Catastrophic Matchmaking

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Oishi.4358

Oishi.4358

Fix asap. Its unplayable. You made it worse for everyone.

Actually it’s probably worse for everyone except the legend players. I’ve been solo queueing and i have a pretty amazing win ratio right now. im 15-2 and the 2 losses were due to disconnects.

I went on a win streak too, does it mean that this sheet is ok? No, because on the other side theres people who get punished from this change… >.>

I never said it was ok. Personally, I think it’s broken and should be fixed. My point was that it isn’t UNPLAYABLE and WORSE for everyone unless the people who are winning don’t like it too.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Long queue its not problem, in all MOBA/MMO/FPS games where you play on top rating its queue 30m-1h. Mixed low rank with top rank is bad idea.

When you want short queue time go play hot join

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Actually it’s probably worse for everyone except the legend players. I’ve been solo queueing and i have a pretty amazing win ratio right now. im 15-2 and the 2 losses were due to disconnects.

I went on a win streak too, does it mean that this sheet is ok? No, because on the other side theres people who get punished from this change… >.>

I never said it was ok. Personally, I think it’s broken and should be fixed. My point was that it isn’t UNPLAYABLE and WORSE for everyone unless the people who are winning don’t like it too.

Its unplayable when one team wins 500vs0 and the alikes as you can see on some pics. Thats not playable. Thats a onesided pvp match. I cant even call it pvp.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The change to long queue times went out last night, so this is the result of that. The search range is clearly expanding too much, so we’ll reconfigure it to be a tighter search again.

Why can’t we merge the eu and na servers so that the player pool is bigger? I know that might result in latency issues but isn’t there a system that estimates player inputs that could reduce that discrepancy?

Oh there would be such huge issue like with guild halls. If you have players from eu and na in your guild and for example NA player in in guild hall, then EU players get insta booted out of instance if they try to enter same guild hall. They would have to change how instances work for it~

I could see the issue in pve but finding players in tyria has never been a pronlem. I was thinking it should be implemented for pvp only.

LoL you really don’t understand do you? PvP match is nothing else but an instance. They would have to change how instances work, even if just for pvp.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

I think we can officially now say that pvp is dead since there is not enough players to make leagues viable. Well, wasn’t unexpected.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I noticed this as well and I have had some matches where I have been matched with players in not even nearly the same league as me. One game I had 4 diamonds and a ruby on my team and the opposition had 2 sapphires, 2 emeralds and a ruby. To be honest I’d love this system to stay- I have been farming low division players for a lot of my games and have made 2 full tiers of progress in diamond just today, nearly at legendary now and I hope I can make it before the season ends. I suppose this is just me getting lucky with the lopsided matches going in my favour though. Again, I’d love to be able to earn pips this easily all the time but I guess it needs to be changed for better matches (though I have had a couple of extremely close and fun games, they are not the majority). I gained 3 pips though with a 500-0 victory with my opponent having 3 diamonds and 2 rubies and my team having 2 diamonds and 3 sapphires so I suppose that leagues do not mean that much in some cases.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

Its a thing in Ruby as well. Seeing lots of Ambers Emeralds and Diamonds.
Let us know when you change it back

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

Its a thing in Ruby as well. Lots of Ambers, Emeralds, and Diamonds showing up suddenly. Let us know when this is changed again.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Just merging my thread here:

I solo queued as legend x2 today, and got a pop within a few minutes (normally 20-45 minute wait)

The attachment says it all. Both teams capped home with 4 people and then went beast.

Legends can be put in the true amber & emerald matches

http://imgur.com/e8pr9wF

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Cynz.9437

lol got one of those as well now (even though i have fast qs)

when will change happen?

Attachments:

All is Vain~

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Raawk.7584

Raawk.7584

The change to long queue times went out last night, so this is the result of that. The search range is clearly expanding too much, so we’ll reconfigure it to be a tighter search again.

Why can’t we merge the eu and na servers so that the player pool is bigger? I know that might result in latency issues but isn’t there a system that estimates player inputs that could reduce that discrepancy?

