Carry potential: druid vs scrapper

in PvP

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hey,

I’ve been playing on my druid for quite a while now and it got me wondering what would it be like to play an engie instead… gave it a couple of tries and I liked it. But I also realized that it will take quite a while until I get used to playing an engie. And I want to decide if its worth putting in the effort.

On druid I really like mobility, stealth, invuln, stab, double rez via shout trait, but I cant really cleave with LB and not even with staff. Going S/D instead of LB helps with cleaving but gets me killed with a good thief around…

On engie I like the increased meele damage, projectile hate, double rez, but Im as fast as a snail, cant really be sneaky due to the fact that stealth gyro is still visible after activation (and also lags behind if you happen to move too fast).

But at this point I cant really decide which one to choose. So I’d like to hear so experienced engineers on this issue.

And pls no ‘play what u like’ answers. I like both I just played druid a lot more.

p.s.: Just to be a 100% clear: Druid builds: bunker S/D and shoutbow. Scrapper build: power hammer.

enthusiastic noob

(edited by Nimrud.5642)

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

I feel that the carry potential of scrapper is somewhat larger than on druid. I main druid but I never played engi, still I think I can say this. Engi seems more valuable in larger teamfights, AoE, group support, etc. Ofcourse it depends on team compositions but generally I would say Engi is a little more suitable to carry in SoloQ.

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

Both really good, the thing that I like about druid in normal ranked is the mobility compared to a scrapper, easy decaps/backcapping and still strong in 1v2s.

Druid obviously doesn’t have as strong 1v1s as scrapper so theres that. Both have really good 1v2 potential

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in PvP

Posted by: Sadismo.7508

Sadismo.7508

Well, I main engie be it meta scrapper, drunk or full glass condi p/p one and here is my opinion:
meta scrapper is the best at the moment and not because the support only, yes you can double res/ double stomp/ stomp and res; not only because you can deny projectiles and you are generally tanky; you can also play the annoying role (usually played by a mobile thief). Yes, you are not that mobile, but you can easily contest far while defending close on most of the maps. Bunkering far vs 1 opponent is easy and you can hold a lot vs 2 or 3 while waiting for the +1. You can also play full support (with the same build) just keep an eye at downed allies and focus ressing them; also healing yourself, if done right will also heal your team.
The other 2 builds are in the current meta just for fun, anyway i do enjoy playing condi engie, because you just melt enyone before you. The one thing you need is not getting focused. It is also viable in 1v1 scenarios as it is not common and people aren’t expecting the melt. They will get used to it fast tho, so play your cards early and get as much of an advantage as you can.
Drunk engie is not anywhere near the top now, so play it for fun in unranked.
I hope this was helpful and good luck!

(edited by Sadismo.7508)

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Well, the choice comes down to whether you like the mobility and high heal/burst potential of druid, or whether you like the mastery of all situations on scrapper.

Personally I wouldn’t make the choice and I would just keep playing with both. Neither of those classes stacks well when there’s 2 on the team, so I would always go with the one the team is missing.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.