Champion titles

Champion titles

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Im just wondering if you will add tiers to the champion title track ? And if so will they be retroactive so players sticking with 1 class can have the uber titles

e.g r1 champion hunter = 150 tournament wins
r2 Subjugating hunter = 500 tourney wins

you get my drift

[WM]give us in game ladder

Champion titles

in PvP

Posted by: James Megawatt.9021

James Megawatt.9021

Yes please do this! This is such a simple, yet awesome idea to get some more players into tourneys

Champion titles

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

This would nicely replace some of the “long term” goals for the people that play more hours than there are in a day.

I am not a fan though. I am over the literal years it took to gain titles in PvP in GW1. This has its merits, don’t get me wrong, but I am over it.

The only way I would like to see this implemented is if the titles weren’t at such long intervals between rewards. If I am going to give so much of my time to a game, I want to be rewarded frequently for it. I don’t want to go months between seeing any sort of virtual pat on the back. It took me years to get to R6 Gladiator in GW1, and this just seems like more of the same. If ArenaNet were to make a ton of rank increments I would be all about it. It’s long term with a bunch of rewards along the way so that the progression doesn’t feel so slow.

TL;DR The wait between 150 wins and 500 wins is way too long of a process. Make more rank increments along the way to make it more rewarding. It’s a game. There should be many rewards along a long term path.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Champion titles

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

A couple more champion titles would be nice. 150 is fairly fast to achieve.
Something on the lines of:

150- Champion X
500- Elite X
1000- Legendary X

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Champion titles

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

INSTEAD add jack of all trades or something title for those who have all 8 champion titles. Cuz…cuz… thats me.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

Champion titles

in PvP

Posted by: Swanagon.4370

Swanagon.4370

INSTEAD add jack of all trades or something title for those who have all 8 champion titles. Cuz…cuz… thats me.

“Mediocre Multiclass”

“If they can dodge my fist, they can dodge a pin down”.
-Rar, whilst training his kids to be esphats.

Champion titles

in PvP

Decrypter.1785

“Mediocre Multiclass”

made me lol :P

Champion titles

in PvP

Decrypter.1785

A couple more champion titles would be nice. 150 is fairly fast to achieve.
Something on the lines of:

150- Champion X
500- Elite X
1000- Legendary X

like this idea , champion hunter , elite hunter , legendary hunter , sounds good has a nice ring to it

Champion titles

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

It’s an awesome idea. But based on what I’ve been observing all this while, there are those who are against any type of truly long term/unlimited progression of any sort. The reasoning usually goes something like “Casuals are going to get intimidated by the huge tiers and will quit PvP out of hopelessness especially when they see other having those titles they can never get”.

Personally I can’t understand this kind of attitude, but some seem to feel that we can’t have nice things unless every single person can achieve them soon.

Champion titles

in PvP

Posted by: Smiley.5376

Smiley.5376

500-1000-2000 would be optimal from my point of vieuw;

This would translate with a 50% win chance with an average of 12 minutes(10 + 2) per match(queue time included) to:

200 hours – 400 hours – 800 hours of playing SoloQ/TeamQ
With an average of 2-5 hours/day this would be:

40-100 days – 80- 200 days – 160-400 days