Oh there would be such huge issue like with guild halls. If you have players from eu and na in your guild and for example NA player in in guild hall, then EU players get insta booted out of instance if they try to enter same guild hall. They would have to change how instances work for it~

I could see the issue in pve but finding players in tyria has never been a pronlem. I was thinking it should be implemented for pvp only.

LoL you really don’t understand do you? PvP match is nothing else but an instance. They would have to change how instances work, even if just for pvp.

It’s a more viable solution than crying about it.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

1) Changes like this to algorithm should NOT be made during the season.
2) Changes like this should not be made unannounced
3) Please announce when you changing algorithm back to something more decent as many people wont even bother when they find out about this. Really encourages playing only outside primetime

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Cynz.9437

when?

All is Vain~

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

If it makes you feel better, mmr decides that my 30% winrate (or even less) somehow equates to 50%. So I’m stuck in Sap5 =( So its not just bad matchmaking I guess?

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

1) Changes like this to algorithm should NOT be made during the season.
2) Changes like this should not be made unannounced
3) Please announce when you changing algorithm back to something more decent as many people wont even bother when they find out about this. Really encourages playing only outside primetime

This. Please change it back and please give us and ETA on things being reverted :/

edit: or… just make more changes. That’s cool too. Alright then.

(edited by skullfaerie.7203)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Had one last night as well. Best thief emerald NA lol.

Attachments:

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Configs have been updated. There should be less of a spread in ladder positions now.

Part of the reason this is happening is because this season matches on both MMR and ladder position. Someone could have a lower ladder position, but have a very high MMR. Since they have to sit around a long time waiting for close MMR players, their ladder search range is also increasing at the same time.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Configs have been updated. There should be less of a spread in ladder positions now.

Thank you!

All is Vain~

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: xXRichiXx.3846

xXRichiXx.3846

lost 4 pips in a row getting emeralds vs diamond players….

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Bahzur.2543

Bahzur.2543

Part of the reason this is happening is because this season matches on both MMR and ladder position. Someone could have a lower ladder position, but have a very high MMR. Since they have to sit around a long time waiting for close MMR players, their ladder search range is also increasing at the same time.

Thx for that, will put that to the test.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

And please make Division drop on next season. When player lose “maybe” 5 game in row with 0 pips in division = drop back to previous division.

Problem right now is that many bad player hit Dia/Legend and start trolling because they are on safe spot. Its very frustrate play with the players who have 25-30% win rate.

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

What is taking so long change matchmaking so that a group of 5 pugs is NEVER matched with a premade of 3, 4, or 5?

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

1. You need to test things better
2. The pip system needs to be adjusted so players don’t lose a pip when facing a premade of 4-5 players.

Also what about losing pips when a team member dcs has this been fixed? Considering you’re making other changes I would hope that was a priority.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I honestly believe this is where my MMR is supposed to be.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Bahzur.2543

Bahzur.2543

Thx for that, will put that to the test.

Wow. I just played 3 matches, and the divisions were exactly balanced! Thx for finally fixing it.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It’s a more viable solution than crying about it.

Not really… GW1 did have such a system where it’d put players from everywhere onto NA or EU servers during their respective timezones. So when one server block had problems, everyone got to enjoy them. And playing on EU servers from the OCX/SEA region wasn’t fun… at 600 ms ping it was pretty near unplayable, and was a major reason why I didn’t play PvP during EU primetime.

Even worse, because the EU playerbase was a lot bigger than OCX/SEA late in the game (and it’s the same in GW2) I couldn’t play during my primetime. So… I couldn’t play PvP at all unless I was home from work early for some reason.

(edited by Ben K.6238)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

Please never do this again, I understand the season is a joke/wash at this point but stuff like this is insult to injury.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: HipposWild.7185

HipposWild.7185

“we don’t test things… simply won’t do it.”

