Carry or lose

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

Should get double rating gain for such a clear carry. I generally don’t put too much stock in top stats, but this is my experience with s06. I usually either have to do practically everything for my team or eat a loss. Makes it pretty unlikely that I’ll manage to climb out of gold this season.

It’s unbelievable how unskilled the typical pvper is these days.

Attachments:

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

i usually top 2-3 stats and i loose all the time i dont know what is going on

action combat made mmos better lol

Carry or lose

in PvP

kin korn karn.9023

Getting a couple top stats is effortless with the right classes and says very little about your actual impact on the match. Getting basically ALL of them, however… shows your teammates were really dragging kitten

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Yep played 8 games last nite just to see how it was and it was way worse than anything I’ve ever seen in ranked since 2013. It was basically a clown fiesta like unranked. I won 7 of them just fighting people 1v2 or 1v3 which would be impossible if they were remotely real PvPers and the one I lost had 2 keyboard turners running mid and feeding lol.

All this while ~1.7k rating and people rage whispered me saying they were low gold and I was ruining their games :/

Just can’t be bothered mannnnn PvP is trash right now

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

Getting a couple top stats is effortless with the right classes and says very little about your actual impact on the match. Getting basically ALL of them, however… shows your teammates were really dragging kitten

i get what you mean but getting 2-3 stats average almost all matches means you contribute

action combat made mmos better lol

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

I’d like to see the percent of team screenshot and not just the one where you got top stats.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

I’d like to see the percent of team screenshot and not just the one where you got top stats.

Yeah that’s pretty important. I like looking at the stats when i get top damage; when I’m playing DPS and 2-3 other people on my team are also playing DPS, and I get 26% of team damage, that’s fine. When I get 35%, I’m carrying.

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

top stats mean doo doo.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Should get double rating gain for such a clear carry. I generally don’t put too much stock in top stats, but this is my experience with s06. I usually either have to do practically everything for my team or eat a loss. Makes it pretty unlikely that I’ll manage to climb out of gold this season.

It’s unbelievable how unskilled the typical pvper is these days.

Great players carry players naturally and enjoy it, its a side effect of their skill.

Skilled but bad team players carry people then complain about others or act like martyrs and think they should get special treatment. Note unskilled players can be great team players.

You should ask yourself what you want to be seen as and aim for that when you play.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

(edited by vesica tempestas.1563)

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

seems like a close match? so both team almost at same mmr level.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Pretty easy to get top stats playing Druid, I do it all the time. Sure it means you contributed, doesn’t necessarily mean you carried. A Thief roaming around de-capping can contribute plenty but never earn top stat. A player that wins all 1v1 fights and helps hold side nodes won’t get top damage against someone fighting in large group fights. A Necro most likely will never get top healing or revives.

Doesn’t mean that any of these people contributed less. When I play Druid, especially Shout Bow, I can easily get top revives and kills since I can easily stomp and revive people. I can get top damage by pew pewing from range. I can get top healing, defense, and offense when I move in on the point to heal players up or bunker the point.

Not trying to say you don’t get crappy teammates all the time and you are the only person with a brain on your team, although unlikely to be the case all the time, just saying you can’t really judge the rest of your team simply because you got all the top stats on a Druid.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I noticed you didn’t carry the top stat for defense. Time spent defending a point you own is generally more important than time spent on ones you dont own. Probably the most important one. As mentioned earlier, percentages would be more useful.

Carry or lose

in PvP

kin korn karn.9023

I think you guys are taking the screenshot more seriously than I’d intended. I can kinda see why, but I meant it as an accompaniment to the post rather than the meat of it. I’d started the post recounting tales of various plebeians I’ve dealt with recently, e.g. Warrior and engi approach a node, both dead within 20 seconds at the hands of a single engi. Or, warrior and ele chase a single necro around outside his base for a couple minutes while enemy mesmer runs right past and takes the node they were 2v1ing the necro for in the first place.

But I realized these stories are probably more amusing to me than they’d be to others, so I reconsidered and went with a recent screenshot.

I’m well aware that it’s easy to get top stats on druid. Like I said in the OP, I generally don’t put too much stock in top stats, and I expect that as druid I should probably get 3-4 most matches. But then when I play thief, I feel just fine getting the usual 0-2.

I’m also aware that the best players are carrying each and every match. Admittedly, I’m probably not a great player. I’d say I’m good at best, but more likely merely above average. Some of you might like to argue for below average, but I’m not interested in having that conversation. I’m more concerned with season 6’s, um… I guess we’re calling it a clownfiesta these days? (Can’t say I totally understand that term, but it sounds fun.)

As for the comment that I didn’t manage to get that last top stat, thanks for the chuckle. You honestly had me going there for a second.

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Too hard to carry 2 or 3 baddies in conq. Always has been that way. least in Courtyard and Stronghold i can carry 2 or 3 baddies to victory. Those 2 maps require some strategy to win even with some not so bright players. With conq 1 baddie or 2 and your game is lost to the wind.

Hopefully after the total fail at gw2 “Esports” they make a real chance and stop with the circle dancing, it just doesn’t work lol.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Savvy.3258

Savvy.3258

moba ftw, I say: people have no trouble whatsoever running in a straight line and killing things along the way, in fact they try their hardest to do that in conquest.

Offense shouldn’t be a top stat, it’s pointless. You can get top healing simply by playing warrior so that’s that. Revives are totally random: if you’re in the right place at the right time, you’ll get it. Deaths, probably the most important stat, as well as decaps, is unaccounted for. Generally speaking, top stats are meh.

