Catastrophic Matchmaking

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

its really bad. PVP is such a bad experience right now, the people I get matched with … its not even about division… I go on huge losing streaks because the people on my team do some really bad bad stuff… and lose games (going for mob right off the bat in forest…. overcommitting to 4v2’s and leaving nodes open, not going for buffs in temple(the right buffs mind you ), defending treb in kylo.. just really bad stuff… and I k eep getting teamed up with these guys and stuck in this endless abyss call ruby. It makes me sick.

I’ve decided to take a break for the next week until the patch comes, hopefully they fix this matchmaking…. ITS such a bad experience.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

its really bad. PVP is such a bad experience right now, the people I get matched with … its not even about division… I go on huge losing streaks because the people on my team do some really bad bad stuff… and lose games (going for mob right off the bat in forest…. overcommitting to 4v2’s and leaving nodes open, not going for buffs in temple(the right buffs mind you ), defending treb in kylo.. just really bad stuff… and I k eep getting teamed up with these guys and stuck in this endless abyss call ruby. It makes me sick.

I’ve decided to take a break for the next week until the patch comes, hopefully they fix this matchmaking…. ITS such a bad experience.

I know how you feel man :( And the worst part is the trend never seems to swing in the opposite direction.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: nicbet.1820

nicbet.1820

I solo queue. I am in Division 2.
6 matches in a row against High Division Pre-Mades, lost all around 500 : 40
Lost all pips in my Tier.

Fix, and refund please!

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper.6253

Reaper.6253

The new matchmaking is horrible.

Lost 3 complete tiers ( from five back to two) in rubi the last 2 days.
3 weeks of progress gone -.-

nice job anet….

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

There should be a hard MMR reset at the start of season 2 with matchmaking that takes class into account and close off stronghold from ranked. This way everyone starts off at provisional and those with the genuine MMR won’t risk having to carry those with the inflated MMR gained through matchmaking abuse.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Seremela the Elf Mage.1748

Seremela the Elf Mage.1748

There should be a hard MMR reset at the start of season 2 with matchmaking that takes class into account and close off stronghold from ranked. This way everyone starts off at provisional and those with the genuine MMR won’t risk having to carry those with the inflated MMR gained through matchmaking abuse.

I fail to see your reasoning here.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Some of these matches you guys posted are so bad its ALMOST not funny.

2xAmber + 2xEmerald + Ruby

vs

Emerald + Ruby + 2xDiamond + Legendary

How does that even happen regardless of MMR? If MMR is half the matchmaking the first team would have have about double the other team’s MMR yet they lost 550 to 100? Poor guys probably lost 2 pips on top of that.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

I fail to see your reasoning here.

Okay, let’s say someone always teams with ambers getting easier matches. His MMR will be inflated due to easier wins than intended for his MMR bracket. Then matchmaking is changed so you’re always put with people of similar MMR. Now they have an inflated MMR and would perform poorly relative to others in that bracket, meaning those with an actual MMR that level will need to carry them. Thus the exploiters with higher MMR than their skill level will burden their teams until they lose enough to be brought back down again.

If we have an MMR reset everyone will be sorted back to their actual level after getting out of provisional ensuring you’ll get teamed with those of your skill level more reliably.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

I had NO idea so many legendary and diamonds are SO bad. I really, really, really, didnt think it would be THAT bad.

Ive played a few games. I got matched always with legendaries and diamonds, sometimes with one other ruby. And its really sad, but… that other ruby was the one that played good… the legendaries and diamonds? I dont think they even know you have a minimap to anticipate enemy team movement… or how to counter meta builds.
That one guy just STOOD there and took the full bristleback barrage from enemy druid… no dodge, no running through bristleback…. no block…. no reflect. Just stood there… and died.

PLEASE ANET, RESET MMR. NOW. Otherwise this season ends as one big joke. Its bad enough people could cheat their way into a title. That title was meant to be for GOOD players. Instead, those that have that title dont even know the basics of pvp. Not even the basics of pvp.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

People seem to be complaining about two separate things.