#1 of all #1 players as ranked by a fair and unbiased committee

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Seremela the Elf Mage.1748

Seremela the Elf Mage.1748

Okay, so if Structured PvP was changed so Ranked Arena matchmaking only considers the placement of the highest division player for matchmaking when in a party, then why did my team of 4 rubies and a diamond just face off against three legendaries, a diamond, and a ruby? (Score was 25-540, by the way) My group is running with players who range from the middle of the third tier of ruby to working on the second tier of diamond. Looking around the lobby, seeing plenty of rubies and more than a handful of diamonds why are we not getting matched against them? I can’t imagine our rating is on par with theirs… And if it is the case of them waiting a long time in the queue and their range of players increasing til they come down to our level, why should we be punished with pip loss because there is no one at their level to play them? It feels like their “ladder search range increasing” results in the same stomp-roll games as when people were buying second accounts to bring down their team’s MMR, only now they can all play their mains.

(edited by Seremela the Elf Mage.1748)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Yep, queued up at what’s supposed to be a “good” time after a so-called “fix” and this happens. Overwatch is gonna be fun.

Attachments:

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Yep, queued up at what’s supposed to be a “good” time after a so-called “fix” and this happens. Overwatch is gonna be fun.

You queued four ranked games, won one and lost three. I’m sure you realise four games is nowhere near big enough of a sample to make any judgement on matchmaking . You could have lost all four 100 to 500 and it would still be purely anecdotal. Play 400 and then come back with statistics.

I didn’t like Overwatch at all when I played it. The classes are too rock-paper-scissors for me. I’m sure Team Fortress players will love it.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

2. The pip system needs to be adjusted so players don’t lose a pip when facing a premade of 4-5 players.

Also what about losing pips when a team member dcs has this been fixed? Considering you’re making other changes I would hope that was a priority.

1) LOL, welcome to real software development. You probably never compliment how well everything else in this game works or acknowledge how much it is tested. When everything works, no one even notices. As soon as something breaks or doesn’t work as well as expected people rage real hard.

2) NO!!!, the fair matches can very easily happen between a premade and 5 randos. Often the people complaining the most about premades are the same people that give up as soon as they see they are fighting a premade.

Last point is valid.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

morrolan.9608

1) LOL, welcome to real software development. You probably never compliment how well everything else in this game works or acknowledge how much it is tested. When everything works, no one even notices. As soon as something breaks or doesn’t work as well as expected people rage real hard.

Comparing GW2 testing to other games its testing is manifestly inadequate because it doesn’t have a proper test client.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

*Structured Player vs. Player *
Changed Ranked Arena matchmaking to only consider the placement of the highest division player for matchmaking when in a party.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-12-2016

This… you guyz think it was good versus smurfing? Just add to adjust PIPs was need. Not borking the Matchmaking worse than it was.

This is not what Evan said:

Bummer, can’t even know the clear effect of their matchmaking changes.

Now, revert (not the long queue time thing) the smurfing changes to adjust PIPs when a team got a broad range of divisions.

Thank you.
Dal

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

This season, in my mind, is done. I say experiment now so season 2 can be great.

Lol… do you remember the first test season in December 2014?

The Second test season of spring 2015?

This is their Third try.

And it suck.

People ask for a public test server to have real BETA process before going gold.

Not sure that the Fourth try will get better.

Anet don’t have proper balanced matrix for their classes and stats. They don’t have proper balanced matrix for their match making. They really need to get a real Mathematician and stop trying to improvise gaming system.

Math is GOD in game system. Good Math is golden, bad math bring you down.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

doubt it

i think only ambers and diamond/legendary are affected since they have long qs

Well it is, because other legendary that queue with smurf (or legitimate friends that have less time to play) will get automatically match with full solo lengendary players.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

To reduced latency you need server space on back bone. Those server space cost much more than any other space around.

New York is directly connected to different back bone of EU.

This would bring less latency than playing from West Coast to East Coast.

Dal

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

2) NO!!!, the fair matches can very easily happen between a premade and 5 randos. Often the people complaining the most about premades are the same people that give up as soon as they see they are fighting a premade.

Last point is valid.