Proper top stats would be a different story. Personally, I feel Anet should rank each played on each category, then distribute points accordingly. So if you’re a feed mid kills type of guy, you’ll get close to nothing and a gazillion deaths, resulting in more points deducted for losing and less points gained from winning.

Being 20% of a team and 10% of a match is too ludicrous a measure to be ranked by, obviously.

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Offense counts decaps. So it’s not as pointless as you seem to think. Revives can matter because getting off a revive especially on a support ally can really turn the tide.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I agree that a singel top stat often means not much or just says you played your role at least decent (if its the right stat like offense for thief, healing for ele …). But multiple top stats in combination are a good indication for good performance compared to the team. Shure this often mean your team was kitten. When i as ele get, defence, offence, kills, damage and healing then i wonder about the MM …

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Offense counts decaps. So it’s not as pointless as you seem to think. Revives can matter because getting off a revive especially on a support ally can really turn the tide.

The way I read the stat for offense it implied you were engaged in combat, same for defense. So you could have someone battling a bunker on a point the entire match, never get the cap but still have top stat for offense. Compare that with a thief that is getting lots of free decaps but not accumulating any offense ticks because they are moving on after they decap.

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

I have had matches where I battled few people but broke through doors and killed the lord and won the match yet I doubt I got top stats but we would have lost if I hadn’t xD

Getting top stat doesn’t really mean you’ve helped win the match or carried all the time.

Carry or lose

in PvP

kin korn karn.9023

I have had matches where I battled few people but broke through doors and killed the lord and won the match yet I doubt I got top stats but we would have lost if I hadn’t xD

Getting top stat doesn’t really mean you’ve helped win the match or carried all the time.

Absolutely. Yesterday I had exactly this match you describe, and with 0 top stats. Like I said before, people are taking the screenshot way too seriously. My real point in this thread is that I can’t believe how stupid and random pvp is now. Most players are just braindead. It’s rarely about which team is better anymore; it’s almost always about which team is worse.

Which sounds like the same thing, but it’s not. The glass isn’t half-full or half-empty, it’s kittening bone-dry.

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

But honestly if the glass is bone dry and has no substance in it. Why are you still so focus on draining water from a stone. When their are many lakes, rivers, and oceans that are only like 25Gb or less away? I’m just saying.

Stop asking for Red Lobster meals, at Burger King. It just makes you look so silly.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Absolutely. Yesterday I had exactly this match you describe, and with 0 top stats. Like I said before, people are taking the screenshot way too seriously. My real point in this thread is that I can’t believe how stupid and random pvp is now. Most players are just braindead. It’s rarely about which team is better anymore; it’s almost always about which team is worse.

Which sounds like the same thing, but it’s not. The glass isn’t half-full or half-empty, it’s kittening bone-dry.

yup glass half full, glass half empty and the worst of all, those that play, don’t enjoy it and think they are better than everyone else – and have to tell the world as much.

Imagine someone is 100 rank points above you and calling you braindead because you don’t adhere to their level of skill, this is the real anti social behaviour that ruins good pvp.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

(edited by vesica tempestas.1563)

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

yup glass half full, glass half empty and the worst of all, those that play, don’t enjoy it and think they are better than everyone else – and have to tell the world as much.

Imagine someone is 100 rank points above you and calling you braindead because you don’t adhere to their level of skill, this is the real anti social behaviour that ruins good pvp.

If this was true then LoL, DoTA, Smite, CS:GO, and Paragon just to name a few. Should be just as dead if not worst off then GW2. However this is the complete opposite. Those game’s competitive community and dev framework keeps those games far above that of which GW2’s PvP can ever hope to be.

But go ahead and keep blaming it on players’ “anti social behavior”. Because it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact. That GW2’s was just not designed in anyway or fashion more so post HoT, to be a competitive game, nor breed a competitive community of gamers. Instead did the opposite. And when it’s competitive “anti-social” players saw that the grass in this case, is in fact greener on the other side. They stopped playing almost instantly. Leaving GW2 mainly with a community of non competitive gamers who are highly against skill based PvP. And just rather farm the mode for it’s rewards.

I remember the days in GW2 where ANet didn’t have to bribe it’s community, with high profile PvE gear. In order to get them to even think about playing PvP. We used to play because it was fun, and actual winning and losing was more so based off of our user based skill. Meaningful matches, meaningful balance, meaningful PvP altogether At that time GW2 was actually breeding champions and not wanna be carebears. Who are only concerned about getting ascended or legendary PvE items.

This is why GW2’s PvP is at a all time low. Not because some players was “anti-social”(basic behavior present in ALL manor of sports {IRL and E}.) It’s actually competitive behavior. The fact that ANet shielded it’s community to much from such. Just made it all the much worst. Funny how some of the most supposed toxic communities in eSports, in the eyes of a GW2 player. Tend to be the most successful, ah?

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Carry or lose

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

Sadly I think there is some stock in what OP is saying. Before I left this game at the start of the season I was holding a 60% win rate with constant all top stats as a condi mesmer….. Yes that means top healing multiple times with a meta ele on my team…. top power DPS with a power warrior on my team. A larger portion of the legend tier players and general ESL level player has given up leaving a large amount of people that just don’t stack up against the few above average players left.
Dont get me wrong there are still good players left but as someone with a friendslist of over 200 people with 100 of them being above average PVPers seeing less then 10 people online if i’m lucky says something about the state of the current remaining players.