1. Matches seem to sometimes allow for people from lower divisions to avoid high queue times. So if the wait time is too long, matchmaking might throw an amber in there if it’s desperate.

2. But the more common issue seems to be that in order to lower queue times in general, matchmaking is now quickly pairing you up with people that are in your own division but with vastly different MMR ratings.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

So… getting matched up with all legendary PZ while my team was just ruby rank? Explain how THAT is fair matchmaking? This fix is even worse than before. At least the amber farmers were easier to combat than this crap. Think I’m done for the season, which is too bad because I finally found people I like playing with.

Ele for Hire

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

So… getting matched up with all legendary PZ while my team was just ruby rank?

I had that exact same situation yesterday. In all honesty the changes seem more geared to reducing queue times for higher tier teams.

All they’ve done is stopped the manual smurf some people used and introduced the ‘ANet smurf’

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

You know what? I might have to side with the peasants this time. Matchmaking has been absolutely maddening these last two days. Simply jaw dropping bad players who somehow managed to get into diamond and legendary.

I just don’t understand where these people came from.

I wanted to try to get legendary before the 25th, but if this kitten keeps up i might just forget about it.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

i just got 2 pips for owning 3diamond 2 ruby vs 2 shappire 2 ruby 1 diamond. no parties :P matchmaking is balanced let it stay this way.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Aerial Melodies.4938

So… getting matched up with all legendary PZ while my team was just ruby rank?

I had that exact same situation yesterday. In all honesty the changes seem more geared to reducing queue times for higher tier teams.

All they’ve done is stopped the manual smurf some people used and introduced the ‘ANet smurf’

Yup… It’s to the point I have to block the players on these teams and queue up around their matches to try and get paired up with teams more in my mmr range. It’s flattering that Anet thinks I’m as good as teams that exclusively pvp and are good at it, but I know I’m not all that and would never win a fight against these players.

As for the person who posted about a certain other legendary team… that guy was using ambers and hard carrying them through to legendary. I specifically hoped that the fix would stop him in his tracks but I see he’s still carrying on. And to think he’s not even that great on his necro and the sapphire mesmer on his team at one point was hard carrying HIM, heh.

Ele for Hire

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I have to block the players on these teams and queue up around their matches

Haha, i did same thing.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Remix.2086

Remix.2086

This happened to me today lol.

I’m the thief in Saph.

editted photo to keep names out.

Attachments:

[MR] Mist Raiders
Sucks to Suck

(edited by Remix.2086)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I’m the thief in Saph.

I think the system decided that some member of your group needs to lose so their winrate would be around 50% and it decide to put a saphire thief in there to ensure a lost. lol

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Radu.1693

Radu.1693

I’m the thief in Saph.

You forgot to edit the upper left.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Atharian.7092

Atharian.7092

I am at Ruby rank, and I am consistently getting Amber players in my games. I am getting players who are no less than four divisions below me. Something is broken.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I’m the thief in Saph.

I think the system decided that some member of your group needs to lose so their winrate would be around 50% and it decide to put a saphire thief in there to ensure a lost. lol

Working as intended!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I really wish we could post screen shots with names. Some of these players “working” the system should get Wall of Shame treatment.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

So… getting matched up with all legendary PZ while my team was just ruby rank? Explain how THAT is fair matchmaking? This fix is even worse than before. At least the amber farmers were easier to combat than this crap. Think I’m done for the season, which is too bad because I finally found people I like playing with.