We pay them money we expect things to work and when they do we do why would we go out of the way to praise them? Conversely when things don’t work we complain. Becuase that’s what sensible people do when they pay for something and it doesn’t work. I don’t work in the software industry I don’t care what challenges they face. I wan’t what I paid for. I am a paying customer.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Yes indeed you fixed it and there is less spread now.

I’d rather 20 minute queues than this thing. Or make it a toggle at least:

“Do you want the queue to be expanded?” Y/N

Attachments:

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

2 pips loss with 2 disconnected in our party.

I am playing only soloq thief, could you please do anything about this?
Cause it’s hard enough to play without bugs like this ( i really hope it’s a bug, or some1 don’t understand a few things ).

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

hmm why not base it full on divison.Then make matches top down and depending on wait time go further down. So if a 4 player legend group can´t finde a solo legend or diamond to fill after 5 minutes pick one tier lower. Then mark wo has played whom and if the same woul be matched reschedule once to have more chances of diffrent matches (so if you have somthign like 80% the same match restart and delete them from the mark list). When you go down picking, you pick depending on MMR so the good players from the lower tier get scheduled up.
Doing this from start and keeping it should work.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

it should be like

with a disconnector no loss for the others ( the disconnected pay twice, so you cant wintrade ).

Debuff on disconnector ( stacks 3 times. 48h duration ).
When the 3rd stack is achieved, you cannot do queue for a week.

Or also, cause disconnections re like ruin the game ( can happens, but if some1 has frequently disconnection shouldn’t play a pvp mod, or at least should play with a premade ), a ban from the game should be nice.

edit: if you see more ip using the “disconnector account” for wintrading, ban all of em.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Aldnoah.1567

Aldnoah.1567

I can’t play this game anymore (pvp). It’s just friggin nuts. Everytime they “fix” matchmaking, things get worse. Matches have been at their worst for both sides, when winning and losing. When I win, it’s clear that some guys on the other team shouldn’t be playing in the match-up, it’s out of their league. When I’m on the losing side, there’s at least 2, sometimes 3 guys that are either numbnuts or they also just don’t belong in the match-up. What the hell is going on?

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I can’t play this game anymore (pvp). It’s just friggin nuts. Everytime they “fix” matchmaking, things get worse. Matches have been at their worst for both sides, when winning and losing. When I win, it’s clear that some guys on the other team shouldn’t be playing in the match-up, it’s out of their league. When I’m on the losing side, there’s at least 2, sometimes 3 guys that are either numbnuts or they also just don’t belong in the match-up. What the hell is going on?

Ive had this exp all day, n at the end of the day i havent lost nor gained a pip

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Cynz.9437

It was definitely weird, i had couple matches that were rather strange but overall it was mostly ruby/diamond vs ruby/diamond (hit diamond finally on vanilla dp teef woohoo) so i think it is working more or less in “populated” divisions.

All is Vain~

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Crig.6245

Crig.6245

Thanks for faster q time.
Quantity > quality i guess.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Radu.1693

Radu.1693

Thanks for faster q time.
Quantity > quality i guess.

Except it still takes over an hour to play 3 games due to 10 minute queues.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

morrolan.9608

2 pips loss with 2 disconnected in our party.

I am playing only soloq thief, could you please do anything about this?
Cause it’s hard enough to play without bugs like this ( i really hope it’s a bug, or some1 don’t understand a few things ).

Its not meant to happen but the functionality to prevent it has been turned off. However I can’t believe they made the other changes and haven’t fixed this yet.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Matchmaking definitely got worse with the current patch. At least for ruby. I keep getting the most useless players on my team who do not even have elite spec or completly bad weapon choices. I wonder how people like this even got to Ruby. Ruby is the new elo hell I guess since you can just grind your way there.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

About matchmaking…

I don’t understand why this change happened now. I think all of us thought that it will happen in break between seasons. Why now if you can test mmr almost month without damaging anybody’s progress during season? Your testing new mmr on us and our pin’s and we have nothing in return…

And that type of match happened to me too…it realy sucks to play ranked right now.

Attachments:

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)