others do as well.

Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: Casimir.4613

Casimir.4613

I agree spirit watch is no pure capture the flag . I would love to see a warsong gulch or 2forts TFC type of map for CtF.

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Gizmo.8623

Skyhammer gave me feeling as if I was playing Quake 3 and it’s most positive feeling.
It’s dynamic, different, it’s great!
In my opinion GW2 PvP should go in that direction and pure CTF (or CTEC – Capture the Exploding Chicken) would provide a LOT of fun. Fresh and dynamic fun, as it should be.

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Unfortunately, capture the flag doesn’t really work well for this game type. I’m completely against disabling skills in order to do it.

What we do need is a team death match option.

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Gizmo.8623

Unfortunately, capture the flag doesn’t really work well for this game type. I’m completely against disabling skills in order to do it.

Nonono, you don’t disable skills. You just make that you drop flag whenever you use any type of teleporting/long-jumping skill. This way you can save your skin/fur/bark when you need.

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Joey.2769

Nonono, you don’t disable skills. You just make that you drop flag whenever you use any type of teleporting/long-jumping skill. This way you can save your skin/fur/bark when you need.

Exactly this make going invs blink etc drop the flag automatically. I wouldn’t even mind a speed debuff with it. I just want more variety. 1 year in and we still only have conquest.

Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

There is Spirit Watch already. A real CTF I think needs more players. 5 vs. 5 only it would just be killing others instead of capturing the flags if you really have the long way from your base to enemy base and then back… to easy to kill the guy carrying the flag.

Maybe for 10-20 players pear team as a GvG/WvW mechanics.

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Gizmo.8623

To have a truly great CTF experience we need bigger maps with many paths so that zerg would have to split to find flag bearer. Besides a neat and reguired to do jumping obstacle between bases could provide bigger challenge – not only for flag bearer to pass but also for his pursuers to catch on >:)

Man, I dream of many different types of TPvP gameplay with various objectives.
But if I had to choose one I think that CTF would take the lead.

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

I would love to see CTF, but I’m not sure it’s going to attract new players.

A DotA style format would probably attract a lot of players, though in GW2 it’d probably play more like a scaled-down Alterac Valley.

Would much prefer CTF, personally.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: aleks.5473

aleks.5473

again 500 points for win
3 base points

Isn’t that basically spirit watch?

no no i Spirit wach you need to carry the orb and it gives you 30 points my idia is 1v1 on difrent location ( with no pushdown like skyhammer cannon ) and wen you cap the flag you instantly get 50-100 points so it can realy make a difrence
well this is what i lud like or a death mach like wow arenas

Shadowsong Bg, Zagorka bg – r61
Champ mesmer, engy, rangar, necro, guardian, warrior

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

There could be so many awesome gamemodes even if we look only at GW1.

But CTF ain’t one. I’m totally against it. That’s worse than conquest. Now you need a bunker, then you would need a flag carrier. They should focus on modes where everything is fine. Like deathmatch. King of the hill. Maybe even relic run, but probably that’s a CTF version that could work out better.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Joey.2769

So wait you don’t want CTF because people will build to the game mode? We have bunkers and carriers now at least this way you offer something new in gameplay. People like you who go after other people’s ideas probably contribute to this stagnant game staying so stagnant.

Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

There’s no reason not to have another game mode, even if they released it straight to hotjoin and not tourney play, at least hotjoin wouldn’t be such a drag.

Spirit Watch is Spirit Watch, a real CTF would mean the flag caps are the points, first to 3, or 5, or x would win, not just contribute 30 points to 500. Secondary objectives? Maybe do X to give flag bearer a buff.

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Rather Center ball/orb bring to their base. Football, rugby, b-ball, soccer, hockey,lacrosse ,etc show that as a good time when you take the objective to them be nice to see it gw2 style.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Gizmo.8623

Imagine how many achievements can be added with new gametypes.
Quick – for CTF examples:
- capture flag
- kill flag bearer
- return flag
- assist
- capture flag in less than…
- hold flag for X minutes
- kill X enemies while holding flag
- win X/0
- take X (big value here) dmg while holding flag
- win a match in less than X minutes
- win a match where enemy team hasn’t even touched your flag
- heal flag bearer for X health

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

It would just turn to be a deathmatch.

1. Deathmatch 5v5 won at flag = you can score 1.

Deathmatch #2 won by other team, they can score one. How do you want to hunt down a flag carrier if he already got the flag? Other teammates can keep you up long enough. You got no mounts to get there from your respawn point. The only reason this isn’t happening that much in spirit watch is because some party members also have to watch for cap points.

Flags would be just a measure for how many deathmatches won. Then why don’t they just make a deathmatch?

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Gizmo.8623

Deathmatch #2 won by other team, they can score one. How do you want to hunt down a flag carrier if he already got the flag? Other teammates can keep you up long enough. You got no mounts to get there from your respawn point. The only reason this isn’t happening that much in spirit watch is because some party members also have to watch for cap points.

Flags would be just a measure for how many deathmatches won. Then why don’t they just make a deathmatch?

I disagree. Burst of 5 ppl on one would mean very quick death of flag carrier. His defenders are to to CC enemies, heal flag carrier, try to kill anyone, while the other team have only one objective – kill flag carrier and get fallen flag. Where is deathmatch here? Every second of mindless fight would bring your flag closer to enemy base. Sure, you can have your deathmatch if you wanna lose.
And while enemy team is defending his flag carrier, your team can take their flag. This transform game into hunt, not deathmatch.

Besides – why not equip map with traps that can instantly kill (or severe wound) flag carrier? Like – jumping platforms that can be destroyed leading someone to death and return flag to base. This way we would have multiple ways for returning taken flag.
More – why not give teams possibility to ‘borrow’ some mobs and unleash them on enemy base or pack of hounds that hunt flag carrier, for example?

I believe that Anet have really powerful arsenal of mechanics that can be added for spicing spvp gameplay. Just… no more capture points on future maps!

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

I disagree. Burst of 5 ppl on one would mean very quick death of flag carrier. His defenders are to to CC enemies, heal flag carrier, try to kill anyone, while the other team have only one objective – kill flag carrier and get fallen flag. Where is deathmatch here? Every second of mindless fight would bring your flag closer to enemy base. Sure, you can have your deathmatch if you wanna lose.
And while enemy team is defending his flag carrier, your team can take their flag. This transform game into hunt, not deathmatch.

Besides – why not equip map with traps that can instantly kill (or severe wound) flag carrier? Like – jumping platforms that can be destroyed leading someone to death and return flag to base. This way we would have multiple ways for returning taken flag.
More – why not give teams possibility to ‘borrow’ some mobs and unleash them on enemy base or pack of hounds that hunt flag carrier, for example?

I believe that Anet have really powerful arsenal of mechanics that can be added for spicing spvp gameplay. Just… no more capture points on future maps!

Yeah, dyeing after 2 seconds of being a flag carrier really sounds better.

You want instant kill traps and platforms? Skyhammer 2? Add mobs? More AI to fight? I thought we are in PvP.

If flag is at mid, you would need to commune for some seconds = kill the enemy team first. Deathmatch. They are all wiped, you can score your flag easily.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Capture the Flag

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Spirit watch is capture the flag, and people didn’t like it in tournaments, idk why people keep clamoring for capture the flag when it is essentially already in the game.

Spirit Watch IS NOT CtF. If you think it is, you have obviously never played a game with CtF or just don’t like CtF so want to pass that trash off as CtF. lol