What’s worse is seeing guilds break up into partial teams and smurfing and tossing matches in SH.The manipulation is obscene. I was one pip from Ruby when I ran into a group doing this and was stuck on the “tossing the match” side twice. 4 hours of work lost to these humps.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

just lost a pip in a group of randoms vs full premade guild team

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Binary Rain.4869

Binary Rain.4869

I’m the thief in Saph.

you worked so hard to keep the names out…but you missed the top left corner xD

anyways….here is my matchup…. (I am the emerald on the bottom)

Attachments:

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

We are still watching this thread to determine configuration changes for ladder search range.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

I have noticed a lot of changes to my matches as well. One side will be all ruby with maybe a diamond and the other side will be ruby, sap, emerald,amber mix. I get that you get placed based on the highest person in your group as per the most recent snap shot but it also seems like when that happens, it forms a team based on any range of ranks within that pairing. Almost like the group rating equals 1 or two tiers higher than the lowest rank. So basically, not only does the “party” get’s upleveled but the “team” get’s downleveled.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I have noticed a lot of changes to my matches as well. One side will be all ruby with maybe a diamond and the other side will be ruby, sap, emerald,amber mix. I get that you get placed based on the highest person in your group as per the most recent snap shot but it also seems like when that happens, it forms a team based on any range of ranks within that pairing. Almost like the group rating equals 1 or two tiers higher than the lowest rank. So basically, not only does the “party” get’s upleveled but the “team” get’s downleveled.

This is a product of the parties with high rank players waiting longer in queue because we’re not using the lower average rank anymore. The longer they sit in queue, the wider the ladder position search range becomes.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

We are still watching

Ya Keep watching while i lose all my pips.

Dude i was 7 pips away from legend all i did is solo q and you change matchmaking in the MIDDLE of a LEAGUE ???!!!!

couldn’t you even bother to wait till next one !!! ?

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Binary Rain.4869

Binary Rain.4869

We are still watching this thread to determine configuration changes for ladder search range.

What exactly is the input for the ladder search? Is it just based off your rank, or does it include any of your match history? After a few out of wack matches (like the one I posted above) I finally got to play with people in my league. Could be due to more people playing at this time.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Deathsilence.3408

Deathsilence.3408

Sometimes i have the feeling that the system would like to trolling me. I have days that i got a victory series and next day i got a defeat series or a win/lose/win/lose… serie. Sorry but thats no more funny at all. Player get punished to losing pip´s course one player just go offline or got a dc.

Attachments:

(edited by Deathsilence.3408)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Here are a couple gems if you wanna investigate for your research. I have many more like these but, I have no time to edit names out and reformat. Since ya’ll hand out bans for n number of reasons and censor Alfred Hitchkitten’s( <<— see what I did there) name, I don’t want to post w/ other people’s names and get screwed.

I am actively declining to join insta-queue pops now. They are kittening death traps like these.

While you are watching can you push a ruleset that will completely remove the possibility of ambers and emeralds getting into diamond late ruby matches? Honestly, I find diamond matches to be extremely boring and amber and emeralds at least add some fun with fights instead of “bunk bunk bunk”. But, for sake of my poor innocent ever vanishing hard-earned soloQd pips, please stop this experimental nonsense for a few days.

Or at least protect Solo Q’rs who are not cheating their way up that Oily ladder.

EDIT: Whatever ruleset you used the day you rolled out changes hoping to eradicate Amber shopping, it seemed to be working that night. I got into stable matches that night with people who were at similar skill levels. But, from very next day, everything went haywire.

Attachments:

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

(edited by velmeister.4187)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Here are a couple gems if you wanna investigate for your research. I have many more like these but, I have no time to edit names out and reformat. Since ya’ll hand out bans for n number of reasons and censor Alfred Hitchkitten’s( <<— see what I did there) name, I don’t want to post w/ other people’s names and get screwed.

I am actively declining to join insta-queue pops now. They are kittening death traps like these.

While you are watching can you push a ruleset that will completely remove the possibility of ambers and emeralds getting into diamond late ruby matches? Honestly, I find diamond matches to be extremely boring and amber and emeralds at least add some fun with fights instead of “bunk bunk bunk”. But, for sake of my poor innocent ever vanishing hard-earned soloQd pips, please stop this experimental nonsense for a few days.

Or at least protect Solo Q’rs who are not cheating their way up that Oily ladder.

EDIT: Whatever ruleset you used the day you rolled out changes hoping to eradicate Amber shopping, it seemed to be working that night. I got into stable matches that night with people who were at similar skill levels. But, from very next day, everything went haywire.

