Chances of reaching Legendary?

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I have a 50% winrate and I just made Ruby. With just 20 days left in the season however it may look doubtful but then again I won against teams with Primo and Exalted Legends (and Illustrious but for our purposes unranked doesn’t count) and even had some on my team (suggesting the MM deems them in my MMR range?) so there’s hope.

Edit: I don’t run staff in PvP I was just taking some pictures with it.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Thief is atm totally dependent on rest of team.

Try to find a good 3man and you will roll through with 60-70% winrate but with solo youll be stuck with 50/50 slow progress.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

I have a 50% winrate and I just made Ruby. With just 20 days left in the season however it may look doubtful but then again I won against teams with Primo and Exalted Legends (and Illustrious but for our purposes unranked doesn’t count) and even had some on my team (suggesting the MM deems them in my MMR range?) so there’s hope.

play ele, easy games , easy life , easy carries

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

play ele, easy games , easy life , easy carries

You had a significantly higher win ratio for the season, so your experiences wont compare to the typical 50% player. At all.

That being said, I’d give OP approximately a 1% chance of hitting Legendary by solo-queuing for the rest of the season. His chances will increase significantly with a premade, assuming they’re not idiots.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Yeah I tried Ele but people seem to just run away from heals or auras and I get focused down too much without anyone peeling in many games whereas on thief I can do actual disengage and decap at important moments. You know what needs to get done but no one is doing it and can’t yourself since you’ll get intercepted. Though I’m hitting higher tiers so I’ll likely get more mileage out of ele again. If thief is bad (vs. three DH comp for example) I’ll switch to druid, revenant, or ele.

Ele is the best class in the game overall but you need a good team to work with since supporting clowns vs. non-clowns is an uphill battle.

in PvP

Posted by: Ghazan.9213

Ghazan.9213

I wouldn’t suggest trying to learn a brand new class from scratch mid way through the season and hope it will carry you up through the difficult divisions. You’ll likely end up just switching back to your main after you realize you can offer you team much more on a class you’re comfortable with.

Pretty sad that the best way to get legendary is to get an unfair advantage by getting into an organized premade and hope you can get easy wins against unorganized solo queuers, and then think you’re good.

(edited by Ghazan.9213)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Chances are slim. Worse than season 1 or 2.
It took me over 150 games (from start of diamond, took me 190 games to diamond) to get 24 pips in diamond, then had a loss streak to 10 pips again because I keep getting the same useless people from my block list on my team and duoQ/triQ/guild teams in opponent teams. The matchmaking is quite stacked and frustrating.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Chances are slim. Worse than season 1 or 2.

Howso? Sapphire T5 was a nightmare in season 2 but only a day of casual play season 3 got me out. I got teammates who were even basegame spec whereas this season I have primo and exalted legends on and against my teams (some of the matches against former legends were in our favor too)

I’m not saying the chances are great of course but it felt awesome that the MM deemed me worthy of teaming with former Legends (some of whom are still Ruby and even Sapphire themselves). However, the big difference is I made Ruby the past two seasons (stopping at T2 and quitting ranked in the final week) but didn’t play ranked thief during those times.

I’ll try finding a team but it can be hard. I have a video of my Ruby crossing up but the play was sloppy but understood to disengage and help the Mesmer take far. I kept track of an event’s dynamics typically and knew when to get out and get back in. The game in general was one big mess but it was a semi-secure win. I got top point defender so I perhaps stayed in the teamfights longer than I should have. I still need to stop keep pressing a button and having it repeat a move when I want it going only once.

Sometimes matches feel very rigged and know it’s going to get worse from here on out since the competition in mid Ruby (where the higher end players of my pip range are drawn from) likely won’t consist of dragonhunters who challenge druids on far or necros who get bursted down by thieves before they could enter reaper shroud or druids who should last longer than they actually do (daredevil vs. druid seems 50/50) and that’s just factoring in 1v1’s. Soon enough I’ll have to stop solo’ing far since people will actually know how to fight thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

If this helps, Ruby T4 and T5 were the sticking points for me. Then last night I rolled back up through T5 and 3 matches to get through 6.

Honestly there’s no telling how it will go. Just gotta get on and try.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

From now, I would say if you play 10-15 games each day you will reach legendary, 100%. I reached legendary in 231 games this season and I am not a very good player, although I do realise I am much better than I was in season 1 and 2. As long as you play enough you will reach legendary. Yes, you probably do need a bit of skill to get there, but if you play enough that little bit of skill that you need will come naturally.

Another 200+ games in the 20 days you have left and you will be legendary no matter what your skill level is unless you are EXTREMELY unlucky.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

From now, I would say if you play 10-15 games each day you will reach legendary, 100%. I reached legendary in 231 games this season and I am not a very good player, although I do realise I am much better than I was in season 1 and 2. As long as you play enough you will reach legendary. Yes, you probably do need a bit of skill to get there, but if you play enough that little bit of skill that you need will come naturally.

