Causal players and the PvP monthly

in PvP

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Yeah, it’s a sob story but it’s getting pretty annoying. Basically there is a huge skill gap between people in the PvP browser, and those in the tournaments, free or paid doesn’t matter.

My biggest problem with it is that most of my friends aren’t interested in PvP and a few don’t even do the daily achievement. So I’m forced into PuG play in the tourneys and we always seem to be up against organized groups, and that’s when I can get a match at all.

People building parties are usually looking for specific characters and builds to fill out the party, and if you don’t match what they’re looking for you don’t get an invite. Ok, those are probably the guys winning the tourney but it doesn’t give the rest of us a lot of encouragement to continue.

I really would like to be able to finish the monthly but it’s not looking good.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in PvP

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

Forced? You have separated Monthly/Daily Pvp/Pve achievements and you still complain?

I’m amazed HOW the people of this forums founds always a thing to complain about.

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

in PvP

Posted by: LiuliRenai.3928

LiuliRenai.3928

OP makes it a bigger issue than it really is. Both the daily and monthly PvP achievements are pretty easy to get.

I PuGged tournaments (and PuGged only) for around three days to get enough free tournament tokens for an outift I wanted – You’ll only end up against an organized group 50%, most time on the first fight you won’t end up against a premade at all.

So far since I PuG I’ve been in groups that won a round 33% of the time, winning twice in the same tournament isn’t incredibly rare, and I even won a couple of tournaments with a straight PuG (and lost another tournament by 70 points while missing 1 player).

So it’s really not that bad, you just hav to try out a few times and go into the fights knowing there’s a probability you will lose and just go with it.

Liuli – Mesmer – Piken Square

in PvP

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

It’s not really one big issue. It’s a whole bunch of little ones that add up to a problem for casual players.

Edit: See, all I had to do was complain about it. Sure enough, along came a guy looking for an annoying clone factory to fill out the party, so I was in and got 2 of the matches I needed. Of course that guy rage quit on the 3rd match after a couple people made a couple mistakes.

The lack of tolerance from some of the elitist kittenholes is disappointing.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

in PvP

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

It’s better than the first games approach……. random team battles,like 5 continuous wins to unlock team battles shudder

in PvP

Posted by: nurt.5401

nurt.5401

People building parties are usually looking for specific characters and builds to fill out the party, and if you don’t match what they’re looking for you don’t get an invite.

Every time I see something like this I just wonder what’s stopping you from starting a group of your own? Obviously it’s more convenient to fall into a solid group of 4 as the last member, but you’ve gotta get lucky for that to happen. If you’re having trouble finding a group you should take the initiative and start inviting people yourself.

in PvP

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Every time I see something like this I just wonder what’s stopping you from starting a group of your own?

I have tried a couple of times to do that but it went nowhere with the people in the Heart of the Mists. I don’t even have one from my friends/guildies to join me to start such a party. It would be nice, but it’s not there.

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Here’s the problem:

Casual players.
Achievement.

Pick one.

If you’re casual, you expect to get an achievement?

That being said, I’m certain it is not “Tournaments finished in 1st place”, but “Tournament fights won.”

If you cannot win a single fight in a tournament, I don’t know what to say.
Well, maybe. Achievements imply achieving something. If you can’t win a tournament fight, you haven’t achieved the required achievement. So that’s all fair and dandy.

in PvP

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Yes. I expect all of the items in the achievement lists to be doable.

Any other stupid questions?

That being said, I’m certain it is not “Tournaments finished in 1st place”, but “Tournament fights won.”

You have it right. So, do you see the source of my frustration?

I got 2 wins tonight finally, but then our wannabe elite did a rage quit at losing the 3rd match (and losing the tournament). I’m actually working harder and staying in longer at this than the wannabe elites who can pick their parties.

It’s annoying.

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Yes. I expect all of the items in the achievement lists to be doable.

Any other stupid questions?

You have it right. So, do you see the source of my frustration?

I got 2 wins tonight finally, but then our wannabe elite did a rage quit at losing the 3rd match (and losing the tournament). I’m actually working harder and staying in longer at this than the wannabe elites who can pick their parties.

It’s annoying.

So you essentially expect to get an achievement without achieving anything.
How’s that for a stupid answer?

Because all achievements certainly are do-able. This is an issue with you, not the achievement system. I could understand if it was bugged. Then fair enough, something needs to be done. That’s not the case however, you’re just not winning the fights.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

The achievement does need to be hard enough to make it feel at least somewhat rewarding. The “tournament wins” does indeed apply to winning ANY round (i.e. you can get to the second round three times, and that is three “wins.”)

I agree that it is a reasonable challenge to ask for a monthly achievement. I play on an older computer that can’t render large fights very well, so WvWvW is not very fun for me. I didn’t complete the regular monthly achievements the last few months because of that. I don’t think it’s “unfair” or “unreasonable,” though.

I can’t remember exactly what I got from completing the monthly (in maybe three hours of pugging free tourneys, btw) but it was something like ten paid tournament tickets and some glory boosters. The tourney tickets are only useful if you want to join a premade and do a paid tournament, which doesn’t sound like something you’re interested in. So…it sounds like the monthly reward isn’t something you’d really benefit from, anyway.

in PvP

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

If I could find a regular group of players for paid tourneys I would be there like a bad penny, particularly on those weeks when we’re getting rolled in WvW and the dingbats insist on auto-attacking the castle just because they now have a keep and 3 towers.