Celestial Amulet changes :

in PvP

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

Arenanet and some players feel celestial amulet is over performing on some classes.
Celes amulet having 700 stats points more than regular amulets could explain why this amulet perform so well on some classes.

Changing cele to 6 stats instead of 7 stats with these values could be good :
Celestial amulet : ( This brings down cele from 3920 total stat points to 3220 , like a regular 4 stat amulet.)

- 612 Power
- 612 Condition damage
- 612 Precision
- 462 Toughnes
- 462 Vitality
- 462 Healing power

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

A removed celestial is a perfect celestial.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

You simply removed ferocity, that is a minor stat for every build that use Celestial.

Remove a real Damage and a Defence stat and it will be viable.

The problem of Celestial is that grant to a lot of classes a way to inflict every kind of damage as a basic build of that damage why can build up Might easy (ele, engi, ranger and time ago signet necros, now changed into carrion).
An ele can stack 20 might, obtaining a really high direct and condition damage, expecially counting that they do that using a total Bunker build.

I really think that remove Celestial will grant a better gameplay and more build diversity (finally)

in PvP

Posted by: Abimes.9726

Abimes.9726

I also reduced defencives stats not only removed ferocity & this higly reduce the ability to overbunker everything. (remeber when cele stats were 460 – spread on 7 stats the amulet was useless.)

The problem is if you remove cele you send ele to trash tier ( i’m a multi class player it’s not a big deal for me) it also removes some great builds like signet necro wich is not op (actualy one of the few core builds that can be usefull in the HOT power creep).

I removed ferocity cause like you said it’s not as usefull as the other stats but it still increase damage considerably (if the class has acces to fury like scrapper , cele ele , …)

What you basicaly tend to say is high might stacking is problematic with celestial gear , this is why i think strengt / hoel and aristo runes should see a reduced might stack duration buff. (off topic)

(edited by Abimes.9726)

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Celestial needed to go a long time ago, it made no sense that all the pvp amulets forced stat sacrifice and tradeoff but celestial basically didnt

And people saying removing celestial amulet will make elementalist trash, terrible argument

Lets say it DOES make elementalist suck without it, good. If the only thing keeping eles playable is relying on haveing a amulet that gives you 40% more stats than the others while taking full advantage of the spread then the class is broken to begin with and this change will allow anet to actually balance elementalist without having to worry that giving them to much defence or offence will make them an immortal bunker bruiser.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Lets say it DOES make elementalist suck without it, good. If the only thing keeping eles playable is relying on haveing a amulet that gives you 40% more stats than the others while taking full advantage of the spread then the class is broken to begin with and this change will allow anet to actually balance elementalist without having to worry that giving them to much defence or offence will make them an immortal bunker bruiser.

Except the reason why pvp cele amulet stats were buffed was exactly because anet devs couldn’t do that and used the stat increase as a cheap method to avoid said balancing. Just as they are using removing this amulet as a cheap method to avoid balancing other things.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

It’s gone bro, let it go.

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Or ANet can just remove it…

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Except the reason why pvp cele amulet stats were buffed was exactly because anet devs couldn’t do that and used the stat increase as a cheap method to avoid said balancing. Just as they are using removing this amulet as a cheap method to avoid balancing other things.

Yeah well pretty sure the PvP Celestial (and PvE too) were buffed because nobody cared about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

perhaps they could replace 1 stat with concentration or expertise ?

say replace 1 stat:
- 560 Power
- 560 Condition damage
- 560 Precision
- 560 Toughness
- 560 Vitality
- 560 Healing power
- 560 Concentration
^ ferocity removed

say replace another 1 stat:
- 560 Power
- 560 Condition damage