Actually, those aren’t bad at all. The lower division players were teamed up with a Diamond player, so they were matched up as Diamond players. That’s actually working as intended and is a good thing.

Sea of Sorrows

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I still insyst that that you need to repay players for makeing this change now. Whole idea of mmr change was great but you should’ve wait to the end of season. Right now we have kinda random system who can give to your team anybody in your divison. Now even if you are good player your blocked from reaching higher divisions, because new mmr needs to adjust (to start giving you fair matchups) and probably it might start working at very the end of season.

It would be great if you could give ppl some pins at the end of this season (as little sorry for this guys). For example one pin for every earned division.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

I still insyst that that you need to repay players for makeing this change now. Whole idea of mmr change was great but you should’ve wait to the end of season. Right now we have kinda random system who can give to your team anybody in your divison. Now even if you are good player your blocked from reaching higher divisions, because new mmr needs to adjust (to start giving you fair matchups) and probably it might start working at very the end of season.

It would be great if you could give ppl some pins at the end of this season (as little sorry for this guys). For example one pin for every earned division.

There have been no changes to the way MMR matchmaking works. The two changes we made were: Parties use highest division and the division search range expands more to shorten queue times.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: felzero.8526

felzero.8526

happen few minutes ago

Attachments:

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

There have been no changes to the way MMR matchmaking works. The two changes we made were: Parties use highest division and the division search range expands more to shorten queue times.

Sorry for misunderstanding:) My point is: Still you made a change that started this thread, change was to early and loads of ppl are loseing their hard earned pins because of this… right now…and it’s depresing me.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

I feel like you already knew that this is what he was meant when he (erroneously) said “MMR” And he isn’t wrong, it’s not exactly the greatest thing to make untested changes like this more than halfway through a season.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Just save solo queues from this punishment, that’s all. Let Solo Queuer’s not lose pips constantly for this RNG. The entire season is messed up anyway.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Sorry for misunderstanding:) My point is: Still you made a change that started this thread, change was to early and loads of ppl are loseing their hard earned pins because of this… right now…and it’s depresing me.

I see! We’re actively working on this issue as best we can and expect to see improvement soon!

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Juba.8406

Soon™

fixed

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Soon™

fixed

Thank you. Also the changes should be live.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Juba.8406

Soon™

fixed

Can i ask what the changes are ?

Because i am afraid to solo Q again and lose 17 pips in a row

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Soon™

fixed

Can i ask what the changes are ?

Because i am afraid to solo Q again and lose 17 pips in a row

Division range per-match should be much smaller.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Maybe not as drastic as others, but…I’ll share

…and the silly amber never loaded, so we went the whole match 4v5. sigh Put up an ok fight though…

Attachments:

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I must say I am very disappointed from reaching diamond division. I get the same stupid people on my teams who die at far all the time wasting my nice pipes. Went to 8 pips twice in diamond today and now I am back to 0. 3 times I lost 2 pips for a loss! This whole system is outrageously bad.
I honestly wish you would have never introduced this league system because it makes me hate pvp.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: chris.7495

chris.7495

gg

Attachments:

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

happen few minutes ago

HAHAHAHA no words for this… for those of you complaining about the bad match ups stop queuing ranked and let other people be the guinea pigs for this nonsense. It will save your precious pips and a lot of frustration.

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Aerial Melodies.4938

This is a product of the parties with high rank players waiting longer in queue because we’re not using the lower average rank anymore. The longer they sit in queue, the wider the ladder position search range becomes.

To the tune of 40+ minutes for a ruby/diamond mixture…? I’ve never had a queue go beyond 10-12 minutes… I guess your ESL farming teams really did run people out of leagues.

Ele for Hire

Catastrophic Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

happen few minutes ago

HAHAHAHA no words for this… for those of you complaining about the bad match ups stop queuing ranked and let other people be the guinea pigs for this nonsense. It will save your precious pips and a lot of frustration.

Except with leagues ending in a week, there’s no time to do that >:D It’s a bit of a joke.