Catastrophic Matchmaking

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Bahzur.2543

Bahzur.2543

Just… WTH is this Anet?
Some notes to this: This is not the first time this happens to me (but this is the worst example). Yes, i did lose a pip for this. No, i did not wait 15+ minutes for that, it was about 4 minutes. Yes, i already was on a losing streak. This was at about 1:30 p.m. on this Tuesday.

Why is it even possible that a full 5-man-team goes against a team with only randoms? Why is their no Teamqueue? GW2 is the only multiplayer game where ive experienced such bad matchmaking that it makes me want to punch the next person i meet in the face. There should be enough players even for highlevel play that this won’t happen.

Attachments:

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Brazzi.2045

Brazzi.2045

ya, good stuff…

Attachments:

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

LOL this is ridicilous O_o

Were you playign at 6 am or something?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Bahzur.2543

Thats why i explicitly said when i played, it was 1:30 p.m. This was not at a godforsaken hour.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

There isnt enough q’ing at this hour so the system has to compensate. This is also why there is no teamq. Instead anet should add a system making u lose none to less pips as solo vs premade, should solo lose. Anet should take care of soloq players as they enhance the experience premades get, such as faster q’s and easy pips.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Thats why i explicitly said when i played, it was 1:30 p.m. This was not at a godforsaken hour.

That is strange. I haven’t done much pvp if any at all until xmas (due to thief being in rather not fun place atm, bugs etc.), then i started to queue for ranked and went through amber-emerald-saphire quite fast. I don’t recall having long queue time nor absurd matches like this. Obviously there were some amber shoppers but not like this lol.

All is Vain~

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Bahzur.2543

There isnt enough q’ing at this hour so the system has to compensate. […]

While i know that this is not the prime time for pvp, considering how many players GW2 allegedly has, there should be enough even in highlevel play. Even in the lobby i see many rubis and diamonds waiting.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Something is currently broken with matchmaking. Like actually broken, not just “wahwahbroken”. Normally you should only match up with people at most 30 points away from you, whereas we’re currently seeing basically any ole person thrown into any match.

Sea of Sorrows

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

second time i get such a matchup , first time i lost 500-20 and now i won 500-100, the only diference is that in the first matchup i also had one amber guy in my team , this time i was the only scrub in the team

so do i have some kind of sick mmr or whats going on here

Attachments:

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

this is just trash , just lost a game and lost 2 pips. Enemy team 4 diamon + 1 legend , my team 1 diamond , 1 emerald , 3 ruby

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Cynz.9437

second time i get such a matchup , first time i lost 500-20 and now i won 500-100, the only diference is that in the first matchup i also had one amber guy in my team , this time i was the only scrub in the team

This one is actually quite normal.

All is Vain~

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Bahzur.2543

This one seems actually fine to me (if you forget the fact youre only sapphire against mostly higher ones and that way no fun for you) cause they have also a sapphire in their team.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Brazzi.2045

rly? poor emerald guy , got 3pips for winning too.

Edit. Something is wrong with matchmaking today.

Attachments:

(edited by Brazzi.2045)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Matchmaking usually sucks whenever the buff is on.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Bahzur.2543

Matchmaking usually sucks whenever the buff is on.

Good to know.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Brazzi.2045

Sorry for spamming, but what hell is going on?

Attachments:

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Cynz.9437

patch day xD

they touched server in wrong place lol?

All is Vain~

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Match ups are all kittened up. Sapphire among diamonds, legendary among amber. Mix of sapphire, ruby, diamond, legendary.

Or people finally started to quit or the code is broken.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

kitten Anet what the kitten they are doing spending 200k on pvp tourney with this kind of BS happening in their game.

Attachments:

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Cowboy.5982

Cowboy.5982

The PvP de Guildwars 2 and in Early Acces, that’s why…

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

nacario.9417

just had a game where we lost horribly but the division icons didnt show at the end scoreboard, odd

Power Ranger PvP

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

There is something strange going on with matchmaking right now. It’s queueing Legendaries against Ambers. I’d advise everyone not to queue for ranked till this is fixed.

Thief

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Today I’ve had 28 pips, now 17, because match making puts me ( tier 4 ) with f idiots of tier 3 and 2, and the opponents almost all solo queue, they are 2 sapphire, 3 ruby… it happened a lot of times… see what I will do in season 2, I will ruin everyones progress, at amber I will quit as many times is possible, I will come to play to troll!

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Thats actually weird. Im on leagues since the first day and never seen this. Maybe it is a matchmaking bug, or simply that you’re quing too late/soon in the day and so cant get matched with players on your divisions ? Doesnt looks legit so far.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Not sure if the UI is showing the icons wrong but the queue time has been of 5 or 6
minutes, which could also cause those odd match ups or if the code is simply broken.

Attachments:

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

nacario.9417

match making is not working as intended. just had one game where my team once again were far behind skill wise, we were losing, n then they had 2 disc that didnt come bk in 3 4 mins. Then my team decides to go lord when pts r near 500, they all wipe but i managed to recap pts onmy own, winning by 2 lol and gaining 3 pips in the process

But yeah, dont queue anymore tonight, its messed up atm

Power Ranger PvP

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

I mean, why tweak and break things at this point in the season. Only makes it harder for people to progress for no reason. Anet missing the mark as usual I guess

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Just out of curiosity, are you on EU or NA? I did some games today (EU) and had even matches i would say.