Another 200+ games in the 20 days you have left and you will be legendary no matter what your skill level is unless you are EXTREMELY unlucky.

I’m not sure how that would work. I mean I’m getting like 1 win 4 losses, then maybe a win, then 6 losses, then 2-4 wins and 6-7 losses again. Today I’m at my 9th loss. Ever since I reached Ruby, my winrate is just going down.

I’d gladly start to spam games if it would guarantee me to get to diamond. But at this point it seems quite unrealistic for me especially, if after a close loss, I get the same people on my team (well, 3 of them) and the same people on the opposing team (I think 4 of them were the same). That was not the first time, and it clearly shows how the matchmaking favors one team.

So by your analogy my average at best skills plus my most likely nonexistent machmaking rating makes me one of the extremely unlucky guys in the pool. But hey, I’m happy to feed others with pips.

in PvP

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It’s not about how good you are or how much you play, it is about WHEN you play.

I too was stuck in ruby with a 50% win rate for 10 days. I tried playing a different time and my win rate shot up to 85% and I made it to legendary in a week.

Try to log on during odd hours until you find a time when the other people playing have a lower MMR than you, then you will just win all the time and be there in no time.

in PvP

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

You’re in a situation similar to myself where I’ve been hovering around Ruby 2 for the last few weeks.

After being silly and stressing out over the potential at not hitting diamond I decided it wasn’t worth getting upset over and now I queue up for my minimum 3 games a day to knock out that achievement so there’s only a few thing left for me to do when the new season hits.

Ironically this has helped a little and I have been going 2-1 most nights, so at least I get the psychological effect of feeling like I’m doing well.

If you want to make a mad push you can certainly hit me up in game. I run a few different variations of bunker druid so I’m always happy to lend a hand in my about average way :P

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

I’m not “stuck” in Ruby yet as I just got here but I’ll try playing at different times and it’d make sense. Teaming is always good in random there’s always a risk of getting people who feed mid single file. On ele everything feels more despaired in bad matches since you know where it’d be great to rotate but can’t get there or even shouldn’t go there so mid could go from unfavorable to equal. I also don’t care for Cleric’s amulet.

I’ve played a bit of druid myself this season, which worked out well many times. I’ll usually switch to druid if we have two or more thieves on the team.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I gave up geting higher because of the enormeous effort expected. Maybe i am wrong and will walk trough with some pairing luck but … The only way to do it in a reasonable time would be to build a good four man team on com….
And i play ele. Not bunker but still good support and its totally random. Good team that focuses an fights on point = win. Headless chickens that run out of shout range or premade oponent = loss.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

I’m not “stuck” in Ruby yet as I just got here but I’ll try playing at different times and it’d make sense. Teaming is always good in random there’s always a risk of getting people who feed mid single file. On ele everything feels more despaired in bad matches since you know where it’d be great to rotate but can’t get there or even shouldn’t go there so mid could go from unfavorable to equal. I also don’t care for Cleric’s amulet.

I’ve played a bit of druid myself this season, which worked out well many times. I’ll usually switch to druid if we have two or more thieves on the team.

Sorry, I should have worded my sentences better.

I wasn’t implying that you were similar to me in being ‘stuck’ , but hitting ruby with an eye on higher up with a short time frame remaining.

I definitely agree with you on the mid feeders. I can’t tell you how many games I’ve seen teammates go yolo on mid.

It’s like the cheesy martial arts movies where the bad guys attack the hero one at a time instead of just swarming and he kicks the crap out of them.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m currently T5 Ruby, I don’t get to play much, only played about 120 ish matches. The league seems a lot easier this time around, last season I could not make any headway into ruby. Don’t know if I got better or player base is getting worse.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I have just under 500 matches this season and am t4 Sapphire. The leagues are NOT grindable unless you went in with a good MMR and got favored matches.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

exactly. If you are not on the lucky side of startign with high MMR you end with about 50% win rate and this means enourmeous grinding to reach higher tiers. And the people that made it now have very long Q times … Great system.

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

I’ve made it to T3 Ruby after teaming and am afraid to solo again lol! I could do some Silverwaste in the meantime since I completed the achievement I just need the Gift of Fortune for the wings. At this rate I’d likely make Legendary but naturally the higher you go the tougher the opposition gets so that’d likely have a slowing down effect.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

You can make it but it will be extremely difficult, especially if you stay at a 50% winrate. What with the losing pips and tiers you will need a looooot of games unless you have a change in luck and start getting placed with better teams and boost your win rate closer to 70%.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I almost always soloQ as almost no one in my guild does pvp. As such SoloQ can be frustrating, but if you find yourself with a good team, invite the other players to a party. I had a good match in ruby in soloQ and one of the players recommended we group up. 3 of us grouped up and eventually we added 2 more along the way. No TS. We won 12 straight matches before dropping one.