I also have a theory that matchmaking doesn’t take divisions in account but mmr :o

Attachments:

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

Anet need to hotfix the matchmaking ASAP. It’s unplayable right now.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Played few games and at normal matchmaking tho.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Brazzi.2045

One day ur fighting ELS premade groups, next rank 1-4 guys… That matchmaking much wow,much amaze. Its EU between 13-14 GMT. Queue times 2-5mins.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

The change to long queue times went out last night, so this is the result of that. The search range is clearly expanding too much, so we’ll reconfigure it to be a tighter search again.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

The change to long queue times went out last night, so this is the result of that. The search range is clearly expanding too much, so we’ll reconfigure it to be a tighter search again.

Is there any way you could just launch the new matchmaking formula that was mentioned in blog post? We could work the bugs out now rather than during season 2.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Doon.2364

Evan, as a player, I would rather have long que time than getting match against a team you have no chance to win. You basically will lose a pip and have to reque again. It’s basically time wasted.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: footballisgod.4075

footballisgod.4075

You can’t let that range naturally put Emeralds in matches against Diamonds and Legendaries. Probably even Sapphires shouldn’t be there. If they want to queue with friends in a higher tier, whatever. But solo queue, that shouldn’t happen. I’d take no game over a frustrating game like the few I’ve had this morning.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Ambers in the same matches as legendary players.. Yeah I’d say it’s “slightly” expanding too much lol

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

plenty of diamond people, and enough legendaries. Seen more than enough today. If they got to wait 10minutes for a match so be it, half them deserve it due to abusing the stupid algorithm that was used this season (queuing with low leaguer, keep making new guild teams etc).

Early today had 5 pugs (1 diamond, 3 saph, 1 emerald) vs [eG] guild team that had 3 legendaries and 2 diamonds.

You can guess the result of that. Even at that they always went for a 3vs1 :P

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Doon.2364

You can’t let that range naturally put Emeralds in matches against Diamonds and Legendaries. Probably even Sapphires shouldn’t be there. If they want to queue with friends in a higher tier, whatever. But solo queue, that shouldn’t happen. I’d take no game over a frustrating game like the few I’ve had this morning.

Not to mention there were 2 ambers in that group. 2 ambers vs legend and Diamond. Obviously this should have never happen.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

skullfaerie.7203

Well, that might explain why matches were unusually awful last night all of a sudden. Could we maybe not get stealth changes like this, so people can at least know and accept that MM might be shoddy if they queue at a particular time? Doesn’t seem fair to your players otherwise.
I’m a bit concerned about the idea of making experimental, hidden changes during a league season. Surely the break between seasons is the most ideal time to test things.

Please announce when you make changes.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Doon.2364

I assume the full premade team of legend, diamond, ruby waited too long in que time that the “new” system decide to feed them a bunch of amber saphire emerald soloquers. This is not the way to encourage newer players to keep playing league. Those lowbies should have been compensated with a pip for the abuse they took.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Maybe it’s related to why the leaderboards are down? Maybe they tweaked things to ignore league and just pay attention to MMR? Might be best to do unranked until things stabilize.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Well, that might explain why matches were unusually awful last night all of a sudden. Could we maybe not get stealth changes like this, so people can at least know and accept that MM might be shoddy if they queue at a particular time? Doesn’t seem fair to your players otherwise.
I’m a bit concerned about the idea of making experimental, hidden changes during a league season. Surely the break between seasons is the most ideal time to test things.

This season, in my mind, is done. I say experiment now so season 2 can be great.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Fix asap. Its unplayable. You made it worse for everyone.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Oishi.4358

Oishi.4358

Actually it’s probably worse for everyone except the legend players. I’ve been solo queueing and i have a pretty amazing win ratio right now. im 15-2 and the 2 losses were due to disconnects.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Actually it’s probably worse for everyone except the legend players. I’ve been solo queueing and i have a pretty amazing win ratio right now. im 15-2 and the 2 losses were due to disconnects.

doubt it

i think only ambers and diamond/legendary are affected since they have long qs

All is Vain~

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Raawk.7584

Raawk.7584

Why can’t we merge the eu and na servers so that the player pool is bigger? I know that might result in latency issues but isn’t there a system that estimates player inputs that could reduce that discrepancy?

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

I went on a win streak too, does it mean that this sheet is ok? No, because on the other side theres people who get punished from this change… >.>

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Why can’t we merge the eu and na servers so that the player pool is bigger? I know that might result in latency issues but isn’t there a system that estimates player inputs that could reduce that discrepancy?

Oh there would be such huge issue like with guild halls. If you have players from eu and na in your guild and for example NA player in in guild hall, then EU players get insta booted out of instance if they try to enter same guild hall. They would have to change how instances work for it~

All is Vain~

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

skullfaerie.7203

This season, in my mind, is done. I say experiment now so season 2 can be great.

Well, that’s you. I’m sure there are plenty of people who are still working on their season goals for whatever reason (maybe they couldn’t play earlier, maybe they took time off, maybe they had exams…) and who are you to say Anet should make the experience even worse for them than it already is?
Plenty of time to experiment during the break and too many downsides to starting now. Heck, make the break longer if more time is needed, which is what should’ve happened in the first place.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Raawk.7584

Raawk.7584

Oh there would be such huge issue like with guild halls. If you have players from eu and na in your guild and for example NA player in in guild hall, then EU players get insta booted out of instance if they try to enter same guild hall. They would have to change how instances work for it~

I could see the issue in pve but finding players in tyria has never been a pronlem. I was thinking it should be implemented for pvp only.